It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Told This Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Just want to share this story. It's interesting that no one did tell this story for some reason. Some times people forget that our military does more than just kill, and I never heard anyone thanking the troops for anything other than going to war.

No One Told This Story

It's the Military, not the politicians that ensures our right to life,liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Really touching story, not much you could say without giving it away in the OP so I can forgive the minimal post.
I read this quote by Ronald Reagan last night and found it again here:

Remember Ronald Reagan's great compliment: "Most of us wonder if our lives make any difference. Marines don't have that problem."

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If our troops defend our freedom and liberty in the USA, then I guess they've been losing that battle for a while now.

The politicians create war agendas across the planet, they tell the military who to kill, and the troops follow orders without question.

When was the last time a Muslim country took away your freedom?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Funny how that works, if the military don't follow orders what good are they? It's not the military fault that we the people keep voting for warmongering politicians.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by maxella1

Thank you, OP. That article at that link is well worth the short time it takes to read it. And I can only echo another member's sentiment: this time, if you had said much more, it would have taken away from what that story tells us.

A great find and again, many thanks for sharing it.

~Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Thank you, OP. That article at that link is well worth the short time it takes to read it. And I can only echo another member's sentiment: this time, if you had said much more, it would have taken away from what that story tells us.

A great find and again, many thanks for sharing it.

~Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Thank you for kind words. It's my pleasure to share stories like this one. For people who were there 9/11 is a very hard subject to talk about I think it helps to balance the negative with the positive details. Just imagine the relief the parents of those babies felt when they found them alive and well and being protected by the Marines.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I love posts like this at ATS, as it helps me to not lose hope in the human race.

S&F and I'm not even American.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Snopes says it's not true.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

You forgot to drop the URL.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
If our troops defend our freedom and liberty in the USA, then I guess they've been losing that battle for a while now.

The politicians create war agendas across the planet, they tell the military who to kill, and the troops follow orders without question.

When was the last time a Muslim country took away your freedom?

That's an unrealistic way of looking at it. Imperial Japan wasn't looking to take away our freedoms when they bombed Pearl Harbor; they bombed it so they could push us out of the way and have a free hand at taking away other country's freedoms.

Not everything needs to have some sinister secret conspiracy to take over the world concocted to explain it. Sometimes, it's an overt and pretty blatant attempt to take over the world. It's in the historical record that OBL wanted to inflict his sick version of Islamic intolerance on muslim countries to the point that even Sudan told him to get out, so why people necessarily need to gravitate to these conspiracy fair tales to explain something so overt and pretty blatant is something I really don't quite understand.

To the OP: Qlthough the story turned out to be false, I thank you anyway for posting it. You wanted to portray our servicemen as honorable human beings to differentiate them from the inhumanly cruel, murderous automatons that all these alternative history buffs want to make them out to be. Your heart is still in the right place.
edit on 23-11-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join