It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God Won't Reveal Himself To Us

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Atheist would say 'God is God, if he wanted to communicate with us he could do so easily' but they never think to question why God doesn't work that way and now I think I know why he doesn't.

When I think of God, I think of God as somebody who doesn't want to make it too obvious to people that he is in fact 'real'. Why? Well, look at it this way. If he were to tell everybody on this planet that he is real that would completely defeat the purpose of his entire game so to speak. Why? Because if everybody knows he is real, everybody would try to change the way they act so they could have eternal life with him. God doesn't want those who 'act' he wants those who are actually 'real decent people' to enter his kingdom. That's why it all comes down to faith.

At least that's the way I see it and I didn't realize how hard it would be to put it in words and even the paragraph above hardly make sense of the point I'm trying to bring across. I'm sure you members are intelligent, so I trust you all to understand where I'm coming from.

It's like being a parent. Your child is bad, so you tell them if you be a good boy I will buy you a Xbox 360 next month so they act on their best behavior all month only to start acting up all over again straight after receiving their Xbox. I guess the analogy makes more sense.

I'm not a religious person but I do believe in God. I'm not perfect either and yes I'm a sinner through both thoughts and actions. Nobody is perfect but God loves all of us. As for the Bible, I believe in it but I also believe that it could have possibly been re-written so I look at the Bible as 'black and white with shades of gray', gray being the truth.

*MODs feel free to move this thread in it's perspective place.
edit on 18-11-2012 by TheProphetMark because: Message to MODs

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Just like how a tub full of water all must come together in a swirl and drain down the hole. All life energy will eventually all come together as one again. It's part of the cycle.

Whether you feel you are worthy of a "gods" company now or not. Remember this it's all a learning process. Some are just farther ahead then others in terms of understanding the grander scheme but that doesn't make them any more valuable.

Which is why everyone is reached out to. If we abandon the whole i'm more righteous then you and just try to treat people as people rather then i'm chosen and your not. We'd live in a lot better world and who knows maybe god would be more believable then.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I imagine the reason God does not turn up has something to do with the fact that we are not ready as a species. That or there is no God. Maybe we are Gods or atleast have the potencial to achieve omnipotence if we dont blow ourselves up first!
edit on 18-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Nobody is perfect but God loves all of us.

If that is true than why would anyone ever go to Hell regardless of what they did?

If he did make himself known to all and some "acted" just to get into Heaven, wouldn't he know who was sincere?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

Nobody is perfect but God loves all of us.

If that is true than why would anyone ever go to Hell regardless of what they did?

If he did make himself known to all and some "acted" just to get into Heaven, wouldn't he know who was sincere?

I thought of the same question a long time ago. I can't believe I completely forgot about that, maybe that's why I avoid the question as it only begs for more questions. Very good point.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Why do you die if you get shot? Why do you get burnt if touch a hot pot? Why does thy knife cut thy flesh?

You would never know what heaven was if you never knew hell!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This Video will explain how I feel about G>O>D>...have a listen.

Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Another thing God cant show up to redeem us Monkeys before the antichrist and the end times atleast thats what the bible would have us believe.

Anybody else see the flaw in the above logic? Self fulfilling prophecy or what! Essentially what we are being told is that we will be saved only after most of the Earth is in ruin. Then god turns up to a slightly less populated world and everybody thats left is saved. The smart God would turn up sooner rather than later IMHO of course.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
God doesn't want those who 'act' he wants those who are actually 'real decent people' to enter his kingdom. That's why it all comes down to faith.

Are you suggesting that god does NOT want people that act ? but rather blindly follow?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The bible is bullsh!t and religion is dangerous.

I am not a religious person at all, but I do think the force or energy that is in everything and connects us all, is what people mistake as a god figure.

There is no man in the sky answering your prayers, if anything its just a ambivalent sort of consciousness that just exists and doesn't give a sh!t about you on this tiny blue planet in the outskirts of the milkyway. I think of the universe as just one big living breathing organism with no brain, and we are all apart of it.

Just be a good c#nt and live your life I say - as it may all be gone tomorrow.
edit on 18-11-2012 by homeslice because: spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

I would say if god wanted you to blindly follow all the "angels" wouldn't have been kicked out of heaven (big bang) so that they would be given "free will" to question his authority (existence).

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Jesus became the anit-christ when he said "I'am the son of man". Jesus would most likely be esoteric.

Heaven and Hell to him would be this paradigm I'm about to explain.

Heaven and hell would karmas. You give and you get back. You take and you give. Depending on the situation either or could be heaven or hell.

