It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much "venom" towards people who believe in religion?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by watchitburn

What, do you suppose, is the mathematical chance of "god" being an alien?

edit on 17-11-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

Probably 100% lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by watchitburn

What, do you suppose, is the mathematical chance of "god" being an alien?

edit on 17-11-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

100%

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blahable
Hello Everyone! This is my first "serious discussion" type of topic.

First of all, I think it would be fair to admit that I am a Christian, I believe in God/Jesus.
I also believe in Aliens. The two subjects do not intersect in my world.
Meaning I do not believe Aliens, are angels, demons, god or any other religious entity. They are two separate discussions.
I think it's pretty obvious we are not alone in universe.

Ok to the point of why I am making this topic.
I see a lot of venom coming from those who believe in Aliens and describe themselves as atheist. It seems the pattern is if a person has any sort of skeptical view on anything in the field of ufology, you are determined by others as a religious nutjob/fanatic.. blah blah..

I have yet to see many who say, that the reason that they don't believe in aliens is because of their religion. Few (that I know of ) actually call aliens, "demons." Those few obviously don't speak for everyone who has a religion.

In my opinion the two subjects are both based on FAITH and BELIEF.
Both are basically supported by Books, and TV Shows.

- The Bible, Religous text.
-Claims of religous contact. Miracles, Visions, Going to Heaven/Hell after a near death experience, sightings etc.
- Some things that people who have interpreted in from ancient times

- The multiple books of ufology
- Claims of Alien Contact, Alien Abduction involving sexual, healing illness, UFO Sightings, visions of the future etc.
--Something interesting that I have noticed, some of those who have claimed to have contact with aliens have said alien have a religion.

--same with TV Shows.
-- Some things that people who have interpreted in from ancient times

One can say both have extremely limited proof.
Some say they believe in creatures with amazing powers and technology who can communicate telepathically, can turn invisible, can abduct people out of their beds through their walls all without anyone noticing. Some believe aliens created man.

Some say they believe in God and angels, with amazing powers, who created man (if not everything). who can perform miracles, (maybe do much of the same things that aliens can do).

Now to someone who is a outsider to both topics. (UFOLOGY and Religion) they probably would say ..."What a load BULL. These people are nuts."

It comes down to WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE (OR WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW). It seems that some believe that a person must believe in one or the other.

Personally if aliens ever did make contact I seriously doubt they would care what religion we are.
Either they will be here to kill us, or help us.

Not directed at anyone specific. Just a observation I have made throughout my years on the net.
Just a opinion.

Here is the biggest point I want to make about all of this; If the source we all came from is the same....didn't the same source create "aliens"? They are called alien much the same reason they are called UFO, our arrogance. We live on a very tiny planet...what makes anyone think they can follow a religion and get to the truth? What difference does any of it make, none of it is based on fact. Faith? That is something we throw around to justify or rationalize our obsessions about anything....you have to have faith? No you don't...you have to understand the truth....and some just don't get it so I will make it clear....It does not matter what religion you practice (man-made bull) or whether you call something an alien....we all are part of the same life force/ energy and the hatred any of us have towards another for having different beliefs is basically hatred we have towards our self that we project outwardly. Learn to love yourself and love others. Opinions...they are all subjective and come from a place called free will. All are entitled.

Take care and much love to all!!

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by Blahable

Well

Based on the size of the universe, and what we know of it so far. It would be absurd to think we are the only form of intelligent life that exists. It pretty much comes down to math and odds. Which requires no type of belief system.

On the other hand, there is no reproducible, verifiable evidence of a god.

And as has been stated, scientist don't go around committing genocide to force their facts on people.

Oppenheimer come to mind?? He even quoted an Ancient Indian quote, We are become destroyer of worlds.
Vaccinations too. And I use to make them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join