It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronized Consciousness Changes Random Systems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

When human consciousness becomes coherent and synchronized, the behavior of random systems may change. Quantum event based random number generators (RNGs) produce completely unpredictable sequences of zeroes and ones. But when a great event synchronizes the feelings of millions of people, our network of RNGs becomes subtly structured. The probability is less than one in a billion that the effect is due to chance. The evidence suggests an emerging noosphere, or the unifying field of consciousness described by sages in all cultures.

This is a project being done by Princeton University and has been going on since 1998. I know some people on ATS will have heard of this before, but for others maybe it will be their first time stumbling onto the project.

The Global Consciousness Project is an international, multidisciplinary collaboration of scientists and engineers. We collect data continuously from a global network of physical random number generators located in 70 host sites around the world. The data are transmitted to a central archive which now contains more than 12 years of random data in parallel sequences of synchronized 200-bit trials every second.

Our purpose is to examine subtle correlations that reflect the presence and activity of consciousness in the world. We predict structure in what should be random data, associated with major global events.

Subtle but real effects of consciousness are important scientifically, but their real power is more direct. They encourage us to make essential, healthy changes in the great systems that dominate our world. Large scale group consciousness has effects in the physical world. Knowing this, we can intentionally work toward a brighter, more conscious future.

You really need to check out the site for yourself to fully ingest everything. I am interested in seeing how this "project" plays out along side (what some may call) the biggest synchronized event in collective consciousness in perhaps many years.

Here is a general outline of the events of 9-11 in relation to the project.

The following material shows the behavior of the Global Consciousness Project's network of 37 REG devices called "eggs" placed around the world as they responded during the periods of time specified in formal predictions for the events of September 11 2001.

The first formal prediction for September 11 was essentially the same as that made for the terrorist bombing of American Embassies in Africa in August 1998. That specified a period beginning a few minutes before the bombing and included an aftermath period of three hours. Following that model, I specified a period beginning 10 minutes before the first plane crashed into the WTC tower, and ending four hours after, thus defining a similar aftermath period.

The graph of data from the formal prediction for September 11 shows a fluctuating deviation throughout the moments of the five major events, during which ever-increasing numbers of people around the world are hearing the news and watching in stunned disbelief. Times of the major events are marked by boxes on the line of zero deviation.

The next figure shows the cumulative deviation of a measure of the variability of scores (variance) among the 37 eggs over the course of the day of September 11. It was generated as a test of Dean Radin's prediction that the variance would show strong fluctuations: "I'd predict something like ripples of high and low variance, as the emotional shocks continue to reverberate for days and weeks."

In this figure, the times on the X-axis are Eastern Daylight Time, allowing a direct assessment of the timing of the strong deviations. As in the first figure showing the cumulative deviation of the Chisquare, there is an indication that the effects registered for this horrendous event might have begun several hours prior to the first attack. Again, the pseudo data are used for a direct comparison. More on this topic, in the context of exploratory analyses, can be found on the 9/11 Variance page and on the extended analysis page.

The following I find to be even more interesting. It shows to what extent a "smaller" group of people can have on "random data".

Silent Prayer

A third formal prediction was made with direct reference to the September 11 events. Since the horrible event, innumerable calls for prayer have been made. On the 14th of September there was a special emphasis on such collective spiritual moments, including major organized periods of silence in Europe and America. Doug Mast made a specific formal prediction for a deviation of the Chisquare "over the time periods 1000 to 1003 GMT, corresponding to a European organized mourning and the time period 1200 to 1203 EDT (1600 to 1603 GMT) corresponding to the beginning of the Washington service and many organized mourning events in the Eastern US." Here is the resulting graph.

The "sensors" went off (quit being random) several hours before the images of the first plane hitting the building went on the airwaves. This is all speculation on my part, but it would stand to reason IF anything does happen Dec 21 2012, there is a good chance this project will detect it before it happens.

Several hours does not sound like much. I would imagine IF anything happens on that day, it will spread through collective consciousness much faster than on 9-11. The images would not be slowly introduced through the TV to the masses, the "images" would be seen by everyone in person. With something spreading so fast through the "system", who knows how early it could register.

The other question we should ask in my opinion is

If this study indeed proves a connection with everything through our shared consciousness, to what extent do "we" create reality together with our "thoughts" about it?

If you go to the site you can see the "eggs" and their relative location on the map.

Right click to zoom in/out.

noosphere.princeton.edu

Hopefully those that have never visited the site or knew about the project will discover something new.

edit on 18-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
How can you have any expectation from which to deviate when you are talking about a random system?

If you actually go on the website and look at the data they have for Sep 11 2001 it looks exactly the same as every other day.

edit on 18-11-2012 by Socrato because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

I think that the deviation from that chaotic norm, is some semblance of order.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

How can you have any expectation from which to deviate when you are talking about a random system? If you actually go on the website and look at the data they have for Sep 11 2001 it looks exactly the same as every other day.

Where do you think I got the graphs?

You are not grasping the concept.

