It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of Mexico

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
He didn't list 40 different farming jobs, but I'm sure he appreciates you coming to his defense. He said jobs "no one will do". Now I hope you are also not implying that no legal resident of the US is employed in farming and fishing?

Some business owners will use the can't afford higher wages excuse to break the law and they should be shut down. But don't say that NO ONE will do that work. I grew up in Alaska and every summer high school and college students would make their yearly money working at the disgusting canaries. US students, legal, earning more than min wages, a lot more. And as for farming, I'm sure there are 1000's of American families that would argue that THEY will do the farming work in places like say Iowa.

Look I've heard every excuse, better life, feeding families, doing jobs no one will do, none of that excuses breaking laws. If you excuse that, then excuse every other broken law for the same reason; stealing food, robbery, identity thief. The costs are downing the US in debt, health care, education, insurance, prisons, enforcement, welfare, food stamps.

There is no justification of illegal employment when there is double digit unemployment.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

They're doing the jobs that Americans won't cause the employers are paying less than min wage. both side are forgeting a whole half of the argument. Sure an american might do a job for Min wage. But they WONT do anything for 3 bucks an hour.

You just made the point to stop illegals from coming into the country. They are being abused by low wages, if there were no illegals to work for those wages the employers would be forced to pay the legal wages. Thank you.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Carreau because: fix text

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

that depends on how desperate americans get. mexico can't be a prosperous nation by having people jump borders. if neither country has pride within itself, then how can them merging be a worthwhile effort? canada, the united states and mexico need to understand that in order to fix anything they need to be responsible about how they treat themselves before they treat other countries. signs that say "welcome to america" should say "america fuk, good luck" somehow i think el presidente Felipe de Jesus calderon Hinojosa would understand that america is a bad place to go find work since there are very little jobs, racist jews blacks whites asians hispanics etc. that prove you should look in another country for work or try to improve your own countries status. "oh dear me, the gangs, the cartels, the bandits, the lies upon lies, upon lies, america will be better" no i don't care where you go your problems will follow you unless you change yourself. i have american pride (the pride you feel for old people sure they're old they're not doing much now but they were a while ago and they were okay kind of corrupted now but i'll help them be a little less corrupt maybe?) maybe mexicans should try to turn the pride they have for america and turn it towards mexico their ancient culturally rich birthland and be proud of their home. they are leaving the ability to take care of themselves for mcdonalds marlboros, budweiser and blue jeans?
edit on 18-11-2012 by rockoperawriter because: # it

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by wantsome

Where the hell do you think everyone in America gets all it's supply from??????

Quit the drugs, stop the pain!

Well..anyone that likes decent Mary Jane does not want Or buy Mexican dirt weed.
Just adding those two pennies..

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

If you could snap your fingers and all illegals disappeared, your GDP would drop drastically.

UCLA research indicates immigrants produce $150 billion of economic activity equivalent to spending stimulus every year...Nearly every dollar earned by illegal immigrants is spent immediately, and the average wage for US citizens is $10.25/hour with an average of 34 hours per week. This means that approximately 8 million US jobs are dependent upon economic activity produced by illegal immigrant activities within the US.[26][27][28]

en.wikipedia.org... mmigrants_in_the_United_States

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

They're doing the jobs that Americans won't cause the employers are paying less than min wage. both side are forgeting a whole half of the argument. Sure an american might do a job for Min wage. But they WONT do anything for 3 bucks an hour.

You just made the point to stop illegals from coming into the country. They are being abused by low wages, if there were no illegals to work for those wages the employers would be forced to pay the legal wages. Thank you.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Carreau because: fix text

You got it totally backwards. If there's a demand for people to fill 3 dollar an hour jobs. The Mexicans will supply.
Would you rather take on say, 10,000 business's with illegal practices? Or should we try to shoot every one of the 250,000 immigrants crossing the border every year? You're not being resonable.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

He didn't list 40 different farming jobs, but I'm sure he appreciates you coming to his defense. He said jobs "no one will do". Now I hope you are also not implying that no legal resident of the US is employed in farming and fishing?

Some business owners will use the can't afford higher wages excuse to break the law and they should be shut down. But don't say that NO ONE will do that work. I grew up in Alaska and every summer high school and college students would make their yearly money working at the disgusting canaries. US students, legal, earning more than min wages, a lot more. And as for farming, I'm sure there are 1000's of American families that would argue that THEY will do the farming work in places like say Iowa.

Look I've heard every excuse, better life, feeding families, doing jobs no one will do, none of that excuses breaking laws. If you excuse that, then excuse every other broken law for the same reason; stealing food, robbery, identity thief. The costs are downing the US in debt, health care, education, insurance, prisons, enforcement, welfare, food stamps.

