It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystical Energy from the 2012 Winter Solstice is beginning to Reach Us

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GnosisAD
I say if you don't feel this way about " mystical energy" what is the purpose of jumping in on a thread just to throw the bs flag.

Gosh, what's the purpose of the forum? It's not a blog. If you post anything here, it's up for discussion and/or varying opinions thereof.

How about all we really know, is the we know nothing.

This can't possibly be true. Your computer obviously works, and it operates based on pretty sophisticated knowledge. If you disagree, please disconnect. We know little, but what little precious we know works because we used "thinking", as in "critical thinking". By the way I have nothing against somebody describing their own seasonal mood variations. It's when "pulses from Saggitarius", "galactic plane" and other such cr@p gets involved, I flag it as such. We as a nation are backward enough. No time to indulge is "pulses from Saggitarius".

I think history speaks for itself with the untold number of times one doctrine of belief was found later to be completely untrue.

Very true! All the less reason to create even more doctrines based on someone's gut feeling.

That's why science has "theory" attatched to the majority of its conjecture

There is the thing called "Scientific Method". It has a strong connection to facts. You have confused "conjecture" and "theory", but you can educate yourself at Wikipedia article on same.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Let me ask a question to you and the thread as a whole. If it's the skeptics that are the close minded ones why does it always seem to be the believers that are the ones making threads stating who should and shouldn't post on their threads? Why is it always the believers who say they're going to ignore someone they don't agree with? Why is it always the believers telling others they shouldn't be on this site? From the behavior of the believers it seems like they're the ones putting up the walls. It seems like they're the ones not wanting to probe their beliefs. What I have seen during my time on this site is that when a believer asks a skeptic a tough question the skeptic will do research and if they can't come up with an answer they'll admit it. When a skeptic asks a believer a tough question it generally gets ignored or gets an ad hominem as a response. So looking at all of this which side are truly the close minded ones?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254 When a skeptic asks a believer a tough question it generally gets ignored or gets an ad hominem as a response.

Why don't you go make a thread about it? Oh, right, because then you couldn't aggravate a woo-woo.

Thank you for proving Xcalibur's point, BlueMule. Why don't you try to contribute to the thread instead of attacking everyone who supports the OP? It's been proven that radiation from Sagittarius A is growing, and it's been proven that radiation has some interesting effects on our biology.

And even so, it is our right to say that we feel a "disturbance in the force". So what's your problem with this discussion?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I'll give you an answer.

Because Skeptics are assuming that "facts" are indeed facts. This is an assumption, and a pompous one at that. In this thread alone I've seen people come in here and spout off "facts" about the Solar System, the Sun, the center of the galaxy, X-rays, and on it goes. We don't know much about any of these things. We learn a teeny little bit each and every day, but it is downright absurd to assume the current Science of today is anywhere near accurate to what is the truth. And this is what drives this conversation into a mess. Because "facts" will later either prove conclusive, or prove completely wrong and be forgotten. And the cycle will continue because we will always learn new things, every single day.

Until every single phenomenon can be understood and explained with a simple reason that encompasses all reality and probability, the search will continue.

Meanwhile, the "woo-woos" which by the way I will no longer use because it is a very demeaning, very egotistic labeling of someone else, simply think differently. We do not reject Science because Science is correct. We reject it because it is ASSUMED to be correct and we simply do not agree with the conclusion. Too many unanswered questions, too little research in the direction we are interested, etc. Matters of the soul and heart often require a more direct touch than with Scientific instruments. It doesn't make them any less valid though.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Here you go. I was actually planning on making this thread anyway. Hopefully you'll read it ad give it some thought.

Skeptics and Close Mindedness

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by ElohimJD

People like yourself do not understand that service to self can be balanced with service to others. If done right, service to self leads straight into service to others, and back around, in circles upon circles.

I like to say that if everyone took care of everyone else, we would all be taken care of.

I do understand exactly what you are saying, if the desire of self is to serve others, then it becomes service to self as well.

I agree with your point.

Thanks,

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think a lot of people miss the point of STS and STO.

As I understand it and have come to embrace, it means this to me:

STO is the path of service to others by acknowledging that serving others IS serving myself, as I have come to the realization that all is One and that we are One. To serve another literally IS serving myself, and I am honoring the Unity of all things.

Contrastingly, STS is the path of Service to Self, which means that I am NOT acknowledging and encompassing the Oneness of all things, and that I am choosing to serve myself as I am separate from others. The "us vs. them", "red vs. blue", "Israel vs. Palestine" dichotomies are a grand example of STS choice.

Peace and true compassion while honoring differences and celebrating Unity will transform the STS situation to one of the STO path, quite radically and quickly. STO also displaces the Ego mind.

