It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Fiction books about Time Travel, slips & Shifts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hi guys and girls!

Okay so I apologise if this is in the wrong section as it's not typically about debating and discussion said topics but I've noticed a lot of the time travel/slips/shifts topics are posted here in PS so I thought I'd ask.

I want to get a few books on these phenomenons for my Kindle and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction of any worth reading? Important note, they need to be non-fiction with "witness reports" etc (like a lot of the stories posted here by contributors)

If anyone could point any out in the next 45 minutes that'd be awesome as I'm about to go on a long bus/train journey home lol, if not any 'time' (haha) will do!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

encyclopedia of the unexplained by jenny randles and peter hough
part 3 out of time

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Unfortunately, the best books are not available on ebooks

You need to get hold of this one - some awesome time slip tales.....

Also check out this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And hit my signature link (#1) below for a tale about same.

reply to post by maryhinge

Just saw your post there - you are on to it mate - good one

edit on 18-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Isn't that kind of a problem - time travel likely exists only in science fiction. How could you possibly write a non fiction book about something that doesn't exist?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

You are of the opinion it doesn't exist... And that's fine. But many people believe they've been "involved in" time shifts/slips etc & therefore there is a lot written on the science of it etc along with these accounts.

That's how you would go about it.

The two people who listed that book thank you, I've looked all over for it but as was suggested, nothing in E-Book format
oh well!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

A time slip or shift I can wrap my head around, not man made time travel, though discussing time slips is what I consider speculative. Unfortunately I believe that problems with time perception indicate a faulty human, not a faulty universe. Did you ever read about this guy, he might interest you? : Time Travel Guy

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: A55A551N
Hi guys and girls!

Okay so I apologise if this is in the wrong section as it's not typically about debating and discussion said topics but I've noticed a lot of the time travel/slips/shifts topics are posted here in PS so I thought I'd ask.

I want to get a few books on these phenomenons for my Kindle and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction of any worth reading? Important note, they need to be non-fiction with "witness reports" etc (like a lot of the stories posted here by contributors)

If anyone could point any out in the next 45 minutes that'd be awesome as I'm about to go on a long bus/train journey home lol, if not any 'time' (haha) will do!

The major books are Moberly, C. & Jourdain, E. An Adventure (1911 and many editions up to the 40s)
Forman, J. The Mask of Time (1978)
MacKenzie, A. Adventures in Time (1997)
Randles, J. Time Storms (2001) also Supernatural Pennines (2002)
Better late than never...
edit on 5-3-2015 by CarlGrove because: Pressed the wrong button or something

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: A55A551N

If you want to try to explain them for yourself, you might want to get "Hyperspace" by Michio Kaku and "Black Holes and Baby Universes" by Kip Thorne. It's a good starting point.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm not too sure about books, but here's an interesting web site about missing time experiences. Like when people go on a 2 hour drive, it's 7pm but they arrive at their destination at 7:15pm. they may have travelled 200 miles in 15 minutes but can't account for the time difference, and the coffee they brought with them is still hot. That kinda stuff.

The Paranomalist

top topics

join