It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ron Paul controlled opposition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I thought this video was pretty interesting. When you think about it, the liberty movement seemed to have been hijacked by Ron Paul's camp, and led by Ron Paul. When the dust settles around RP....I have a feeling people are going to start putting the pieces together and realize we've all been had.

This guy points out a lot of things that I noticed. Does anybody know if the dates cited in this video is true. It seems like Ron Paul quit much earlier than what is being shown in the media.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The historical evidence is there to back up Ron Paul's credibility.

Say what you will about the man, he has stuck by his guns for twenty odd years.

Ron Paul in 1988...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I think TPTB made an attempt to control the tea party movement but there wasn't much
there to control. The whole OWS and tea party and libertarian movement never really had
a true leader.

Ron Paul was the figurehead for the movement but the movement itself was made up
mostly of Johhny-come-latelys and Ron Paul has been driving this bus for years.

His political view has only truly become popular since George Bush Jr. decided to
take a pair of scissors and cut paper dolls out of the Bill of Rights.

edit on 18-11-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I am glad the OP has addressed this issue and it does have some plausibility.

If it were not for the fact that Ron Paul has spoken the same message for more than 25 years then I would definitely be leaning this way. However, I find it more likely that Ron Paul's family was threatened and he found it more prudent to back down than put up a fight. His message and idea's will carry beyond the grave despite not running as a third party candidate.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ron Paul didn't get out of the race until after the GOP convention. The poor deluded souls that think it was earlier than that became the soft-minded prey of the MSM propaganda machine. Also, Paul said all along that he had no plans for a third-party run, though his wording left the possibility of doing so open-ended. By time of the convention there was a good Libertarian team in place and a full slate of third-parties the MSM was by that time pushing in order to dilute their viability. His only real shot at the WH was as the Republican candidate, though starting in Iowa there was foul play working against his run as it appears he actually won that state to begin with, and accurate reporting of that would have changed the whole complexion of the primaries.

Is the insinuation of this thread that Ron Paul deliberately sand-bagged his candidacy to further the GOP agenda to put Mitt in the top slot and/or bring about an end to any chance of having a viable liberty movement? Wow, hook, line, and sinker. Give those MSM folks a raise.

I believe the GOP is now having to do a bit of soul-searching, ostensibly to try to find if there is any soul among them. I believe if there was a lesson learned by the guiding powers it is that people are demanding a choice that promotes fiscal responsibility along with personal liberty and self-responsibility and not at the expense of imposing restrictive pseudo-moral imperatives under threat of punishment. In other words, people want the choice of electing an American society to operate without the added expense, burden, and restriction of the training-wheels.

edit on 18-11-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join