---

This took a while for me to "get", but once I did my life became a LOT more simple.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

How does that make the skeptic close minded though? They will be the first ones to admit that science is subject to change. At the same time though based on the evidence we have science adequately explains the universe for our time and place. Without this structure we are simply left with an infinite number of possibilities and the only way to determine the truth is through personal belief. Skeptics aren't closed to new evidence. At the same time though they can only argue from the evidence they have. The fact that they're open to new, empirical evidence shows they're open minded. On the other side we have plenty of instances of believers closing down the lines of dialogue by essentially saying they're going to ignore anyone who doesn't agree with them. That is the definition of close mindedness.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Any ideas how to fix the world ?

End all governments created by Mankind against the laws of God, and usher in the Kingdom of God on Earth with Jesus Christ as the King of Kings and High Priest.

That is exactly how God will fix this world. As revealed through His servants the prophets.

All of you are "feeling" this truth, but through the lens of your personal beleif structures, which also were created by you as an individual mind apart from the laws of God, and according to the reasoning of your own mind, as designed by God for this age. But this age is ending, and the Kingdom of God will come.

By May 19th, 2013 all of this truth will be made known to all the world, from now until then all 7 trumpets will sound and the governments of mankind will fall.

This is not about fear, it is the good news; it has been designed since before the universe was fashioned to go exactly as it will go in the next few months, and those who keep the commandments of God (allow God to rule over their minds) will achieve victory with God (Israel = victory with God). If you are apart from the laws of God, you must learn to agree with them, or you cannot see the Kingdom of God in this lifetime.

The only way to effectivly "fix" this world is to transform (metamopheo) our minds collectively from carnal/selfish/evil to spiritual/selfless/good by allowing God's laws to be written in our foreheads (thoughts), and shown by our right hands (actions). Which "mark" do you bare, one of your own reasoning (666) or one according to the laws of God (commandments, Sabbath, Annual Holy Days etc.)

Mankind is incapable of successfully ruling himslef in this current condition, it is the single greatest witness of the age of mankind's self rule and the reason why God created us physical to begin with, so we can acknowledge, beyond the shadow of a doubt, this ultimate FACT: We cannot rule ourselves peacefully, due to our selfish human nature.

But God's plan doesn't end in death or on May 19, 2013; no matter what happenes between now and then, please know that God has a perfect plan for all mankind either in this age, or the next and that no one has been judged in this age save two human beings (both sons of perdition; Judas Iscariot and Joseph W. Tkach), and those who where apart of the Body of Christ and turned against His work in them (anti-christ).

For the rest of mankind, God knows exactly what He is doing, and all mankind will be shown his endless love, mercy, patience and grace in His perfct timing, according to His perfect design.

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

I don't understand why you say that like it's a foregon conclusion, when it's only one possibility - and a slim possibility, at that. I could easily say that a piece of shrapnel from the Millenium Falcon will get sucked through a wormhole caused by a massive universal explosion, speeding across this universe to cleave the Earth in half because some Daedra got tired of all our whining.

But it's just a possibility, because I have no way of proving it will happen except for this post - going by Christian logic, that is.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Essentially, it is going thus - we are playing with theories with the full knowledge that science doesn't know everything, while science is scoffing and saying, "We know enough to disprove your theories".

I think EVERYONE in this thread is being closed minded right now. I myself am only doing so because I'm attempting to curb my irritation at the numbskulls trying to derail the thread with their arrogance and lack of curiosity. They know who they are.
edit on 20-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
First, let me say that I'm not judging, I'm nudging...if you get my drift. So please don't take my posts as combative to the Skeptics' point of view.

"Science" in the sense of the Skeptic is the mainstream and established version, let's be clear. If I presented Reciprocal System analysis, or Nassim Haramein's view for example, I would immediately see the Skeptic open fire against these things as "wacko, crackpot, woo-woo, new agey, etc." Science. Yet, I don't see it that way. I see it as a perhaps the right view, but not understood by mainstream establishment as well. This doesn't it make it any more or less right or wrong than established Science, understand?

So to say that Skeptics would be open to evidence is not quite true, as a group. Yet if we take the individual person, of course then yes some openings may occur. Taking a hard line Skeptic though, I would say absolutely not. It isn't established therefore it is crackpot, etc. Fallacious. Evidence only counts if it comes from something or someone that is "established", see what I mean?

With regard to the "believers", yes some are closed-minded. I attribute this to the shut down internally after being continuously attacked for their beliefs, and after a while it tends to bring out the worst in a person, which would include Ego response like rejecting other's opinions...same as the attacker.

How do we solve this issue? Let the feelers feel. Let the Skeptics make a point, but driving it like a shovel through the feelers only creates more division and that's the opposite of what we need now.

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by fourthmeal

How does that make the skeptic close minded though? They will be the first ones to admit that science is subject to change. At the same time though based on the evidence we have science adequately explains the universe for our time and place. Without this structure we are simply left with an infinite number of possibilities and the only way to determine the truth is through personal belief. Skeptics aren't closed to new evidence. At the same time though they can only argue from the evidence they have. The fact that they're open to new, empirical evidence shows they're open minded. On the other side we have plenty of instances of believers closing down the lines of dialogue by essentially saying they're going to ignore anyone who doesn't agree with them. That is the definition of close mindedness.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join