It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Simplistic? The Hypocrisy Of It All Is Sickening Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm afraid that this is a bit of a rant!

Perhaps I am looking at all this with too much simplicity but I am just so angered by the hypocrisy that is going on around the world when it comes to the Isreal V's Palestine conflict.

It seems to me that depending upon where you live in the world will decide on how the government/media will report on a given situation. For example, the US (government/media) is behind Israel along with the UK (and others) and if you listen to the media you'll find a bias supporting this - even if there isn't meant to be.

If however, you watch RT you'll find that they quite openly support Palestine. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I have found more 'factual' information coming from Russia Today than I have from Sky News.

What has come to really anger me is that I only really started looking into the situation after seeing a few posts here on ATS over the last few months - I instantly felt sorry for Palestine and what I felt was theft of their home/lands. But watching Sky News a day or so ago I was shocked to hear that the UK government were calling for peace in the area BUT it was basically Palestine's fault that they were now being bombed!

Perhaps someone can put me straight here, but why is it that governments around the world accept and support Egypt's government yet call Hamas terrorists? They are both factions of the same group (Muslim Brotherhood) yet one is a government and one is a terrorist - I find it hard to get my head around.

Also, why is it that the US and UK feel that Israel has the right to defend itself against the missiles that are constantly fired at them and say that "no government would put up with this" yet feel that it IS acceptable for Israel to occupy and confiscate land that is privately owned by Palestinians?

My views and questions might sound too simplistic and have no straight answer but am I alone in feeling that certain governments have much 'deeper' issues for supporting such disgusting behaviour? What makes some countries/conflicts worth getting involved in whilst others go unnoticed for years where far worse goes on?

Of course there has always been the thought that War is somehow good for the economy - but I guess that's a different story?!?

Rant over

edit on 18/11/12 by Kellys because: spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kellys

It's all upside-down for those of us daily fed by propaganda from the U.S., Israel, and Britain. There is a huge prison called Palestine, monitored by the British and American military base called Israel. Everyone in that prison have no rights to fight back according to the State-run major media of the U.S., Britain, and Israel. Bizarre propaganda catch-phrases constantly appear as the reason for murder, such as "Israel's right to exist", "Existential threat", "The most moral army in the world", etc. It is sickening to me as well, Kellys.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Israel had someone from the government, I forget their name now, talking to Sky News and when asked about the deaths of children, they shrugged and simply replied 'collateral damage'.

The days since they have been really vocal about avoiding civilian deaths etc yet justify it with statements such as 'the terrorists hide amongst the people using them as human shields' .....

Palestine is almost 3rd world and seems to have no army barracks, or prominent military bases, they go to work and then return home to their families! Hardly hiding amongst the people.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kellys
Perhaps someone can put me straight here, but why is it that governments around the world accept and support Egypt's government yet call Hamas terrorists? They are both factions of the same group (Muslim Brotherhood) yet one is a government and one is a terrorist - I find it hard to get my head around.

First off I don't have the answers.

If anybody claims they do they are either lying or self delusional.

I can give you my opinion..
Egypt's New Government was created when the Egyptians themselves decided who would rule them. Which is how hundreds of Governments have become legitimate in human history. Now with regards to Hamas, Hamas is considered by many as being legitimate. It's tactics however could be considered extreme just like Israels.

If you are going to call out Hamas's Muslim Brotherhood affiliation need I remind you that it isn't just the US/West/Israel that consider their activities as being terrorists but so do the Syrians, Russians and Iran who are fighting MB factions in the Syrian uprising.

Also, why is it that the US and UK feel that Israel has the right to defend itself against the missiles that are constantly fired at them and say that "no government would put up with this"

Would any Government put up with it?

yet feel that it IS acceptable for Israel to occupy and confiscate land that is privately owned by Palestinians?

I Agree on this matter.
I think however the long term solution will be found at the negotiating table and not at the end of a barrel.

My views and questions might sound too simplistic and have no straight answer but am I alone in feeling that certain governments have much 'deeper' issues for supporting such disgusting behaviour?

All throughout human history this has taken place. National interests always seemed to have trumped morality. This isnt anything new nor is it just a "US/West" issue.

What makes some countries/conflicts worth getting involved in whilst others go unnoticed for years where far worse goes on?

Greed, Ego, Ignorance, Politics, Religion and a few more other nasty words..........
edit on 18-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Some good answers/opinions

I totally understand about 'one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter' - being in the UK I am old enough to remember the 'troubles' and have family in Northern Ireland. At the end of the day, I guess there is no simple way out - someone is always going to be upset.

Now with regards to Hamas, Hamas is considered by many as being legitimate. It's tactics however could be considered extreme just like Israels.

Israel seem to have a long history of very disturbing tactics also - I guess when you are fighting for something such as freedom then passion will always win over military might, I am convinced that this is why we cannot defeat the Taliban.

I certainly agree that sitting around a table is the way forward for any peace deal BUT, I have watched an interview with a guy on RT who works in the ME trying to stabalise the situation who was trying to ensure that everyone knew that a deal had been on the table just days before Israel struck - he was actually quite frantic in making sure that the information was out there, I new at the time I should have noted down his name but he said that both sides had agreed in principle to the deal.

Greed, Ego, Ignorance, Politics, Religion and a few more other nasty words..........

So true, so true!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Provacateurs infiltrate both sides in any dispute to accomplish a desired outcome.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join