It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When people blink, with one eye..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hey!

Before I start trying to explain what my topic is about, I must say a few words.
I am Norwegian, so my english won't be perfect. Furthermore I have not posted anything on ATS in years..actually have not been posting on any forum for years.

What my post is about:

The last 6 months I have really tapped into trying to figure out if someone is lying. Yes, this because my last year has been very challenging and I've been lied to many many times. After a while I could start noticeing micro-movements in the face area. Such as; small blinking, eye movements, etc. And how the bodylanguange is, by putting your open palm to your chest and such.

I also have been reading about eye movement, example: By moving your eyes up towards the right corner of the eye, you remember differnt things that HAS happended in your life, and by looking to the left upwards, you are creating a image that most likely did not happen (or you are forming words that you want to speak)

I'm sure many of you are already familiar with this "technice" if I can call it that.

I must stress, this is not an obsession, where I need to find out if someone is lying to me, because I already know what I need to know. Mearly I want to ask all of you, what this is. That I notice several times, but I cannot seem to find anything about it on the internet.

What is my question?

Often, when I have said something, that correxponds with the person of interest's beliefs, they often blink with one eye. Not the flirting kind...It almost looks like a tic.. What is funny and interesting is that when the person blink, they almost look ROBOTIC. I mean, this is very hard to explain. It looks, like the brain is storing a memory actually. I sometimes find the person that blink this way, to react in a agressive, explaining or strange way. Like the brain reacted to what has been said, and the tic or blinking appears.

I have seen this several times in interviews and such.

Is there anyone else, that has noticed this behaviour in other fellow people?

Hope this is an interesting read, and that some of you. May have an answer for me

Thank you for your time!
Regarding this topic.

Gamerman

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Have you ever seen Ralph Nader? He has about the most extreme case of lazy eye I have ever seen.

I think what you are seeing is varying degrees of lazy eye. Because, at some point the underused eye will
not blink in synch with the dominant eye.

It is probably because the seeing eye strains more and requires more frequent lubrication.
The lazy eye blinks independently, because it doesn't focus or need to clear as often.

I am familiar with eye cues that determine when a person is fabricating their thought versus remembering
something. It is a fascinating topic.

What might be more productive is to notice which eye has been allowed to become the dominant one.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Depending on the eye and the subject
This could be a sign of trauma related to the topic you are discussing.
A subconscious closing of the eye in an attempt to block a memory or access a memory that has tried to be forgotten or a memory that would rather be forgotten

Now I'm no expert .....but my background in related areas
Tactical questioner
Interrogator
Mental trauma assessor and manager
And .........a husband and father

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Depending on the eye and the subject
This could be a sign of trauma related to the topic you are discussing.
A subconscious closing of the eye in an attempt to block a memory or access a memory that has tried to be forgotten or a memory that would rather be forgotten

Now I'm no expert .....but my background in related areas
Tactical questioner
Interrogator
Mental trauma assessor and manager
And .........a husband and father

Thank you both for answers

Neoncrushader, what you meantioned, is what wanted to try and get into. Because, the person of "interest" of this subject inparticular, looks traumatized or angry... So what you say, about the brain trying to acsess a memory or block it out. Is so interesting. I have actually sometimes myself noticed that I blink with one eye, subconsciously when I hear something I don't "like" or is hard for me to talk about.

Does anyone have any articles that is a good read, about this subject?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gamerman

Sender en kald hilsen fra Rogaland ^^

Very intresting indeed

I have the same "problem". I`ve never thought of it more than some form of "lazy eye" tho.

*helping you look it up*

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Be9al

Sender en kald hilsen fra Rogaland ^^

Very intresting indeed

I have the same "problem". I`ve never thought of it more than some form of "lazy eye" tho.

*helping you look it up*

Thanks Norwegian Friend

Did you find anything?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

PaperbackWriter
Have you ever seen Ralph Nader? He has about the most extreme case of lazy eye I have ever seen.

I think what you are seeing is varying degrees of lazy eye. Because, at some point the underused eye will
not blink in synch with the dominant eye.

It is probably because the seeing eye strains more and requires more frequent lubrication.
The lazy eye blinks independently, because it doesn't focus or need to clear as often.

I am familiar with eye cues that determine when a person is fabricating their thought versus remembering
something. It is a fascinating topic.

What might be more productive is to notice which eye has been allowed to become the dominant one.

Very nice information I must say
Thanks for the input!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

i think the action your referring to is like a subtle cringe, like they are slightly reserved to speak on the topic thats been broached in that moment.

an easy method to try and understand body language is to try and imagine yourself performing that same movement or action and think on how your mental space feels when you reenact it.
edit on 3/18/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join