It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we are the first advanced civilization?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by ExCloud
What if we are the first advanced civilization to exist in the universe?

What if we are the last advanced civilization to exist in the universe?

What if we are not an advanced civilization?

We define us as "advanced civilization" without the rights to do it, advanced respecting what? animals? there are thousands of animals with a better structural organization than our, we have houses, weapon, TVs, computer...is that the advantage? what if advanced civilizations don't have all that? What if they travel among universe only because they learned how to do it without technology and only with physic rules?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ooahn

Originally posted by prevenge

What if we are the last advanced civilization to exist in the universe?

What if we are not an advanced civilization?

We define us as "advanced civilization" without the rights to do it, advanced respecting what? animals? there are thousands of animals with a better structural organization than our, we have houses, weapon, TVs, computer...is that the advantage? what if advanced civilizations don't have all that? What if they travel among universe only because they learned how to do it without technology and only with physic rules?

agreed.

true advancement is really needed to be ....internally... behavioral and perceptive

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hello, my friend.

It all goes by what your understanding of "advanced" is?

Are we advanced for our 'present' time, considering how old our current planet is?..I would say, yes.

Are we advanced for our 'present' time considering how 'old' the universe is..I would say, definitely not.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
We're not. Nowhere close.

It's a neat concept. . .I've often wondered this as well. I have, however, come to the realization that, IMHO, we are at the bottom. . .and the animals around us are WAY more advanced than humans. In fact, there is so much to still learn from them, and we should strive to achieve those teachings. Sure we are supposed to be at the "top" of the food chain and all, but it's only because we developed technology that throws pieced of lead really fast. No, I think we are still in a sort of "dark age", and until we live as free without the "need" of technology, we're never going to be advanced at all, especially when we're still killing innocent people.

I agree completely. I personally think that we're a very barbaric race, that our technology is nothing compared to that of other civilizations, and that our technology is also nothing compared to the power of our mind, if only we would use it.

Actually, I know #2 and #3 to be facts.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Are we advanced for our 'present' time, considering how old our current planet is?..I would say, yes.

I disagree with that. Thousands of years ago there were far greater technologies and far more advanced civilizations on planet Earth, but alas we just can't seem to stop blowing ourselves up. Ours is not the first civilization on the planet, merely the most recent. Hopefully we can break the cycle of self destruction.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by ExCloud

We are not.
ARE NOT" ARE TOO" AAAAAAARE NOOOOT" AAAAAAARE TOOOOOO" Can we grow up please people?? All the Are nots" PLEASE provide some proof and evidence, show us where these other people are please waiting...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by orgone4444

I apologize, let me rephrase..

"Are we advanced for our 'present' time in the Earth's present cycle?..I would say, yes.

Looking at the space-time of Earth, we are deffinatley not "advanced".We maybe are advanced in that we use iPhones [if that is what you want to call advanced].

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

The Proof is in the Math.

There are Galaxies on the Very Edge of our Universe where every Star has either Become a Red Giant or Red Dwarf and looking through the Hubble Telescope we see Millions of these RED GALAXIES that are Billion of Years older than our own.

Since Life exists in our Universe and Intelligent Life at that...the Math dictates there is a 100% Probability that Intelligent Life exists elsewhere in our Universe. The Math also dictates that there is a 99.9999999999999% Probability that Intelligent Life Older than Man must exist in our Universe.

When we use a Larger Model such as the Multiverse the Probability for Older Races than Man that are Intelligent existing goes to 100%.

The reason for these High Probabilities is that since WE EXIST in the Natural Laws of our Universe and due to the VAST number of Planets that exist as has been determined by the Ratio of Discovered EXO-PLANETS as this ratio pertains to the number of Stars which have been targeted by Astronomers looking for Planets...it has become obvious that Planets around other Stars besides our Sun is the norm and thus there are a HUGE NUMBER of Planets in our Galaxy ALONE never mind Planets in our UNIVERSE or MULTIVERSE.

Since such a Huge Number of calculated Planets exist there is also calculated to exist a Huge Number of Earth Like Planets of which this number Dictates a 100% Probability that Life as well as Intelligent Life MUST EXIST.

Likewise the Huge Number of Older Galaxies dictates that MILLIONS of Intelligent E.T. Races much older than the Human Race either Are or Have existing or existed. Life is a Natural Byproduct of the Universe and Multiverse. Given enough time and the right conditions Life will evolve to be Intelligent.

When dealing in such VAST NUMBERS...if Intelligent Life exists on one Planet...Math Dictates that it must exist on another. This is very much the same as a person winning the Lottery. You or I as an individual have about as much chance of winning a Multi-State Lottery as Getting Hit by Lightning on a Sunny Day while in a Submarine! Still people win the Lottery just about every week or so. Thus even though it is a Very Low Probability that You or I would Win...it is a 100% Probability that someone WILL WIN just because of the Huge Number of People Playing.

The same with the Existence of Intelligent Life as well as Older than Humans Intelligent Races. Since there are Trillions of Stars and even more Planets...a single specific Star and it's Planets may have a Very Low Probability of having Intelligent Life existing on one of those Planets...but since there are so many Planets where conditions are right for Life...there is a 100% Probability that Intelligent Life Exists on at least one of them besides Earth. This is so because we KNOW we exist and do exist.

Very soon NASA will announce what I am certain is the Discovery of Life on Mars. If this is confirmed then it means that LIFE is much more prevalent in the Universe than we originally believed. It would also mean that LIFE is as much a part of Universal Existence as the Stars in all the Galaxies.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
that would not bode well for the future.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

It is remarkable how 'others' on this planet cannot 'put two and two together'; as they say.

edit on 28-11-2012 by GreeneLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

No, we're not. We're the last batch actually. We're not discovering. We are re-discovering.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This post got me to use a little math.

It has been said that there are over a hundred billion galaxies out there.
If we assume that each galaxy has a mere hundred million stars (which is a very small galaxy, less than a thousand of the milky way) we get a vast number that my excel sheet cant display but it can calculate with it anyways for further specifications.

I now assumed that rougly 30 % of the stars have one single planet, in reality astronomers believe that the majority of stars have planets or a planetary system.

In the next step i assumed that only 5% of the planets aren't gas giants like Jupiter. Even there it is likely that the percentage can be up to ten times higher. But I wanted to be as negative as i could to get to the result.

I further assumed that only 3% of the solid planets are big enough to contain an atmosphere. In reality there is only a small handful of known planets that are smaller than earth but again, I wanted to be really pessimistic.

Then i assumed that only on 1% of the planets there is H2O, what we believe to be the key to life. Also only 1% of the planets that contain water are in the "Goldylocks Zone", where water is liquid and not frozen or a hot steam.

At this point my Excel can still not display the entire number of planets left, so I go one step further and get a "readable" number for the first time: I assume that on only 1% of the solid planets with liquid water and an atmosphere which are in the "Goldylocks Zone" there evolved some kind of life. That is 4.5 BILLION planets under these criteria.

I then assumed that on 1% of those planets life will evolve into complex life forms such as animals (which we are) and then assumed that only 1% of those animals are further evolved/advanced than us.

In this very pessimistic scenario with numbers that any astronomer would probably correct up to 5 times as high, there are still 450000 (four hundred and fifty thousand) more advanced species than us in the universe.

Thus I find it absolutely laughable to think we are the first.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join