learn more

Mystical Energy from the 2012 Winter Solstice is beginning to Reach Us

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
The stereologist doth protest too much, methinks.

Think what you want, but at least they post on substance.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
When people are cruising at over 600mph in an airplane do they realize how fast they are moving? No.

I certainly don't. What I realize is that how slow I'm moving. It usually takes a couple of movies and same number of martinis just to kill time while I get across the goddamn pond.

Just saying

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I question views like rather the ancients considered Earth to be a planet or if it was flat. How could they not view the other planets and not realize the Earth was the same? However the seven I referred to, were the basis for the seven days of the week.

Why would they think they were the same when the Earth is special according to many religions. It was made for man. The planets do not appear to be anything other than points of light in the night sky. They do not reveal a disc to the unaided eye.

The ancients knew the Earth was not flat.

The Sun and Moon are not planets.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

They wouldn't have known that back in the day.....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This post started as someone talking about how they are currently feeling. I long for a day when one fellow human can simply express themselves without others taking it up as some sort of challenge and feel the need to counterpoint. Is someones elses ideas a threat to you? How about anytime you seem something you don't agree with, and it's not hurting you,you try walking on by and being mindful of your own beliefs. Go share with your peer group. Better yet be a leader and start your own thread about what you believe and meet your allies there.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GnosisAD
This post started as someone talking about how they are currently feeling. I long for a day when one fellow human can simply express themselves without others taking it up as some sort of challenge and feel the need to counterpoint

Sorry but you have wrong expectations for ATS. By and large, this is where ideas and expressions are tested. If you want a feel-good place for New Age and other such stuff, there is no shortage of fora that would fit the bill.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Basically, a my beliefs are better than your beliefs, battleground..good to know.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Imtor

Higher consciousness means higher consciousness. You're aware of more which means you see more which means you understand more which means you think more which means you care more.

Eh, and again awareness of what? That other beings may exist? Yeah around staying in such forums I gained some, but nothing is certain, and i came to the realization last year, not because Dec 21st is coming. So I don't get it, higher consciousness about what?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

They wouldn't have known that back in the day.....

That's rather vague. Which item are you referring to?

Let me take the issue of a flat Earth. The only reason people thought the Earth was flat was that they did not travel far. Even today the Earth is considered to be flat when things like buildings are constructed. It's a relevant model at the appropriate scale. As soon as people started to travel they noticed that the stars were no longer where they thought they should be. That is what clued them into the fact that the Earth could not be flat. They might not have known the shape of the Earth, but one thing was quite clear and that was that the Earth was not flat.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GnosisAD

The OP asked people to respond with how they felt and I have stated what I believe to be the situation.

You ask for people not to disagree.
You ask for a one sided discussion.
You seem to think that disagreement is a threat.

Buck up. This is an open forum where discussion and argument includes other points of view. Another point of view is not a threat. There are many different points of view.

My position is simple. There is no magic. People cannot detect energy that a machine can't detect. It is easy for people to trick themselves into thinking they sense something when they don't. I provided two examples of this that came from the world of science: N-rays and mesmerism.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Basically, a my beliefs are better than your beliefs, battleground..good to know.

You should read the post again, because that is definitely not what was posted.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The Sun and Moon not being planets; who is to say they didn't know them any different from the other orbs in the sky? You gotta realize too that they didn't need the equipment to see all of the things we see today. We now have to compensate for smog, light pollution, potential aluminum (reflector) in chemtrails, and etc. They did not have these drawbacks, and I don't find it too unlikely that they could have seen into whole other galaxies. What is written now, is not all that has been written. Don't forget, a good deal of cultures had a big majority of their writings burned during conquest from the European empires.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Science is no different than any other religion, and we have just as many believers of science who champion their beliefs, as we do New-agers, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, etc. The Church of Science rules this forum with a heavy hand these days. What makes the refusal to question 'facts', any different than a refusal to question God, parables, allegories, commandments, etc?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by GnosisAD

The OP asked people to respond with how they felt and I have stated what I believe to be the situation.

A simple 'no' would have been good enough. Instead my thread is littered with annoying and unnecessary pseudo-skeptic harrassment and dogma.

Another point of view is not a threat.

Based on the number of hate-filled posters in this thread, you sure could have fooled me. Pseudo-skeptics are reacting to this thread as if it were a threat, hate and all. Oh well haters gonna hate.

My position is simple. There is no magic.

You have stated your position. You have answered my questions in the OP. Your mission is now accomplished. Now please take your skeptic friends with you and leave. Unless of course what you are really after is to harrass. If that's what you are really after I'm sure you'll cook up reasons to stay.

edit on 20-11-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

It's debatable whether or not the ancients considered the Sun and Moon as planets. However it is undebatable that they saw these two objects as different from everything else in the night sky. That is why every civilization had separate symbols for the Sun and Moon and why every civilization had gods associated with these objects.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I can't say I've been feeling any 'new' energy only the same sense of wonder and awe I get when I sit alone at night and look up at the sky in a place undisturbed or away from humans.

I wouldn't call that new energy but I would like to experience this new energy but is it only accessible for the few if it even exists at all?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fadedface
I can't say I've been feeling any 'new' energy only the same sense of wonder and awe I get when I sit alone at night and look up at the sky in a place undisturbed or away from humans.

I wouldn't call that new energy but I would like to experience this new energy but is it only accessible for the few if it even exists at all?

I think its accessible to all, sort of like how a local radio station is accessible to all local radios. Its just a matter of tuning in. Fasting, meditation, reading mystical literature, exercise, dream incubation, and being immersed in nature are some of the ways one might tune in.

edit on 20-11-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The sky is as clear in many places as it was ages ago. It simply isn't possible for the human eye to detect dim objects. We know the sensitivity of the eye and the apparent brightness of the objects in question.

As far as the Sun and Moon we can read what was written. It tells us that the Sun and Moon were considered to be different than the planets.

Your speculation about these issues simply does not mesh with what is known.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Science is no different than any other religion

That is completely false. Unlike religions which will not change, science always changes as more is learned.

The Church of Science rules this forum with a heavy hand these days. What makes the refusal to question 'facts', any different than a refusal to question God, parables, allegories, commandments, etc?

Facts are questioned all of the time. Facts are what we believe to be true. They are not truth.

You should learn more about science. It is clear that you have many mistaken ideas about how science works.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I simple 'no' would have been good enough. Instead my thread is littered with annoying and unesessary pseudo-skeptic harrassment and dogma.

Completely false. It is skeptic, not some silly condescending word coined by those that are in the wrong.

Based on the hate-filled skeptical posters in this thread, you sure could have fooled me. Skeptics are reacting to this thread as if it were a threat, hate and all. Oh well haters gonna hate.

No hate here. Simply pointing out the numerous falsehoods that have been posted.

You have stated your position. You have answered my questions in the OP. Your mission is now accomplished. Now please take your skeptic friends with you and leave. Unless of course what you are really after is to harrass. If that's what you are really after I'm sure you'll cook up reasons to stay.

You might be a book burning censor at heart, but you have to buck up and accept that there are other points of view. This is an open forum.

There are places where censorship thrives such as pole shift ning and zeta talk. Maybe that is more to your liking.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join