It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you liberals!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JBpage76

I have been to the US and although it was some years ago, all I saw was hard working people. There is a high unemployment rate at the moment but that is largely down to jobs outsourcing and the economy, I find it very difficult to believe that the majority of those on welfare want to stay on welfare. I am not 100% on living standards for those on Welfare in the USA but here in the UK it is not much of a life at all. All I am saying is that Welfare is the wrong area to concerntrate your anger, what you should be angry about is American companies outsourcing American jobs and Large companies avoiding tax through legal loopholes. You will have to take my word for this but you have it relatively easy in the USA when compared to the UK, we have mega high taxation through standard income taxes plus lots of stealth taxes and we have one of the highest costs of living in the world. But we as Brits are being short changed by the large multi national companies too and it makes those that open their eyes to this very angry.
edit on 18-11-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Wait . You are making above 105k and you have a boss ?

Everyone has a boss or someone to answer to. Even you supreme ruler

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
Anyway. Yeah, I don't think I feel sorry for you. And the only folks you can thank for any tax increase would be the House Republicans.

Not Liberals.

I am not asking for your sympathy. I know takers will always take without regard of where it came from, and I was thanking the liberals for allowing it to be stolen from what I earn to feed and support my family. The House Republicans didnt implement obamacare, the obama administration did. Hence the name. Hence the tax hike. The lowest I've ever paid in taxes was under a republican POTUS.
edit on 18-11-2012 by JBpage76 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

....musta been dubya cuz it sure as heck wasn't under Reagan or bush sr.........

of course he did use tax incentives to buy his votes and create the recession to begin with, so that may be what it was...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

....musta been dubya cuz it sure as heck wasn't under Reagan or bush sr.........

of course he did use tax incentives to buy his votes and create the recession to begin with, so that may be what it was...

Sure.. sure..maybe… but who are you guys going to blame during this term and with our current economical status being so much better and all?. Bush still? Well of course, but that’s a load of crap! Poor Obama… look at the mess he will inherit his first term…lol.. it was far from perfect under Bush, Clinton, GW Bush or Obama, but without a doubt not near as bad as it been since obummer started making the calls.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

ya'll blamed dubya's first term on Clinton, it's only fair to blame Obama's first term on Bush. If he doesn't make significant changes by the end of the second term, then you can whine and moan

....oh wait, dubya's faithful (all 21% of them) even blamed second term stuff on Clinton, including dubya's bathroom schedule

I'm not a big Obama defender, but he did have a pretty big mess to clean up. Somebody else may have cleaned better and faster, but still, it was a heck of a mess...

Mediocre president=slow clean up (from that demonic, half-witted moron that got us into this mess to start with aka dubya)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The OP is using republican math to make him feed better, like Karl Rove did on election night.

edit on 18-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

I wish I could you give a million stars. Fear. It permeates this country. You can condemn we baby boomers for protesting wars and for civil rights, but we were not afraid.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Life on welfare is terrible in the US........and there is a lifetime limit of 5 years federally, most states have a shorter limit of 2-3 years in your LIFEtime that you can be on it. I don't understand the concept of 3-4th generation welfare mongers. Is a generation 5 years?

edit on 18-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well OP, I understand your pain from your point of view but seriously, you are making like 5 times what I make a year and I really doubt that you are working 5 times as hard or are 5 times starter or have 5 times my education or even deserve 5 times my salary.

So from my point of view, I can't share your pain on paying 4%~ more in taxes.

The economy is bad and going down, you should be happy to still have a job and a good one too.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Fly this instead. Also a prime reason why people wish to secede. I urge all nay-Sayers to do the research.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
Well OP, I understand your pain from your point of view but seriously, you are making like 5 times what I make a year and I really doubt that you are working 5 times as hard or are 5 times starter or have 5 times my education or even deserve 5 times my salary.

The economy is bad and going down, you should be happy to still have a job and a good one too.

You have some understandable comparisons in your post, but there are a lot of other factors to consider than what is on the surface.

I didn’t just wake up one morning with a decent job and income. I worked two part time jobs until I graduated high school, to help my mother support us. Once I was accepted into college, still had to work two jobs to pay for school. Made it almost two years until an Army recruiter convinced me $1500 a month was worth quitting school.
After the military and the additions of three dependents along the way, I worked as a deputy sheriff for next to nothing and finished school with the help of the GI Bill. Barely being able to pay bills and put food on the table for years.

My wife and I busted our rear ends and made a lot of personal sacrifices to see that we could give our kids more that we ever had, as do most of the families in the US. After all that is the main goal.
Finally, after YEARS of struggling my way up the ladder, Now in my mid 30s, I am able to provide what I think is acceptable life and start in life for my children. I work over six months a year overseas and away from home so that my wife and kids can have the best possible living I can give them. Along with helping support both of our parents and several other family members.

This is no different than what millions of other husbands, wives, and parents do on a daily basis. We have just been fortunate that our work is starting to pay off.

So you can see my frustration when I am told that I have pay more to support those who WILL NOT support themselves. If they CAN work and don’t, then they shouldn’t get jack! Period!! Nothing in life is free, and it takes an unbelievable amount of drive and determination to get ahead these days.

For those who are forced out of work or are UNABLE to work to put food on the table, that’s a completely different story. Those people I fully support receiving government aid and as many other benefits as they can! I WILL NOT however, support career welfare recipients who think they are owed something for nothing and teach their children how to work the system!!! I cannot and will not support a president or party that drives the majority of their votes from the aforementioned population either!

This rant isn’t about supporting the “Poor” if you will, because I have been there, I have gone without eating so that my kids don’t go to bed hungry! My wife and I both have!

edit on 18-11-2012 by JBpage76 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You should get off of ATS and start working on those deductions. No one should pay 50%. If you do you need an accountant or you need a new accountant.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

I dont think I've ever seen that flag. What is it?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

He heard it from some republican I am sure. Maybe his bossman is also a racist and says crap like this to spread his hatred for the president.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Just because you are gullible doesnt mean the rest of us have to follow you. So this wasnt even an official notice. Just some suits talking amongst themselves ?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

But its been pointed out to you that the math you present is incorrect. An increase of 38% of a total of 25% is not giving you over 50% increase in taxes. If you now pay 25% of 105K or about 14,000.00 the increase would only be 532.00 more in taxes. Not exactly gonna break you is it?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by GD21D

He heard it from some republican I am sure. Maybe his bossman is also a racist and says crap like this to spread his hatred for the president.

Not quite, my boss isnt even American, he is a brit, and unfortunately he thinks obummer hung the moon and is the savior to human kind...lol.. . Even so not too bad of a fellow.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

You seriously think he was re elected by sheeple? Wow, we have a lot of sheeple in the good ol USA dont we? So many that we were able to re elect the President. Hey you do realize that the election says we want him as President dont you? He was voted in by the majority. Its not like he robbed the election from Romney. Romney lost. Get over it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

And you are still not getting the math. Gosh, what exactly do you do for a living anyway? Your understanding of this issue seems to be off so Just wondering what you do.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Unemployment here in Virginia is very low. Like 5.6 %. So no thats not it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join