It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC gone too far? Halloween disrespectful to Witches!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Liberalism... political correctness... democrats.... lead to the eventual downfall of the free world...

believe what you want to but beware the consequences

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Liberalism... political correctness... democrats.... lead to the eventual downfall of the free world...

Nice shot. I guess it would be preferable to go out quick in Rep. started B.S.
war than to fade away under a dem. Eh?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Democrats and Republicans are equally responsible for all of the Political Correctedness in our Country. Yes, it's out of hand, no doubt about it. But both sides are guilty.

Are other countries plagued by the P.C. bug or are Americans the only lucky ones?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The next board meeting is Monday, Oct. 25, 2004.

Email them at [email protected]

Here is the address and phone number. 302 Second St. S.E. Puyallup, WA 98372 phone (253) 841-1301

Let's all stand up and let them know what we think.

Next thing you know, Easter will be cancelled due to the 4-H people complaining that colored eggs and baskets give the rabbits they raise a complex.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Totally agree, Jemison. Both sides are to blame, just tired of the b.s. nit-picking.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate100
We don't convert because we don't have to. Those with an earnest desire to learn come to us. They learn the efficacy of magic by performing it themselves and seeing the results in their own lives. Yes, if someone comes to us with a real need, we will do spellwork on that person's behalf, but "proving" yourself to someone else just for the heck of it is an act of ego, not magic.

Maybe you think you're going to bully one of us into casting on you. It isn't working, and I sincerely doubt it will. If you don't believe in magic, fine, but ridicule isn't going to get you proof from anyone sincere.

I am ridiculing no one. I don't believe I could bully anyone into casting magic on me, because I don't believe it exists. All I am saying is that if it exists, it could be proven, and the debate would go away forever.

But since there is always a perfectly infallable excuse as to why one with magical abilities cannot prove them to another, the question will remain.

All I'm asking is why it is that if these abilities indeed exist, then why is there no record? Why is there no account that can be proven? If it can be done, why has no one witnessed it and documented the findings?

Why cannot this magic be subjected to the scientific method? Is it against the religion?

[edit on 22-10-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
how this for PC?

(image with profanity removed)

[edit on 22-10-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, so much for this thread.

One wants us to prove we exist, which I really dont know why you are so bent on that, why dont you make your own damn thread about it instead of being intrusive of a thread IRRELEVANT to weather Magik exists.

Then other have GOT to start their campaign BULLSH*T
Like this damn picture, what a waste of bandwidth, you can NOT tell me that is anything to do with what this school is doing - that was blatant campaigning, the little tag of "hows this for PC" does not justify your agenda.

Yes, Witches get publically pis*sed off too.

Asta

Misfit

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Misfit]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To the above idiots:you do know it will get removed and hardly anyone will see whic is good for you as it is an embarrassment to yourself showing your level of intelligence
No...back to the duscussing

What Magic Is? Magic is the use of energies that exist within and around us. Magick is not supernatural. Magick is not good, nor is it bad, it is nuetral Just as a knife is nuetral, it can help us cut our food or... it can kill someone, it is ones use of the knife which is good or bad. The energy used in magic is the same... nuetral. It is present in all things. Our "modern scientist" will agree on that much. Sand, rock, air, the earth, water, animals, ourselves, everything! All things have thier own vibration, or energy. Learning to use your own energy along with the energy of other things and/or people, you bring about the change you desire. ANd yes, dear DeltaChaos...science is indeed delving into these things....hypnosis was once considered "occult" also...now it is within illegitimate medical practices.....stick around, there's so much for you to learn!

[edit on 10/22/2004 by LadyV]

[edit on 10/22/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thanks, thirddensity. That's some useful information.

LostSailor, the graphic you posted was both offensive and irrelevant. Michael Moore and George Bush have nothing to do with this particular conversation.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
go join a cult anf find your special place on mars!!!

The title of the thread was about political correctness... not whether magic exists... which it doesnt by the way!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Deny ignorance Lostsailor. What do you hope to accomplish with your insults? Did someone hurt you so bad that you feel you have to attack back and inflict harm to a group of innocent people?

May peace be unto your soul.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
no... ive never been hurt that bad... im just a realist... sorry if i insulted you.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Oh my LostSailor...Obviously you have not been following this thread...it has progressed as so many threads to, from one topic to another....which does not mesh with your little picture there
I am also assuming that you are an older poster wanting to say/do something you can't do under your regular name......sad, at least most of us here have the umph to stand true to what we think

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Let�s not let this thread spiral down into a flame war, just keep on topic and be respectful to other members. Thanks everyone.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Just as a knife is nuetral, it can help us cut our food or... it can kill someone, it is ones use of the knife which is good or bad.

hypnosis was once considered "occult" also...now it is within illegitimate medical practices.....stick around, there's so much for you to learn!

LadyV,

I have questions for you on this topic here.

I was asked to move my discussion to another thread. I agree. I did get off on a tangent, but I think my questions are perfectly valid, and worthy of an answer.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
thirddensity, thank you for posting the contact information!

I'm hoping that if any of you send a letter you will also 'share' the letter with us.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
I don't find the idea of witchcraft anymore nonsensical than praying to Jesus, Mary, Allah, Buddah, etc. It's all the same thing to me with different characters inserted by belief.

Originally witches were executed, those days were when "magic" and related stuff were "discovered". Those people found useful medical and technological solutions, but the Church didn't really like people who were a little smart. That's all, nothing paranormal about that.

Today's witchcraft is more like a religion, than heading to the Noble Prize, or a University qualification.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Vertu]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
PC is everywhere, it even rules here on these ATS boards.

This guy had the word Witcheepoo changed to Whacko in his thread title because the mods were afraid that some people wouldn't know that Witcheepoo was a character on the Saturday morning live-action children's show H.R. PufnStuf, but instead a reference to Wiccans, which could be offensive to witches.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
That's correct.

I changed it. I U2Ued and explained it.

I changed because (like many other people) I had NO idea who "Witchiepoo" is/was. Although many Americans recognize the reference, there are a number of people who would NOT know. If you don't know, it makes the nutjob sound like she was Wiccan and the title sound like it's a slandarous reference to Pagans.

Not that the person couldn't be Wiccan, but in this case the information wasn't given out about the person's religion.

A lot of these threads can get testy; I changed "witchiepoo" to "whacko" which got the point across (leaving the reference in the thread, since it mentioned the show and anyone can easily see that it does NOT have any religious point.)

Originally posted by zerotime

PC is everywhere, it even rules here on these ATS boards.

This guy had the word Witcheepoo changed to Whacko in his thread title because the mods were afraid that some people wouldn't know that Witcheepoo was a character on the Saturday morning live-action children's show H.R. PufnStuf, but instead a reference to Wiccans, which could be offensive to witches.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join