It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God Won't Reveal Himself To Us

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Atoms decay into photons, little balls of light that return to the great ocean of light that exists beyond our perceptual range...which is basically me dumbing down my explanation so much I make myself feel stupid.

edit on 19-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

the flaw in your arhument is the biblical claims of "gods " revalation to numerous individuals - hisd retitcence and modesty are only a recent development

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
God has revealed Himself through His written word and through the prophets’. If God was to openly show Himself we would be like Isaiah who only saw the train of His robes and cried out that he was a man of unclean lips. I do not think that any human could stand in the presence of God.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
God has revealed Himself through His written word and through the prophets’. If God was to openly show Himself we would be like Isaiah who only saw the train of His robes and cried out that he was a man of unclean lips. I do not think that any human could stand in the presence of God.

Thats because you are supposed to think yourself unworthy to view God. You have been conditioned to think this by the organised religions control constructs contained within the bible torah and koran.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

Thats because you are supposed to think yourself unworthy to view God. You have been conditioned to think this by the organised religions control constructs contained within the bible torah and koran.

Every knee shall bow and confess Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Well, If you want the answer from the Bible I'll tell you.

The Problem started here.

Malachi 4
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And here.

Matthew 17
10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Quite simply the Israelites of the first century AD royally ticked off their God. Because they killed the Elijah the prophet candidate they triggered the curse.

Now to understand the curse you need to have a working knowledge of the Leviticus 26 covenant. In this covenant the details of blessings and curses are detailed in Judaism. And if you look at the history of what happened to the Jews for the past 2000 years it's quite obvious what happened, They triggered a top level curse.

Leviticus 26
27 And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;
28 Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
29 And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.
30 And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.
31 And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours.
32 And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it.
33 And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.
34 Then shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long as it lieth desolate, and ye be in your enemies' land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths.
35 As long as it lieth desolate it shall rest; because it did not rest in your sabbaths, when ye dwelt upon it.
36 And upon them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursueth.
37 And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your enemies.
38 And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up.
39 And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them.

Then the question is "How long is this curse supposed to last?" So doing all the work I figured this out. The book of Hosea is all about this curse. In this book is the day of Jezreel prophesy. See Book of Hosea see Chap 1 and 3. Now this book contains the prediction of the curse and oddly enough this book provides the timeline of the day of Jezreel prophesy. Here's the verses.

Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Now these days won't make any sense until you reference this. 2nd Peter 3-8 which is based on Psalms 90-10.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Those days in Hosea 6 2 are thousand year periods of time. It's a 2000 year curse followed by a thousand year period of living in the presence of God.

Continued.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Now. Would you really want to talk to God? If you think you can handle it then do the following. These curses have an Achilles heel. Put simply you have to do what the Jews call Teshuva. Mostly it's simply apologizing for the crime and promising that you won't do it again.

Leviticus 26
40 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;
41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.
43 The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.
44 And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God.
45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

No guarantees but you would want to be out of this curse right? But you say "I'm not a Israelite!" But if you read the prophesies of Genesis 48 and 49 you realize this. The Israelites have spent the last 3000 years since the days of Moses mingling their bloodlines with the rest of the world. Unless you can go back 3000 years and definitely say none of your forbears was an Israelite chances are you are an Israelite. It just takes a drop.

Think about it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

Every knee shall bow and confess Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Instead of quoting scripture to us how about thinking for yourself or is that to far off the religious road that you walk? Explain why one of God's own creations Man in this instance should have to fear the sight of his own creator? Especially since according to your own holy book the Bible we are created in his image!
edit on 20-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

My goodness, you know so much! Do tell us where you have come to be so all-knowing and unbearably wise?

Okay, enough mockery.Your understanding is weak and watery. You don't know the first thing about being a god, so why would you pretend to know the reaction to a godly being, or what such a being would want? How can you pretend to even begin to relate to such an idea?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join