The 9-11 graphs are shown over a SPECIFIC period of time on that day (as the events unfolded) NOT the whole day. A brief look at them and the words included above would make that obvious.

As mentioned in the OP

Did you even read anything on the site or try to comprehend the post?

It uses "random number generators" for a base reading. What is being discovered is when certain events happen that humanity collectively experiences, the "system" becomes less "random". This "order" is detected prior to the events.

Please actually read the paragraphs below.

We begin with a very brief overview of findings. They actually do need background and detail to be properly understood, but I am sympathetic to the desire to "get to the point." The rest of the GCP website will sharpen that point and put flesh on the interesting bottom line bones.

In the smallest nutshell: The behavior of our network of random sources is correlated with interconnected human consciousness on a global scale. There is a highly significant overall effect on the GCP instrument (more on that below) during special times we identify as "global events" which bring great numbers of people to share consciousness and emotions.

The probability that the effect could be just a chance fluctuation is less than 1 in a billion, an impressive bottom line statistic that is composed of small effects accumulated in more than 350 tests.

The correlation is subtle, so much so that individual event results are too weak to be reliably interpreted. Yet because we are able to combine results across many replications, we overcome a very small signal to noise ratio -- real effects gradually accumulate, while the unstructured noise is self-canceling.

Why do people want to jump in a thread and immediately try to prove something wrong without even looking at or trying to comprehend the information provided?

Does that make you feel "smart" or something bro?

I find it funny you saying "if you actually go to the website" when your question makes it obvious you failed to read the OP or the information on the actual site.

Another, possibly more profound and directly important finding is that the effects we see influenced by factors that are familiar from human psychology. For example, the effects are larger in proportion to the importance of the events we examine, and they are larger if the level of emotional involvement is high. We see stronger effects when events embody or evoke deep feelings of compassion, but smaller effects when the level of fear is high. That last point seems counterintuitive to many, but upon consideration, the relationships make sense and they bear strong implications for us. Compassion is an interpersonal, connecting emotion, while fear drives us toward personal survival; it separates us.

There are many details, but this outlines the major findings. The bottom line is that something associated with mass consciousness is changing the physical world -- our network of physical random number generators. We don't have full-fledged explanations yet, but the database accumulated over years is rich. It holds information that should lead to understanding, not only of the GCP effects, but to a richer, more comprehensive view of consciousness.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I read your entire post actually and did browse the website. I'm not going to deny that I don't grasp the concept very well. What does it mean in plain English?

Are they saying that when an event happens that catches the attention of mass consciousness RNGs all across the world somehow seem to show certain order rather than randomness?

I noticed they said something about the "deviation" starting minutes before the attack on 9/11. Is this suggesting that we humans somehow create the event?

Also, why RNG eggs? Was this just an arbitrary measurement device they chose? Why do they think consciousness would affect these RNGs in any way?

This kind of reminds me of the time wave zero thing, where if you zoom in really close it looks like huge changes are happening, but if you look at the whole graph it becomes clear the theory doesn't match up to reality.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

I apologize for being defensive. It is late

To put simply.. The "eggs" random number generators (we use these in many systems today) spit out bits of numbers. After doing it for so long they get a base "pattern" of randomness, a "random system".

They are finding as collective consciousness experiences something the "random system" isn't random anymore.
We can notice the change in the system before it happens too.

I added more in the above post.

Again sorry for being an ass.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I noticed they said something about the "deviation" starting minutes before the attack on 9/11. Is this suggesting that we humans somehow create the event?
reply to post by Socrato

That is the million dollar question I guess. Do we create reality with collective thoughts, or are we all passive observers?

Have you seen the experiments where people react to stimuli seconds before they are shown it? It is like that, just on a HUGE scale as opposed to an individual one.

but if you look at the whole graph it becomes clear the theory doesn't match up to reality.

The whole graph of the day is not what is significant. That is what your missing I think. It is a short amount of "time" as at events unfolded or came into collective awareness.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
How can you have any expectation from which to deviate when you are talking about a random system?

If you actually go on the website and look at the data they have for Sep 11 2001 it looks exactly the same as every other day.

Look at it like "scale" The RNG or "eggs" spit out TONS of data when looked at over the course of the WHOLE DAY it is scaled down

You are posting pictures of THE WHOLE DAY when what is important is THE MOMENTS or peak "events" of that day. That is where the significance is found

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It's fine that you got snappy no problem, I'm just trying to figure this out because it's interesting.

I see what they are saying now about a deviation on a smaller scale. It's not like the whole day goes way off the charts but more that an individual event can be linked to a deviation from the norm.

I have to wonder then, is there any single event in the world that you could not link to a deviation? The RNGs produce deviations all day long, from what I see. So it would seem like you could say for example my birthday:

Dec 30 2011 at 4:11 am (-0:00)

So you can see that right on my birthday there was a deviation lasting for about 20 minutes...

Not trying to be annoying, just trying to test this out.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

i think this ALONE proves your point OP

Very much so imho thanks

s+f

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

souds like a complicated way of saying someone is a member of the human race because they love their life to the death.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

I see what they are saying now about a deviation on a smaller scale. It's not like the whole day goes way off the charts but more that an individual event can be linked to a deviation from the norm.

