It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT team fires semi-automatic weapons at unarmed teenage girl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What the heck is the matter with this bunch? Entering a house brandishing assault rifles, shooting up the place because someone believed they saw a gun. When in fact there weren't any at all. Then leave without even saying why your there to begin with. Ridiculous, welcome to the ever growing police state.

Source

Members of a SWAT team opened fire on an unarmed teenage girl this week when police officers outside of Washington, DC attempted to serve an early morning search warrant.

Myasia Hughley, 18, is recovering from flesh wounds following Thursday morning’s events in District Heights, Maryland. She was asleep in her bedroom at her family house when 15 FBI SWAT agents stormed the house with guns drawn.

“I’m shouting ‘Nobody is armed, nobody has a gun!’ and then all of a sudden I heard ‘She’s got a gun!’ and they just opened fire,” Emory Hughley, Myasia’s father, tells local station WJLA News.

edit on 17-11-2012 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Why would they shout "She's got a gun"?

Is this for some wannabe Rambo to get a chance to scratch an itchy trigger finger? Because if she truly had a gun, she wouldn't be around to sue their asses.

Someone isn't telling the truth here and I have a feeling it's SWAT.

Peace
edit on 17-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Very lucky nobody was murdered.

This kind of stuff has been out of hand for quite some time, of course there will be no punishment, just more of'

KNOW YOUR PLACE PEASANT!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sounds like a case out of the secret FISA courts on National Security grounds to me.....and a dandy example of how far beyond the mere outlines of Constitutional Law daily events have gone. Wow...It used to be really neat. They actually had to show cause when you asked why the 4th amendment had been waived. It used to require a search warrant which wasn't secret or even classified from the people themselves.

Golly.. I sure hope they had a good reason. It's not as though they're under any obligation of any kind to actually explain themselves.

Just remember, if everyone hears that Rabbit season was declared and the bunny got perforated one quiet Missouri morning....I'd never fight unwinnable odds. Whatever gets said didn't happen that way.

You know what scares me? Just a few years ago, saying this would have been a good reason to laugh or even look real hard at someone's mental stability for saying. Now? It may just be prescient.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

The police state we are presently experiencing in America is a sure sign of what lies ahead. The United States of America has been rapidly devolving toward dictatorship since the presidency of Theodore Roosevelt. The elemental principles of totalitarianism have actually been in place since the inception of this democratic republic. We have since degenerated from some really quite vague notion of democracy that certainly hasn't resembled anything like a Republic for about two hundred years. Americans recently sealed their fate by having hammered the 'final nail' by their choice of a Marxist dictatorship with a voracious appetite for imperial power.

So as America ravages the entire world what makes anyone here think for a moment that its inhabitants will be spared the terrible effects of leftist totalitarianism - just because you're Americans who happen to live within the boundaries of the United States? When in reality, as inhabitants of this dictatorial regime such as you are now a party to - by your own doing - the citizenry of this nation will be the first to be subjected to the ominous power of the state and all of its ill effects.

You do understand that you are no longer entitled to the benefits of freedom as American citizens under the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights - don't you? You see, dictatorships such as the one you now live under do NOT have citizens - they have denizens as in Animal Farms !!!

The question to ask yourselves now is - how much of this is of your own doing? If you are a leftist Marxist liberal, then I suspect that very much of what is happening is now upon your shoulders.

You now must face up to the reality of the choice you have made - you live under a Marxist dictatorship and the Liberal Inquisition is just around the corner.

edit on 17-11-2012 by Valedictorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If that was me I would have been killed in the process..

I WOULD have went for THEIR guns, no doubt about it.. maybe not right away,
but at some point I would be kicking someone in the face.

MY HOUSE.. enter it and one, or all of us is dying in the process.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I WOULD have went for THEIR guns, no doubt about it.. maybe not right away,
but at some point I would be kicking someone in the face.

MY HOUSE.. enter it and one, or all of us is dying in the process.

The media would've spun it so that you were some sort of home-grown-militia-terrorist so nobody would care much and it would be forgotten the next day.

Sad but true.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
One day they will try to enter the wrong house and they will all die... This crap has got to stop...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I wonder how long it will be before someone gets on and blathers away about how this is what the police should be doing bc of the pot, or terrorists, or for the children, or just because.

I was in a house that got raided once. A cop killer had broken out of prison and my friends neighbor made an anonymous call saying he was there bc he hated them (loud parties) they came in weapons drawn pointing guns in 5 and 6 year olds faces. But atleast they had a warrant and explained why they were there afterward.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
swat teams train in intense situations but they train with the training to thier advantage......they are the 'gang of rambos'....and remember...a swat team is the police..law enforcement..a brotherhood of silence...they will lie to save the team..they will lie to save face, they will make something out of nothing..a small situation will be made to be life threatening situation....booo hisssss

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Brutal.

Hide!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

When I am in my residence I am armed to the teeth. It's more of a hobby than paranoia but I too know what's going to happen if I lose that knock knock lottery. I'd rather be wronged with a fighting chance than be ill prepared in the case of an emergency.

Until recently it never even occurred to me that being armed where I am living would get me gunned down by cops.

I know an 80 year old salty dog who walks his property with revolvers on his hips. He let's others stay on his property a bit like a commune. Nothing weird, he just has a kind heart for hippies. One day a sheriff came to the property and I was stunned to see him stop at the edge of the property then lay on the horn. He knew coming on would seem disrespectful without permission. He was looking for someone that we didn't know.

In the end we invited him for supper

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
that's not true.

she was armed with hope, innocence, freedom, rights and a future.

enough to be a mortal threat.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I guess theres always a chance that some fool will booby trap some house or building and call in a report of a gun or terrorists.....Then when the Blue Mafia show up he will bring the building down on top of them...........
Its not my thing, but theres people out there who would get a kick out of it.....
On the other hand, these are the kind of tactics that will be used in retaliation for the continued rights abuses....
Should the situation persist or get worse.....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This should explain why the SWAT team fired.

Just shout "It's coming right for us!"
edit on 17-11-2012 by GreenGlassDoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It sounds like a case of bad information and the investigating officer not checking out what his informant is telling him. According to the Huffington Post the FBI was doing multiple raids concerning a heroin ring.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
America is so messed up.

How long does the general public put up with this kind if treatment?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
FBI SWAT fires 7 rounds and misses.
She got hit with a ricochet.
All that training for what exactly?
These clowns can't shoot their way out of a paper bag apparently which is a good thing in this case.
Should they run in to real terrorists however it's goodbye agent Starling.

If they really wanted to stop heroin traffic maybe tell the army to stop protecting the crop?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
These heroes do NOT deserve your ire. They were putting their lives on the line walking in to that house and it's a miracle they even got out alive. She obviously had many guns and started firing first. That's what I believe to really have happened.

Edit: Ah, crap. I just realized we ARE supposed to be angry at the feds that did this. My bad.

But seriously, what the hell? Where's the official story? Will the FBI come out and give some kind of statement?

I think they hit the wrong house and the adrenaline pumped morons let their itchy fingers go. I like my local cops. Can't stand the feds.
edit on 11/17/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
SWAT, Special Weapons And Training, intended originally for hostage and other situations beyond training of line officers.

Since when does it take SWaT to serve a drug or other warrants?

Chiefs have to continually justify expense of keeping these bimbos on the force, thats why.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join