It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I have been reading the postings on ATS for several months. I joined in case I had something to contribute or wanted to reply to a thread.

Not sure what is relevant as far as "about me" info. 40-something male, prior military, prior federal law enforcement, no political agenda to grind or religious belief to push. I read ATS in the same way I read Drudge Report, to keep abreast of whats happening in the world.

If I have left anything out that should be in an introduction post let me know. Or if anyone has any questions, I'll answer what I can.

JAK

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hi Carreau and welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Welcome to ATS. Here's your welcome cookies...so many of us expect cookies from the new members....just thought I'd help you out....

I look forward to meeting you in the forums...

Des

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)
Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on this ride with you.
edit on 11/18/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thank you mods and thank you Destiny for the cookies.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Welcome to the Forum, with your previous Military, and Law enforcement experience I think you will have plenty to offer, and find much that will be of interest to you.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Don't tell anyone you were in the military.

They will flame you without mercy.

Great avatar. Is the dog a good shot?

Welcome aboard!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Why would I be "flamed" (whatever that means) for being in the military?

The dog is the spotter, no thumbs=poor trigger squeeze.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Well, I think that is doggie discrimination. You should be required by the government to provide a special thumb free weapon so the dog can shoot also.

I might start a thread about this...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'll let him shoot when he picks up his own poop, takes his own bath, washes his dishes, and brushes his own hair and teeth. Until then he's my spotter.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Oh, rats...can not star intro posts...

Thats funny though

There are all kinds of little features on this site, for example you can set it up so when you click on the my ATS pulldown you can set it up so you see what is new on your fav catagories. Any questions just ask.

You figured out the avatar though so you probably are all set.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride.

Hope to see you around, you'll probably enjoy the Survival forum.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hi there
nice to have you on board.

new topics

top topics

join