Yea that is more what is showing. It mentions something about the individual events but I can't remember atm without going back and re reading them.

You are not annoying me. I am annoying me lol

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar

souds like a complicated way of saying someone is a member of the human race because they love their life to the death.

Could you elaborate a little further please? It is late and my brain is tired

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

So you can see that right on my birthday there was a deviation lasting for about 20 minutes...

You could be a time traveler brother. Messing up the time space continuum are we? Not cool, not cool

That 20 minutes is not really much of a deviation. It is the extent of the deviation, like what is seen on the events of 9-11.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

To put simply.. The "eggs" random number generators (we use these in many systems today) spit out bits of numbers. After doing it for so long they get a base "pattern" of randomness, a "random system".

Great thread friend, let me slightly elaborate on your explanation and help fill in the gaps for people who aren't quite getting this.

To be more specific, the RNG's generate 1's and 0's. So the average expected result is 50/50 of each number. When you get long strings of consecutive 1's or 0's, the probability can be said to deviate away from the norm.

It's important to note that these aren't typical RNG's, which aren't truly random. They are quantum RNG's based on truly random quantum events, such as particle decay and other exotic events.

Of course, you can pick out any events, and note deviations away from the norm, that's absolutely normal. What we are interested in is massive deviations away from the norm.

By combining the results of dozens of these RNG's all around the world, you get better clarity of the big picture because you now you've got a whole lot of numbers for any given moment.

Of course we can expect large and abnormal deviations to occur some of the time, however what we look at is deviations which correspond to huge events in the real world, such as 9/11.

The results witnessed on 9/11 were completely off the charts and corresponded to the events of 9/11. The odds were way beyond what we would expect from coincidence.

Even those results on a normal day would be off the charts and a cause for analysis. But to have such deviations exactly correspond with the events of 9/11, is very amazing to say the least.

If you tie this in with recent research which essentially proves beyond doubt that we can predict the future moments before it happens, you can see why these RNG's react before the event happens.

It all ties together in a very beautiful way. Global consciousness is very real... and that is why it's so utterly crucial to have large populations all believing certain things.

When we all believe the same thing we "cement" those beliefs into reality... and when we are all sad and angry we create a negative emotional "global atmosphere" which effects everyone on the planet.

Why do you think they constantly cause wars and show us the constant suffering and violence, pictures of us killing each other on a daily basis... moreover, mainstream news is just a pile of negativity.

It's just a matter of connecting the dots... I realized these things many years ago. Ever since then, the scientific evidence has only continued to mount in my favor. Together we decide what the world will be.

And this is exactly how we are all connected as one. We do form a global consciousness, a united entity where each individual unit is connected to all the others in a very subtle way.
edit on 18/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Thank you for explaining things much clearer than I did last night. I was going to get into the 1's and 0's but it was 5 in the morning and that was a rode i didn't want to go down right then

Here is an interesting angle to look at how we could collectively create "reality" in a random system.

If we are finding bits of computer code (1's and 0's) in the fabric of reality, how could we apply this knowing what the global consciousness project shows?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How do any of these results imply that something called global consciousness is at play here? It seems the only thing they have measured and documented are series of random data sequences.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
How do any of these results imply that something called global consciousness is at play here? It seems the only thing they have measured and documented are series of random data sequences.

From above

We begin with a very brief overview of findings.

They actually do need background and detail to be properly understood, but I am sympathetic to the desire to "get to the point." The rest of the GCP website will sharpen that point and put flesh on the interesting bottom line bones.

In the smallest nutshell:

The behavior of our network of random sources is correlated with interconnected human consciousness on a global scale. There is a highly significant overall effect on the GCP instrument (more on that below) during special times we identify as "global events" which bring great numbers of people to share consciousness and emotions.

The probability that the effect could be just a chance fluctuation is less than 1 in a billion, an impressive bottom line statistic that is composed of small effects accumulated in more than 350 tests.

If you find it interesting, checking the site may prove to be beneficial to fully understand the ramifications of the "message".

If you are not interested in the material then reading more would be pointless. Sorry to have wasted your time, I would hate to see you waste more by listening to my words.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I did look through the site and read a lot of it. I just don't see how they arrived at the conclusion that something called 'global consciousness' as a cause of these deviations. Were there no deviations on days where there was no significant events? I don't think they mentioned that. If there was, they may have to admit that 'global consciousness' isn't the cause, as a deviation on a day where there are no significant events directly refutes their assumptions.

Look at the plots on the daily tables on july 22nd 2001 vs the ones on september 11th. They almost look identical. Now how does one assume from these findings that consciousness is at all at play here?

edit on 18-11-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hi randomness fans

For those with a little more specefic questions, see the first line of my signature.

Dean Radin is one of the persons in "What the BLEEP! do we know?! ".
noosphere.princeton.edu...
noosphere.princeton.edu/dean/wtc0921.html

www.whatthebleep.com...
www.whatthebleep.com/guestbook/?p=110

Blue skies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join