There is no justification of illegal employment when there is double digit unemployment.

That is one of the biggest lies today. The illegals are not eligible for welfare. Haven't been for almost twenty years. Nor are they eligible for health care. I'm very well informed on this matter and know this firsthand but if you want to find out for yourself. check the DHS website.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The fact that you would link what illegals spend in the US but not link what they cost the US shows me all I need to know about your position. Why not link the amount of money that is sent back to Mexico to the families, money that leaves the US economy never to return. No because that doesn't fit your paradigm.

There is no point continuing a conversation with you. You have ignored every point I've made. You refused to answer questions, stalled in your responses, and over all proven to be denying of the facts. The fact that you live in Canada and not the US, let alone the southern border tells me you have no concept of daily life with this problem. Nor do you even have a stake in the fight.

If you go back and read my posts throughout this thread and actually address the points I made I'll respond back, otherwise I'm done.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I am a former employee of DHS and yes they are able to receive welfare in AZ. They receive state assistance, wic, food stamps. In fact there are Mexican consulate offices in Tucson to help Mexican citizens receive these benefits. Every ER in the country must take a patient regardless of citizenship, therefore they receive health care.

Since you are so well versed in the AZ situation you would know this, so why perpetuate a lie?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You got it totally backwards. If there's a demand for people to fill 3 dollar an hour jobs. The Mexicans will supply. Would you rather take on say, 10,000 business's with illegal practices? Or should we try to shoot every one of the 250,000 immigrants crossing the border every year? You're not being resonable.

There is no demand for $3 hour jobs, business pay that wage BECAUSE there are illegals. If there were no illegals, no $3 jobs. I refer you back to my original post in this thread where I addressed what needed to be done at the border. Do you think illegals risks their lives to come here and CHOOSE to work for $3 an hour? No they are preyed upon by cruel employers who know they can take advantage of them. The employers should be jailed and shut down.

I in all my posts never advocated the shooting of anyone, I resent you insinuating it and I expect an apology.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I am a former employee of DHS and yes they are able to receive welfare in AZ. They receive state assistance, wic, food stamps. In fact there are Mexican consulate offices in Tucson to help Mexican citizens receive these benefits. Every ER in the country must take a patient regardless of citizenship, therefore they receive health care.

Since you are so well versed in the AZ situation you would know this, so why perpetuate a lie?

No, they don't receive federal benefits. Nor federal healthcare. It's not true and I don't believe you. Cause if you worked for them you'd know. However, if anyone walks into a hospital and gets cared for so be it. That's not healthcare.. And state assitance? Well, sounds like a state problem. But no, absolutely they do not receive ANY federal benefits without a social. Anyone with a alien worker ID number is NOT eligible if that ID number is expired. Your refering to legal temporary ID numbers of people who aren't citizens. Yes they receive benefits should they need it and rightfully so. Because they pay taxes.. Ohh and that's another thing..
illegals that came in legally and stayed after expiration are able to continue work and NOT be eligible for federal aid and they STILL pay income tax. And are eligible for nothing.. But I suppose I don't know what i'm talking about their either... You sir are perpetuating the lie.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

However, if anyone walks into a hospital and gets cared for so be it. That's not healthcare.

Getting treated in an ER in a hospital is not healthcare? With that statement and no apology for that disgusting comment about shooting, I'm done with you.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You got it totally backwards. If there's a demand for people to fill 3 dollar an hour jobs. The Mexicans will supply. Would you rather take on say, 10,000 business's with illegal practices? Or should we try to shoot every one of the 250,000 immigrants crossing the border every year? You're not being resonable.

There is no demand for $3 hour jobs, business pay that wage BECAUSE there are illegals. If there were no illegals, no $3 jobs. I refer you back to my original post in this thread where I addressed what needed to be done at the border. Do you think illegals risks their lives to come here and CHOOSE to work for $3 an hour? No they are preyed upon by cruel employers who know they can take advantage of them. The employers should be jailed and shut down.

I in all my posts never advocated the shooting of anyone, I resent you insinuating it and I expect an apology.

There is a demand for 3 dollar an hour jobs and Mexicans DO cross the border for them! Cause it's still a world better than 10 dollars a month in Mexico! You are incorrect. Mexicans do not illegally cross the border in search of a better life and get STUCK in a 3 dollar an hour job. Please.. Supply and demand is the law of the land. If you can't see that then there's no explaining anything too you.

