It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Mother of.....What Is "Ingress"! Good bye i-Phone!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Dude....dude!

Google has just gone and changed the word again, big time! I't's going to tear down all the illusions of life and replace them with new ones!

And MMO RPG in real life! this definetly belongs on ATS.

This world around you is not what it seems. Our future is at stake, and you must choose a side. A mysterious energy has been unearthed by a team of scientists in Europe. The origin and purpose of this force is unknown, but some researchers believe it is influencing the way we think. We must control it or it will control us. "The Enlightened" seek to embrace the power that this energy may bestow upon us. "The Resistance" struggle to defend, and protect what's left of our humanity. Install Ingress and transform your world.

What do you guys n gals think?

The Rat.

MOD NOTE:

Please review Profanity and Censor Circumvention on the Rise
edit on 11/18/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It seems like simple geocaching and another test of the sheeple to see how easily they can be tracked and herded.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Looks like a great new game for X-Box ...

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TucoTheRat

Google is starting to bring out some awesome stuff these days!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TucoTheRat

I think I just wasted 1:47 of my life.
And if its an ad for something, its badly done because...
- I have no idea what it is that they are trying to sell to me
- I dont care
- Whatever it is, it wont have that cute blonde, nor the whizzy CGI stuff in real life. It'll probably be something lame.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

What is not now a days?

Same with itunes.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Well mmorpg's in real world via smarphones is not a new concept, there are actually quiet a few of those
This one does look kind of cool so I will check it out , thanks for the info

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Unless you can bring your X-box with you into the streets and look at "hidden things"...i'm not so sure.

The Rat.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think this game would be pretty fun

here is a link what the game is about link

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

I think I just wasted 1:47 of my life.
And if its an ad for something, its badly done because...
- I have no idea what it is that they are trying to sell to me
- I dont care
- Whatever it is, it wont have that cute blonde, nor the whizzy CGI stuff in real life. It'll probably be something lame.

From what i have read it's a game, you take your smart phone with you into the world and find things in the city or part of the world you live it. you can choose to be an enlightened one who tries to use what you find or a defendant and try to save humanity from the enlightened ones.

Supposedly every day you are being mind hacked by structural designs hidden in your mind and the game is a tool used to discover what's going on.

I can't wait to see a manson comment on this lol!

The Rat.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Google can kiss my Yahoo.

This item cannot be installed in your device's country.

pfft.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Awe that sucks.

Well it's still in beta i think, damn that means i can't get it either, maybe soon.

The Rat.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Awe that sucks.

Well it's still in beta i think, damn that means i can't get it either, maybe soon.

The Rat.

I'd be ok with it if it was my device that couldn't handle it.. but I'm tired of this country specific regulation when we're in a global arena. Ach google Y U STILL SUCK!!!!

I'm one of those people that doesn't fear the cyber-bogey man, so I'd have had a bit of fun if it'd worked here. obviously if the app wont even install then there's no implementation of it here, even in a beta stage.

and as I live at the arse end of the earth, even by Australian standards, I think I can safely be assured I'd suffocate should I hold my breath for any engagement at a local level here...

Now that's some funky copy protection. when things wont work in the real world because you're in the wrong country. lmao

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Yeah google does suck, they are actually a bit scary.

The company has grown so fast and so much, it damn near controls the internet, or rather how people use it.

I live in Mexico so I'm not even going to try to get this game, I don't even have an android phone lol.

But i play a lot of MMos and the way this game is set up and it's subject is just beyond awesome!

Just like EverQuest the game changes every thing.

But Google does suck for sure. lol.

The Rat.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

So what, exactly, is ingress supposed to be? That looks like a trailer for a new show or movie or something. If it's a product, I missed it. Any details, because I sure don't want to visit some evil takeover site to hunt them down.

Seriously, is it supposed to be an app, and if so, what's it supposed to do?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

pretentious mobile-app/game

allthingsd.com...

Wharrrr be the conspiracy matey?
edit on 18-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

So what, exactly, is ingress supposed to be? That looks like a trailer for a new show or movie or something. If it's a product, I missed it. Any details, because I sure don't want to visit some evil takeover site to hunt them down.

Seriously, is it supposed to be an app, and if so, what's it supposed to do?

Lol! Okay First! I want to thank the OP for sharing this because this is amazing.

To people who don't get it. There are games on the internet called MMORPG aka Massively Multiiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

This is that, but integrated with real life.

You ever hear about those kids dying from games sitting in front of their computers playing games for days on in with no food water and all of that? It's that kind of game, but on your phone.

Now, while I'm super excited about this development. This particular one, probably won't be super fun, BUT! I'm excited for future models and games like it that could actually develop into something more..

Another thing I find interesting is, that game is based around infrastructure in real life. So take the Empire State building. There could be some kind of code to "hack" there, or maybe a boss. However, there could be a conspiracy within the game. It feels that way, especially since the infrastructure is involved there could be a code related to real life events of the past of even events to come.. who knows?

Ingress.. the definition: A place or means of access; an entrance.

Tell me that doesn't sound like a conspiracy waiting to be found.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
excersize gps game looks ok but meh

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Most of your minds have been hacked for sometime now

I am my accomplishments
I am my skills and job
I am my salary
I am what i do
I vote my presidents into office
911 was orchestrated by 19 arabic high jackers and a guy named Osama Bin Ladin
Planes and fires collapsed the wtc towers
al Qaeda is coming to get us ..or is it al Qaida?
is it Usama or Osama
There are no conspiracies taking place on the planet
Capitalism and America are the most generous and greatest nation on the planet everyone should be like us.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Wharrrr be the conspiracy matey?
edit on 18-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

Tis in plain sight mate.

As always.

The Rat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join