It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 amazing facts about the dead sea scrolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Well i was just wondering what do u know about that discover made next to the dead sea, about the discovery at Qumran.

www.centuryone.com...

Do u really think they could have find such documents at that time?
This whole thing stinks... How come now? with all these years of religions, why find those scrolls now??

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It seems logical that they would have been hidden...and they were tested and seem to be authentic. The only seeming "revelation" is how it seems to represent a link between early Judaism, and early Christianity...a link which was already known....

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yes, those facts are correct. I remember hearing of the discovery of the scrolls (not all of them at once), remember hearing about the authentication arguments, and have seen reports that match what the article claims.

Yes, it's true and correct. And yes, the King James Bible has a lot of stuff censored out of it and yes, while many people embraced (at first) the material on the scrolls, the hard-core Christians refused to accept that the material could add anything to their knowledge.

And yes, the basic books of the Old Testament did vary and were edited by the Jews themselves.

One of the suppressed extra-biblical books has stories of the childhood of Jesus that date (verifiably) to the 1st century AD.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well there really are only 2 facts.

One, yes the scrolls are legitimate.

And two, anyone who claims they have a CLUE as to what they mean is lying.

The only people who have ever gotten to read the scrolls in any thing more then a glimps, if even that, are very high scholars and very high Jews.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
LoL you just think you got the answer to anything.

Which is even more funny that you pulled it off of all things "the internet".

Please find me the untranslated hardcopies. And then read them.

I don't doubt maybe they tote some around in a glass case full of nitrogen or such, but good luck at taking pictures or being able to be allowed to translate them yourself.

Remember, the Reformation began because Martin Luther Translated the REAL scriptures of the bible to German, and the Germans learned they had all been lied to.

Do you think this is any different?

The Ancient Library of Qumran and Modern Scholarship brings before the American people a selection from the scrolls which have been the subject of intense public interest.

"The Media's strength lay not in telling you what to think, but telling you what to think about."

[Edited on 3-5-2003 by HKoT]

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
excuse me? I just posted a link what the hell is up your butt this evening?

it's library of congress... www.loc.gov

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If you want a real challenge, try finding the entire works of Josephus and his Chronicles. A compendium of history copied down from Herod's library of whom Josephus was the librarian, in the years of about 20AD or such. The entire chronicle is thought to be sut away in Caimbridge.

Maybe if you knew how to write you'd see the "aggression" in your post.

A simple "Link" and nothing else denotes a "Yawn, you're wrong" attitude.

If you wanted to simply provide information a "Here's some links to some of the Dead Sea Scrolls" would have been polite to keep from causing confusion.

[Edited on 3-5-2003 by HKoT]

top topics

join