It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonardo Da Vinci Doco'. Heads up for Oz/N.Z. members.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sunday 24 October,
Leonardo Da Vinci
The Man Who Wanted To Know Everything
7.30pm - 8.25pm | ABC
(melb' time)

Sounds great

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Groupies, and Fans of People Who Notice Things They Don't Teach You in High School.....

I'm jusst a teeeeenzy but curious if this "DOCUDRAMA" will spend any time at all talking (or even mentioning details !) about what happened to our own pretty boy-genius Leonardo the night of April 9th 1476.....when he was 23 (almost 24)...hmmmmmmmm....

He was apparently arrested in the dead of night shortly after charges were brought against him (along with 3 others, thankfully one of them was related to the Medicis, Sr. Leonardo Tuonabuoni) by the Special Florentine "Officers of the Night" (fun job !!!) Police for SODOMY with the very beautiful MINOR Jacopo Saltarelli, a 17 year old curly blonde painter's model and male prostitute---
all this when Leonardo "the painter and son of Piero da Vinci a notary" was still "living at the house of Verocchio the sculptor"....(yes Verocchio was gay too..but I digress..)

Apparently our naughty little Leonardo (and the other three young artists and craftsmen) were seen in "compromising circumstances" with this pretty-boy...and an ANONYMOUS accusation of "sodogmia" was dropped that night in the TAMBURO (wooden drum with a slot at the top) in front of the Palazzio Vechhio di Firenze...

And no, his family wouldn't visit him in gaol for the 60 days they held him (30 days, then another anonymous drop of a note, then 30 more days in the klink..)

His step mother refused to eat when she heard of the scandal and is said to have died within a month of the arrest.

Finally an uncle came to his rescue...and the Medici supplied Avvogado of the "other Leonardo" Tuornabuoni must have helped his case as well...

Only one cryptic reference in the Codex Atlanticus written a few decades later about his sodomy trial (charges were dropped on July 9th 1476, with a warning: one more time, and you'll go to court!)

WHEN I WAS PREPARING THE PAINTING OF OUR LORD WHEN HE
WAS A BABY, I WAS THROWN INTO PRISON...I SHUDDER TO IMAGINE
WHERE YOU WOULD TAKE ME IF I WERE TO PAINT OUR LORD AS AN ADULT...!"

They'll probably not even mention where Leonardo spent his 24th birth-day....

We'll just have to wait and see, won't we ??!!

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Amadeus]

join