Why God Won't Reveal Himself To Us

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

No, it's proof that not even his own angels could stand him.

You really aren't convincing me to adjust my position in this matter. In my eyes, this "God" dude is still a complete douche.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A former philosophy teacher of mine has done a lot of writing on this topic. You may find it interesting:

The Elusive God

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
reply to post by blaenau2000

Just thinkof how better the world would've been if the Bible had been named, Book Of Man.

But the Holy Bible in summeria is Hold Me Be the Way.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
"How to Oppress a planet" I would have called it.

link   

But the Holy Bible in summeria is Hold Me Be the Way.

Yeah? And does this book bear any resemblance to the Bible?

Oh, and what on earth possessed you to claim a phallic symbol for your avatar? Maybe I have a dirty mind, but it sure looks suggestive...

link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

A "douche" because you cannot see past a week from now? This dude can see years into the future. This dude can live multiple lives within an hr. This dude can think of one person and practically predict what kind of choices the person makes whether he's known them all his life.

This dude can see just about anything. Any side to anything. And can practically argue anything.

If your not capable of that kind of comprehension then yeah. I'd say if you met him he's a douche.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

A "douche" because you cannot see past a week from now? This dude can see years into the future. This dude can live multiple lives within an hr. This dude can think of one person and practically predict what kind of choices the person makes whether he's known them all his life.

Exactly. He's a douche because he knows all that and still doesn't bother to save anyone. How many people die from disease or knife wounds or getting shot or from starvation or hypothermia or drunken car accidents?

How many children homeless and hungry and raped and dying in the streets?

He's lived all these lives, yet he saves none of them. Can't be bothered to lift a finger. In fact, couldn't be bothered to see all of this coming and fix the human race while he was starting over. Yep. Sounds like a douche to me. Either that, or mentally retarded.

This dude can see just about anything. Any side to anything. And can practically argue anything.

See the above argument.

If your not capable of that kind of comprehension then yeah. I'd say if you met him he's a douche.

My, my, you ARE arrogant. Just for future reference, don't EVER speak to me this way again. Ever. I will try to respect you so long as you extend a similar courtesy in my direction.

By the way, what makes you think you're capable of understanding the first thing about what it's like to be omniscient and omnipotent? For being a human (like me) you sure are condescending. Just a little note you should remember before making a jackass out of yourself.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

He doesn't save the world because all that goes on in the world is life exeperience and life lessons. How od you tell a psychopath that his reality is not reality. It's his reality and infact it's gods reality.

Truth is man the very reason you post the way you do is because even god would have a side to him that hates the way he runs things. Because he has a heart he would most likely hurt over the fact that people has to suffer.

But that's where tough love and understanding of how things have to pan out comes into play. For things to be created and learnt things have to be destroyed and forgotten which is why when your reincarnated you won't remember the person you are now.

You will be born un-knowing to better suit the new life and environment you will come up in.

Why did I say what I said about if you've met him he's prolly a douche? Because everybody is apart of god. Just like every single piece of star dust that makes you is apart of the cosmos. Just like your whole astral body is apart of a whole matrix. It's inside everyone.

Every single personality is a side to god. If you are truly a thinking capable human. You've lusted,wrathed,slothed had atleast dipped your hands into all the sins.

Which is proof god sins. And so be it. To walk amongst them means to be of them. If they sin so shall he.

You wanna know why harsh punishments are suggested in the old testament for children and other people?

They weren't modern humans. If you wanna potty train a dog you slap him on the nose and tell him no.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Which is proof god sins. And so be it. To walk amongst them means to be of them. If they sin so shall he.

Dude, that's not Christianity. "God" is the purest of the pure, and you're telling me he sins? Wow. That's a complete 180 from the usual stories.

edit on 18-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

That brings me to this description.

God is life energy(soul) that's how everyone and everything is god. And god is everything. YET. God walks amongst you as a microcosm.

So you have the macrocosm inside the micorcosm who is a microcosm inside the macrocosm. He created everything like a dream world and he resides in it like a dream.

So with that said. His avatar in the dream would be in no better position to judge someone then the next man.

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. A god knowing that everyone and everything is apart of him is not going to judge everyone to damnation. Karma takes care of that. And it's not like your going to be punished for eternity. Infact it may be that you stole something from a friend so 2 weeks later your car gets a flat tire.

That's how the judgemental system works. It could be that you made fun of a certain color of people all your life. You can gurantee that race fo people will be in your family in the next life.

