It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the 13th baktun – From Maya to Aztec, From Norse to Star Wars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

Lintel 2 of Tikal Temple 4 records a "star war" attack in 744 against Wak Kab'nal, which was probably the capital of the Naranjo kingdom since it is referred to as the city of Naranjo's patron deity, the "Square-nosed Beastie";

Luke: "Wak Kab'nal, I wonder if he means old Ben Kab'nal."
C-3PO: "I beg your pardon, sir. But do you know what he's talking about?"
Luke: "Well, I don't know anyone named Wak Kab'nal, but old Ben lives out beyond the Dune sea. He's kind of a strange old hermit."

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I take this statement back!

This is another piece of evidence that shows Lucas was drawing from material beyond his own imagination.

The death star design was original to Lucas. The end of the wikipedia article on Mimas says this interesting bit.

When seen from certain angles, Mimas resembles the Death Star, a fictional space station known from the film Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, which is said to be roughly 140 kilometres in diameter. This resemblance stems from the fact that Herschel can appear in Mimas's northern hemisphere, much like the concave disc of the Death Star's "superlaser". This is purely coincidental, as the first film was made nearly three years before the first close-up photographs of Mimas were taken.

Mimas

Lucas was in the know before the Pioneer 11 spacecraft reached Saturn in September 1979. Maybe he's right about 2012 after all. I wonder if he has a giant bunker under Skywalker ranch?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
Im glad you posted this, which IS WHAT THE 2012 DATE IS ABOUT. most people still think its some solar flare LOL

Uh, yeah. There is a reason the Mayans chose this date, and it has to do with alignments of celestial bodies. They didn't just randomly pick a date in the future and say OH WELL I GUESS THIS IS THE END.

And with celestial alignments come celestial upheavals, like solar flares and other things.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by lostinspace

Lintel 2 of Tikal Temple 4 records a "star war" attack in 744 against Wak Kab'nal, which was probably the capital of the Naranjo kingdom since it is referred to as the city of Naranjo's patron deity, the "Square-nosed Beastie";

Luke: "Wak Kab'nal, I wonder if he means old Ben Kab'nal."
C-3PO: "I beg your pardon, sir. But do you know what he's talking about?"
Luke: "Well, I don't know anyone named Wak Kab'nal, but old Ben lives out beyond the Dune sea. He's kind of a strange old hermit."

Nice. Thanks for making that funny connection.

Did anyone see this campaign bumper sticker recently?

Obi-Wan Kenobi 2012 Campaign sticker

<< 1   >>

join