The reference about shooting illegals is in reference to others peoples posts that hold the same opinion as you do. And it also is in reference to your simple stance on how easily we can fix a problem if we just stoped illegals from coming over. Like It's THAT easy. It's an ignorant solution. However, if you took offense as though I meant you'd shoot people for crossing the border. I apoligize. That was not my intent.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

However, if anyone walks into a hospital and gets cared for so be it. That's not healthcare.

Getting treated in an ER in a hospital is not healthcare? With that statement and no apology for that disgusting comment about shooting, I'm done with you.

It's not federal healthcare benefits! Which is what you were refering to when you lump foodstamp healthcare and welfare all into one pile!

People with no insurance are treated in an ER. Should they be kicked to the curb too? Your stance is we should let them die if they're sick or injured and then you take offense at a comment about shooting? Lol. I think i'm done with you...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

The fact that you would link what illegals spend in the US but not link what they cost the US shows me all I need to know about your position. Why not link the amount of money that is sent back to Mexico to the families, money that leaves the US economy never to return.

I think my link didn't work because you didn't read this either

Most arguments against illegal immigration begin with the premise that the illegal don't pay income taxes, and that they therefore take more in services than they contribute. However, IRS estimates that about 6 million unauthorized immigrants file individual income tax returns each year.[29] Research reviewed by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office indicates that between 50 percent and 75 percent of unauthorized immigrants pay federal, state, and local taxes.[29] Illegal immigrants are estimated to pay in about $7 billion per year into Social Security.[30] Most illegal immigrants pay sales, federal and state income taxes. In addition they also spend millions per year which support US and helps create new jobs. The Texas State Comptroller report in 2006 that the 1.4 million illegal immigrants in Texas alone added almost $18 billion to the state's budget, and paid $1.2 billion in state services they used

Link

And your worried about a little money being sent home to families?

There is no point continuing a conversation with you. You have ignored every point I've made. You refused to answer questions, stalled in your responses, and over all proven to be denying of the facts.

A bit over-dramatic don't you think? I didn't give you my friend's business info because frankly, that's none of your concern.

The fact that you live in Canada and not the US, let alone the southern border tells me you have no concept of daily life with this problem. Nor do you even have a stake in the fight.

So that means I can't have an opinion? You sir, don't have a proper perspective on the issue. I've pointed out multiple inconsistencies in your reasoning. Including a real-life situation which you arrogantly dismiss. I'm done with you as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Could you please list these mystery "jobs that no one else wants"? With double digit unemployment in some parts of the country and unemployment benefits expiring I find it very hard to imagine jobs "NO ONE ELSE WANTS" . Mindless repeating of cliche catch-phrases does not enhance the conversation.

I like what you said. I've been working as a roofer this year and it is stupid hard on your body, I think I would really rather pick fruit or lettuce all day. Those types of jobs aren't available here, though.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I am sorry but our problem isnt with Mexico, its with poverty. Mexico is a fascinating and ancient country, it has a history that goes back thousands of years, and their history is intimately intertwined with ours (the US). Most Mexicans love the United States and don't have any animosity towards us. I don't understand where all the hostility comes from towards Mexicans. They are our closest neighbors, and at least, unlike Canada, they gave us some decent food.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Any illegal with a stolen ID or fraudulent papers can collect welfare in States that don't otherwise allow it. I worked with women who lied saying they were a one income household which they wern't. They worked and their significant others worked under the table. They were above poverty level and recieving benefits through deciet.

And what about all the cases where illegals were claiming kids like neices and nephews that wern't even living in the country so they could get extra money? One person claimed 18 I believe. Every single illegal I ever knew through the years sent a lot of money back home to their own countries, so don't think we'll fall apart if there are no more illegals here. They cost us billions in free schooling for their children, welfare etc.

In any case, we have proper channels to go through and if you don't, you're breaking the law. If I broke a law I would be fined or go to jail. Illegals shouldn't be above the law! It is a slap in the face to every immigrant who is coming here the right way and with respect.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
And what about all the foreigners trying to get here legally? What an injustice to them! They won’t deport the illegals from Mexico, but WILL deport everyone else! So sad…

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This thread is full of right wing talking points and ignorance.

The usual when it comes to these types of threads on ATS.

The feds are not doing anything about the illegal immigration problem because it benefits the Capitalistic society we're living in, the most expensive area that a company has is always usually payroll. So someone that is willing to get paid 9 dollars an hour for a job that would usually pay 13 or 14 an hour, they will usually get hired over the other person demanding the higher wage 9 times out of 10.

To blame the people that are being lured here by the companies is like treating the symptoms instead of treating the disease.

OP, your plan is already being carried out by the minutemen yet it does not seem to be working very well.

It also gives the Conservative Republicans a real nice 'problem" that they can use to rile up their extremist fringe

edit on 11/18/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join