It's to make you respect those different then you.

When the bible speaks of a final judgement on earth it's talking about does mankind have what it takes to grow up. Can they get past all the war and diversions that's cursed them from being united with one another. Can they drop they're boarders?

To get your kid to be good you have to threaten with a punishment system even if you punishment of choice is timeout.

I will be good because I don't want to be judged in the end for my sins. Infact you won't be judged because god has sinned to.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
If he were to tell everybody on this planet that he is real that would completely defeat the purpose of his entire game so to speak. Why? Because if everybody knows he is real, everybody would try to change the way they act so they could have eternal life with him. God doesn't want those who 'act' he wants those who are actually 'real decent people' to enter his kingdom. That's why it all comes down to faith.
I have to disagree. I know Obama is real, but that doesn't mean I want to follow him. There are laws not to murder or you could be put to death yourself. People still murder. It will not take away our free will if he shows up and speaks to us. Did he take away the free will of the prophets with whom he spoke in the O.T.? If not, why can't he speak with us like that?

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
It's like being a parent. Your child is bad, so you tell them if you be a good boy I will buy you a Xbox 360 next month so they act on their best behavior all month only to start acting up all over again straight after receiving their Xbox. I guess the analogy makes more sense.
I've tried to bribe my kids to be good. Doesn't always work lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Atheist would say 'God is God

Epic failure friend. Atheists don't believe in such a thing as God so they would NOT say that.

They are more likely to say God? No such thing!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
God wont show himself to us because its not yet within our ability to project our imagination into reality. Take some '___', I bet you will see god though

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It wouldn't matter what he did. Those who don't believe would ascribe it to something else. They would look for the scientific explanation. That's the point. It wouldn't make any difference.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
reply to post by blaenau2000

The fact that the bible tells us that satan took cammand of angels and left. No matter the numbers. Is proof that god kicked them out. in the bibles expression.

God/Satan same guy.

You are wrong, Bible does not say anything like that. That story is a part of tradition, not the Bible.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by windlass34

“So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” (Revelation 12:9).
• Rev. 12:4 tells us Lucifer took 1/3 of the angels in his rebellion. (Fallen angels = demons)

My point though is this The big bang was the beginning of Satans kingdom Seperation from god. So god went from being the God of unity to the God of seperation.

The purpose is to prove his existence and restore unity. Satan is the deciever because how can you believe he is all when he is 1 being. That is where understanding infinity comes in.

It's a contradiction because infinity is a contradiction in itself especially if were talking cycles.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

He has. He reveled himself to Moses.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
One major flaw with this argument is the fact that religions exist,
if those are the paths to god then he is already violating what
he supposedly doesn't want to do, also he is creating confusion
by using books that are open to "interpretation" by every single
member of religion, the bible can say whatever you want it
to say really. so we have a god who wants us all to be saved
yet cannot offer a valid way for us to believe his claims........

this perfect all powerful being cannot contrive a way to properly
teach things about himself to humans.........

Also if god does in fact exist and did not create religion then
he should know by now that he has failed in his goal, to teach
the world about himself and the rewards he offers. yet it all
seems to get lost in the fray every single time. unless you mean
god doesn't want to communicate with us at all then i would
simply ask why bother believing in him if there is and never
will be proof until death, there would be no way to discern what
he wants or if he even wants anything or even exists...... so again
it comes back to just being a simple claim that can be discarded
with no more thought than faeries or elves.
edit on 19-11-2012 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The sooner people start to realize, but more importantly accept that GOD is just the Galactic Obliteration Device the better....

Seriously though, GOD has to be all of the atoms combined to become a collective conciousness. Think of it like this:

Humans, as individuals are merely droplets of water out of a big big ocean. When we die we return to the sea and become 'ONE'...with GOD.

We are all GOD, GOD is everything (atoms and the like...).

edit on 19-11-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
The sooner people start to realize, but more importantly accept that GOD is just the Galactic Obliteration Device the better....

Seriously though, GOD has to be all of the atoms combined to become a collective conciousness. Think of it like this:

Humans, as individuals are merely droplets of water out of a big big ocean. When we die we return to the sea and become 'ONE'...with GOD.

We are all GOD, GOD is everything (atoms and the like...).

edit on 19-11-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

By that logic Jimmy Savile and Fred West also seem to be part of the God head. How do you include these individuals in Gods great plan bearing in mind that we are all products of the society that surrounds us?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join