It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous takes down over 650 Israeli sites

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaymp
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Because they're causing fear and implementing destruction to further an agenda. That's terrorism. I mean, they're hacking banks and releasing information, and they've done it before. I don't really care about website defacement and ddos attacks. That's script kiddie BS. But when you post banking information and social security numbers, we have a problem.

Your confusing Lulzsec with annonymous.

Lulzsec does it "just for the lulz and anarchy" and are much more proactive.

LulzSec does not appear to hack for financial profit.[42] The group claimed main motivation is to have fun by causing mayhem.[43] They did things "for the lulz" and focus on the possible comedic and entertainment value of attacking targets.

Annonymous are like a giant sloth compared to other hacking circles. Takes ages to rouse them, but when it's charging at you you will know about it.

Also, who are they causing fear to? Which more: The Israeli population or to a handful of government and military officials?

I should state again that in the eventuality that the internet is shut off completely to Israel (Gaza uses same technology to extents) then anonymous' first priority will be to get people back online with SSL keys or other means, then after that's done maybe get a Little bit of revenge on the person who cut everyone internet off. Usually by then the countries anon residents are so angry themselves they do that bit for them

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Here's the thing, though: Anonymous has taken up the mantle of a vigilante organization. When that happens, the inevitable questions are -

Does this group think it's above the law?

Does this group have morals we feel comfortable with?

Where does this group draw the line?

Can we count on it to do what's right, even when it wants to do otherwise?

How do we know this group is legitimate, and not a cover?

How do we know this group won't eventually work for itself, rather than the people?

Vigilante groups scare me. They can be useful, but they're also unstable. Do you want a rabid dog to guard your family?

We can ask these same questions about any group but their actions show their moral fortitude!
We can also ask these same questions about the US government!
I have a question for you. do you fear this group more then your own government?
Which has done more damage to you?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimIrie

dunno how to embed this vid...?

Anonymous - A Message To Gaza and Israel of Unity & Peace

youtu.be...

Awesome VIDEO! I balled my eyes out and am still crying as I type this!
Everything said in it is so very true but none can hear a message they refuse to listen to!
I pray each day that our humanity will awaken and men will stand against the machine of oppression!
Now I see only the end will take away the pain and i welcome it for what good is life without humanity!
Without this very thing we are but intellectual animals with razor talons that can kill tens of millions
at a single thrust! Are we truely destined to live as savages?
I used to believe as a child that all war, famine and disease would end by the 21st century but yet we are here
and these things are more numerous then ever before!
I guess my nievate was only overshadowed by my hope for a future free from oppression and tyranny!
I am sorry to be here ranting like a child! God bless you and all who hold on to this thing that makes us Humane!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
ANONYMUS CANT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONAIRE,TO ANY INTERVIEW,THATS WHY IS CALL ANONYMUS...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Can someone give me a shortened and simplified explanation as to what exactly these cyber attacks accomplish? This is not sarcasm in any-sense, I just honestly don't have a real good grip on what these guys do....

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

It's called Anonymous because the members involved are afraid of being connected to the terrorist activities they participate in. I would say that they hide their faces to protect the people they love, but that would require some actual progress to be made. Quite frankly, I see Anonymous as more of an annoyance, monkeys throwing poo, than a gang of Dark Knights.

They're like a head injury - they're only cool when they happen to someone else. Watch how fast people change sides when Anonymous starts working for their own benefit instead of ours.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by danger2oneself
Can someone give me a shortened and simplified explanation as to what exactly these cyber attacks accomplish? This is not sarcasm in any-sense, I just honestly don't have a real good grip on what these guys do....

Try and stop leaders and TPTB censoring the internet and free speech, in a nutshell. That's a pretty general definition but this is what seems to get the most people motivated and angry at dictators or corrupt regimes.

Maybe the best idea to get is from reading this thread (Anonymous #OpIsrael is angry about Israel censoring the internet!), and watching this video:

We gonna take back our freedom and bring free knowledge to all.
You know greedy, we gonna fight back. Simply 4lulz.
We're the people. The internet. The 99%. The humanity.
And we are the only system.

In each of the above they re-empowered the people with internet access due to their technical expertise and enabled them to stand up and unite against the powers that be.
edit on 21-11-2012 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

Bank of yerushalim is alive and well.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Teror atack on a bus in the center of tel aviv

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I am inviting you to live for a few weeks under the the range of hamas missiles. I am sure you will come up with even better ways to figth the evil ways of the hamas who most always launch missiles from populated civilian areas towards israel.

www.youtube.com... (nice guys after all)
edit on 21-11-2012 by SPACEBROS because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by SPACEBROS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by ronnypeppers

What you are refusing to accept, despite its being a fact, is that Hamas firing at Israel, is like a mosquito trying to bite a main battle tank. Does a tank commander consider the correct response as being risking the lives of people and property around it, by churning out shells and bullets from its main and secondary weapons in response to this threat? No, because that would be A) idiotic and B) cause more damage to any surrounding population, and property, than it would the mosquito.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

I am inviting you to live for a few weeks under the the range of hamas missiles. I am sure you will come up with even better ways to figth the evil ways of the hamas who most always launch missiles from populated civilian areas towards israel.

www.youtube.com... (nice guys after all)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SPACEBROS

The Israeli government already HAVE technology that can prevent any and all projectile penetration of thier airspace and territory. The only reason that the citizens of Israel are still under threat from Hamas missile attack, is because the Israeli government has elected not to utilise the most effective passive defense systems at thier disposal.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join