page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by Hanslune
maybe give an example

the totality of the context is only understood by non-linear reasoning, the ability of which you may not possess.

You mean you've made stuff up that sounds silly if you present it in public? Okay that sounds about right.

More seriously this is a discussion board, you may find that I or others DO understand it, share please
edit on 22/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10
reply to post by Hanslune

Hi Hans,
In one of your previous posts, you mentioned " the black haired people" what was that in reference to?
Was that real history/ mythos or stichin?

Hey Pumpkinworks10

That is what the Sumerians called themselves, among other things

The Sumerians either called themselves the 'civilized children' or the 'black-headed people'.

sag-gi6(-ga): black-headed people; Sumerians ('head' + 'black' + nominative; cf., dumu-gir15/gi7 and ki-en-gi(-r); ki-en-gir15/gi7(-r)).

un sag-gi6: black-headed people = Sumerians ('people' + 'heads' + 'black').

Oh and I see I said black haired instead of black headed, oops, but the meaning is still there, unless they had a lot of acme

Not a direct link you'll have to do a search for black

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Thanks Hans,
Would you know , if in that context, they used that term to distinguish themselves from thier neighbors, based on physical appearance?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

From the same source

dumu-gir15/gi7: freeborn man, Sumerian [in contrast to slaves from foreign countries] ('child' + 'native group').

They may have had names for other foreign groups but off hand I don't recall. I can do the research after I finish cooking the traditional thanksgiving luncheon. Perhaps someone else might know that?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

No need to put any effort into it, I just brought it up because it reminds me of a passage in a central American legend about the black haired people that represented a change in ages.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You mean you've made stuff up that sounds silly if you present it in public?

there was a time when people described the Earth as flat and if you said it was more than likely it was round you'd've sounded silly too. how many times do we have to rewrite the "scientific" record?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

You mean you've made stuff up that sounds silly if you present it in public?

there was a time when people described the Earth as flat and if you said it was more than likely it was round you'd've sounded silly too. how many times do we have to rewrite the "scientific" record?

Not unless you had evidence to support your claim which is exactly what the Greeks did, they proved the claim. That the earth was flat was never a 'scientific' claim.

You missed the important part of the message, here it is again,

More seriously this is a discussion board, you may find that I or others DO understand it, share please

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10

Hi Hans,
In one of your previous posts, you mentioned " the black haired people" what was that in reference to?
Was that real history/ mythos or stichin?

Hey Pumpkinworks10

That is what the Sumerians called themselves, among other things

The Sumerians either called themselves the 'civilized children' or the 'black-headed people'.

sag-gi6(-ga): black-headed people; Sumerians ('head' + 'black' + nominative; cf., dumu-gir15/gi7 and ki-en-gi(-r); ki-en-gir15/gi7(-r)).

un sag-gi6: black-headed people = Sumerians ('people' + 'heads' + 'black').

Oh and I see I said black haired instead of black headed, oops, but the meaning is still there, unless they had a lot of acme

Not a direct link you'll have to do a search for black

Butting in here to state that Marduk told me otherwise once.

Assuming you know Marduk.

He was of the mind that the black hairs were newbies to the Sumerians, less respected, IIRC, and later came to dominate the population. Maybe the Akkadians but I don't remember now.

That guy knows so much that you just can't find with a google search.

Harte

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Hmmm not sure I would agree with Marduk on that. Unless he was referring to the arrival of the Sumerians to the land of the Ubaidians

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join