It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad News for Central Valley California

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The concept of personal restraint, following the Law in the Bible, is the original idea behind personal responsibily. It's been discarded from the highest levels in our society to the lowest but, most tragically, its strogest bastion which was the middle classes has been destroyed almost entirely.

I know I'm a pessimist and ebrace this outlook almost entirely. I honestly don't know what would change this view other than seeing both political parties falling into complete freefall due to a huge majority of the U.S. population starving them to death by refusing to fund them any more. They promote the idea of dependency, both of them, and kill the life found in what was once a truly organic economy. No economy can be commanded into exitstance - the U.S.S.R.'s demise proved that but a majority of those that actually voted a few weeks ago believe they can "suck start" an economy by voting themselves tons of goodies from the public coffers. A union just killed off the Twinkies and Ding-Dongs on your grocery shelves along with 18,500 jobs because they wouldn't bow to economic truth - even at the behest of other unions. Teachers' Union have done this with our education system that produces highschool graduates that can't find Australia on a map let alone balance a check book. I know - I worked in the educational system for 16 years before I bugged out of it.

But with all this talk about the homeless I've been seriously wondering IF all the stories of the FEMA camps across the nation are true - and I think they demonstrerably are - why are we not using them for people like the homelss and those that have lost everything due to being laid off? What are they saving them for?
edit on 19-11-2012 by Ollie769 because: Just thunk another thot

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well yea, if you live in Modesto or Stockton you might see this alot. Those are some of the poorest areas in California. As bad as this sucks to see our fellow man living like this, this is not specific just to our time period. People have been homeless in poor areas for quite some time. These areas in California are havens for drug users...many of whom are escaping cities in other areas of the country looking for a 'friendly' place like Cali where drugs are wildly easy to obtain. Modesto is a hotbed for this activity due to it's poor economy.

I guess what I am saying is, don't sound the doomsday alarm because you found a tweaker in Modesto or a homeless guy in Stockton. That's about as unique as finding gumbo in Baton Rouge. I am confident that wouldn't be terribly hard to do. However, if this type of behavior was happening in Orange County or Mailbu, then THAT would be unusual.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I love graffiti! I'm sorry you don't.

There's even more under the bridges. Come for a stroll by east Compton and meet the bridge residents sometime

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Homeless probem...pffffttt! I have you all beat. I live in Santa Monica!

"Change? Change? Does anybody have some change? (from southpark)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I'm sure they're delightfully intriguing, since I live in a poverty ridden area I'm sure we'd have plenty to talk about.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm in Pennsylvania but I have a few comments and observations about the poor.
One, I live near what is called one of the poorest cities in the country. Its not that bad, many play the system just to get benefits. Single moms get assistance, but their guys are around and many of them work so they do okay.
They had a free meal for the hungry at a local restaurant. Not many looked like they've missed a meal. Many were kind of big.
I haven't seen hitchhikers or obviously homeless people. I think the safety nets are working. Although I do hear thta food pantries are stretched to their limit but society today is all about getting whatever you can for free. I'm not sure all the people getitng help are desperate.
When foodstamps are given out, the people seem to buy a lot of groceries. Again, the safety nets are working it seems.
Crime is up, shoplifting, Stealing food. I work retail so I know this first hand.
I think it will get bad when its finally decided that we can't keep this up.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I knew things had gotten bad in the states but I still have a hard time getting the full grasp of it. I left the USA about six years ago and from all the videos, reports, forums and people just talking it appears things have not gotten any better despite what the talking heads in the media are saying.

People are still struggling to find enough work to support themselves, hardcore drug use has not slowed down, people are still losing their homes daily and the society is still slipping into social breakdown.

America has got to do something to at least stop the bleeding on the home front. At a time when more people than ever are in need of social services, there are cries by many for huge cuts to vital social programs. People need a warm safe place to sleep, food in their belly, basic healthcare and a little love.

Americans are going to have to soften up a bit and pull together or things are not going to get better. I know people wanna be hardcore and stick to the idea of being tough and letting everyone fend for themselves but that is clearly not working. Such a mindset is driving people crazy.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Irony???

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

I absolutely agree... however, I have read a few of the comments on this thread with awe and horror! It occurs to me that one must be on the outside looking in at America before the truth hits.. They have strived so hard for their 'Things' that PEOPLE are mere dross...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

I absolutely agree... however, I have read a few of the comments on this thread with awe and horror! It occurs to me that one must be on the outside looking in at America before the truth hits.. They have strived so hard for their 'Things' that PEOPLE are mere dross...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by juliebeth

Going to babelfish,

looking for the Irish to English converter...

Dross, dross....

Drones?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have noticed a steady rise in homeless in Florida over the last 5 years or so.

This is Florida so it makes sense because of the climate, but most of them are from up north. They hitch a ride and at least stay warm here. Some of them use crack and swim in the lakes at night becoming snacks for gators. Most live near I 75 or I 95 overpasses.

I know a few and help them out when I can. They all have about the same story having lost their job and family.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
When was Stockton not a sh*thole? Its been that way for ages.

That said, I live in an upper middle class neighborhood and its still as nice as it was 5 years ago...and gas prices are dropping....and there are plenty of jobs for qualified individuals who actually went to school and took education seriously.

Stop fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaptownBrown
Well yea, if you live in Modesto or Stockton you might see this alot. Those are some of the poorest areas in California. As bad as this sucks to see our fellow man living like this, this is not specific just to our time period. People have been homeless in poor areas for quite some time. These areas in California are havens for drug users...many of whom are escaping cities in other areas of the country looking for a 'friendly' place like Cali where drugs are wildly easy to obtain. Modesto is a hotbed for this activity due to it's poor economy.

I guess what I am saying is, don't sound the doomsday alarm because you found a tweaker in Modesto or a homeless guy in Stockton. That's about as unique as finding gumbo in Baton Rouge. I am confident that wouldn't be terribly hard to do. However, if this type of behavior was happening in Orange County or Mailbu, then THAT would be unusual.

Quoted for truth.

Stop being melodramatic people. People who prepared for a viable career will survive....people who slacked and decided to drift through high school and not go to college will be the collateral damage. No biggie. Adapt or die.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by Daughter2

Not if I have anything to say about it .... Agenda 21 has several anti-american steps contained within it, most are so foreign they will be immediately rejected as communist scum bag orders -- I tasked one of the smartest people I know to analysis Agenda 21 and develop a counter measure I call Agenda 69.
when he finishes his work - I will post it here under the same name.
edit on 18-11-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

I would love to see that. Thanks for mentioning, and I am looking forward to when you post the findings.

Theres a recent article on Glenn Beck about agenda 21.

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ollie769 What are they saving them for?
edit on 19-11-2012 by Ollie769 because: Just thunk another thot

in the show "Jericho" that illustrates a nuclear attack on the US... there are "refugee camps" that become ghettos and the prisoners riot and overtake the authorities...

that could be one scenario...

but then again there's always ....

....the zombie apocalypse

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Wait, didn't you see the djgrooveline video of a man scavenging from a dumpster? It was CREEPY! I still can't believe my eyes! He caught the guy on tape! Also, what about the guy taking a piss! HE SAW THIS. And the mustache is not fake.

So subscribe to his worldview before it's TOO LATE!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It appears Riverside has a major problem with homeless as well.. I think Riverside is like east of LA... I could be wrong... anyway G4T confronts a couple...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Good video that guy handled it well. Maybe he should put up some no camping signs etc. might help keep some out. When the law breaks down things will escalate and he might have to do more then nicely ask folks to leave.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join