Heaven and hell on a larger scale that deals with everything rather then personage. Would be space and globe. On a life energy scale it would be unity and seperation.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
reply to post by andy06shake

Jesus became the anit-christ when he said "I'am the son of man". Jesus would most likely be esoteric.

Heaven and Hell to him would be this paradigm I'm about to explain.

Heaven and hell would karmas. You give and you get back. You take and you give. Depending on the situation either or could be heaven or hell.

Heaven and hell on a larger scale that deals with everything rather then personage. Would be space and globe. On a life energy scale it would be unity and seperation.

Three small rules i try to live by are, Take what you do not have. Have what you cannot take and never hurt anyone weaker than yourself. The rest is as they say is Chicken soup(Easy). Do i personally believe in God? My answer has to be yes but not in any organised religions manner which in my opinion is the root of all the worlds evil.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I would say if god wanted you to blindly follow all the "angels" wouldn't have been kicked out of heaven (big bang) so that they would be given "free will" to question his authority (existence).

What? Have you evidence of this?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The fact that the bible tells us that satan took cammand of angels and left. No matter the numbers. Is proof that god kicked them out. in the bibles expression.

In our scientific world proof of this is the fact that all life energy and energy of space was once one condensed ball of energy. Then it exploded like a star does when it creates a solar system.

So imagine that when all the life energy was in unity that was heaven god's kingdom. When it exploded Satan kicked them out. Seperation. Hell. That is where free will begins.

But you can imagine if you were a angel in heaven kissin gods butt all the time. He woud then wonder. If you had free will would you be kissing my butt. Boom Satan takes them out of heaven.

God/Satan same guy.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

When I think of God, I think of God as somebody who doesn't want to make it too obvious to people that he is in fact 'real'

I don't think of Source as somebody. I think of it as something. An idea, rather than an actual entity. Why do you people always have to talk about it like it's an actual person or something? It's a lot deeper than just a person. It's not even remotely human. Nowhere close. What's with the constant need to give it anthropomorphic features? It's never been described as human, so why refer to it as though its human?

If he were to tell everybody on this planet that he is real that would completely defeat the purpose of his entire game so to speak. Why? Because if everybody knows he is real, everybody would try to change the way they act so they could have eternal life with him.

If it were the "God" of the Bible, I'm fairly certain I would devote my life to his destruction. The same with Saddam Hussein and Hitler.

God doesn't want those who 'act' he wants those who are actually 'real decent people' to enter his kingdom. That's why it all comes down to faith.

We don't rely on faith to calculate the trajectory of our spaceships, to build the airplanes and cars that transport us, to design the computer that help us communicate, or to cook the food that is distributed to thousands of customers worldwide. That's not faith, that's science.

Your child is bad, so you tell them if you be a good boy I will buy you a Xbox 360 next month so they act on their best behavior all month only to start acting up all over again straight after receiving their Xbox.

That's a poor analogy, because you don't know everything about your child. Stop pretending to have the least bit understanding of what it's like to be an omniscient, omnipotent being. Being a human parent is NOTHING compared to that. NOTHING.

Nobody is perfect but God loves all of us. As for the Bible, I believe in it but I also believe that it could have possibly been re-written so I look at the Bible as 'black and white with shades of gray', gray being the truth.

Ha! HAHAHA!!! Here's an excerpt from another thread, quite pertinent to the subject at hand:

If your beliefs are true then god created evil, set evil free, and creates life that will succumb to evil so he can damn the seduced to burn forever or burn a while then become nonexistant.

screw that god

I dont surround myself with lunatics why would I bow to one?

^ That really sounds loving to me. I have a human mother, who is GAY, who acts more compassionate than that. Sorry, but actions speak far more to me than words do, and your Bible's records of this "God" have imparted everything I need to know!

edit on 18-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think if God were to be bound by a third dimnesional reality then he is revealed. Somewhere in the universe but not here. If God has created the universe then it's already been created. Time takes just that, time. And with that being said, we live within an ongoing process of universal evolution. On a macro scale, the universe has already been completed. On a much smaller scale, like the one we live within, the creative process is still coming to fruition. Therefore, we "see" things as they are revealed. However, in another point of space time. Everything has already happend.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The fact that the bible tells us that satan took cammand of angels and left. No matter the numbers. Is proof that god kicked them out.

No offence bro but that is no evidence?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Just thinkof how better the world would've been if the Bible had been named, Book Of Man.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You missed the follow up that was the scientific expression.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join