It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Unionized – Americans Screwed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Napolitano has been working for this and it looks like he finally got it. Now it will be even harder to discipline or fire the true terrorist at the airports.

SOURCE

On November 9, 2012 the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) issued a press release indicating that “Workers at the Transportation Security Administration made history today when they voted to ratify the first-ever collective bargaining agreement at the agency. The agreement between the American Federation of Government Employees and TSA was ratified with a vote of 17,326-1,774.” Read more: freedomoutpost.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I agree this is very troubling, but we are not screwed...

The Human power to RESIST is alive and well and will never be taken away.

This is all part of the plan, but those goons won't hold a candle to millions of mad Americans.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

maybe they will go on strike too

287th line

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Oh yes let's give up our rights for safety eh?

Didn't Franklin say something about that?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Oh yes let's give up our rights for safety eh?

Didn't Franklin say something about that?

I don't remember if it was Franklin but the quote is...

"those who will give up liberty for security don't deserve either."

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
They can Unionize all they want.

It won't protect them from criminal court. Where a good portion end up.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Eventually perhaps..... Have you checked into the process it takes to fire a Teacher or Cop? There is no point in even trying for the small stuff if someone is likely to fight it and probably why so much is allowed to slide. The process for firing a California teacher is just one example.

Source

I can hardly wait to see the new blue TSA. The same incompetent and power tripping idiots with a new found sense of confidence that they cannot be easily fired or held accountable and if someone doesn't like it, they'll have a Union card to hand 'em, I'll bet.
There goes all hope for effective Airport security when their base level of ability was bad to begin with.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I work for the Dept. of def. and we have a union , They are worthless ! And I am sure it will be the same for these clowns . Don't see how it effcts the average person at all . And you can still get fired , the union only makes sure everyone follows the proccess put in place for the job that they do . Carry on

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
Napolitano has been working for this and it looks like he finally got it. Now it will be even harder to discipline or fire the true terrorist at the airports.

SOURCE

On November 9, 2012 the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) issued a press release indicating that “Workers at the Transportation Security Administration made history today when they voted to ratify the first-ever collective bargaining agreement at the agency. The agreement between the American Federation of Government Employees and TSA was ratified with a vote of 17,326-1,774.” Read more: freedomoutpost.com...

This has nothing to do with Janet Napolitano. This has been in the works for eleven years. The TSA joining the union will not give the TSA any more muscle than they already had. How many TSA employees have been fired for groping before this agrrement was reached?

This union contract is eleven years in the making. AFGE was told from the start that there would never be a union at TSA, that there would never be a collective bargaining agreement. And AFGE’s response was always the same: These dedicated frontline employees deserve better,” Cox said. Through every battle, every testimony on the Hill, every meeting with management, every union event, every sleepless night, and every rally AFGE and these TSA officers never lost focus on making this contract a reality.”

www.afge.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

There were headlines indicating that Napolitano was pushing for it even though she wasn't involved from the beginning of the unionization movement.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Oh great!

Once they are unionized we will never get rid of the groping Nazi scumbags!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I was in fedgov for a decade - the only thing AFGE accomplished in my agency was to get smoking pavilions installed outside when indoor smoking was banned. All my senior management were smokers at the time - not really such a tough sell for the union but they had an opportunity to look like they were doing something.

ganjoa

top topics

join