It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kennewick Man descendant of Moriori and possibly Ainu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Prehistoric Kennewick Man was just passing through

More likely, Smithsonian Institution anthropologist Douglas Owsley said, he came from the coast, not the inland valley where his remains were found

The long-running detective saga involving one of North America’s earliest inhabitants has taken a new twist, with the discovery that Kennewick Man — the 9,300-year-old skeleton unearthed in 1996 on the banks of the Columbia River — probably was a visitor to central Washington, not a longtime resident.

This is a very interesting read for those who have been following the story of Kennewick man from the court case with Native Americans to his possible story of how he arrived at his final resting place. Some will claim conspiracy and politics so be it. I'm after the science and his lines history.

Let the others slug it out in the courts

He apparently is not related to the Native population of the area. The detective work scientist have done lead to the conclusion that although his line may have been in the Americas thousands of years he was of a line that most likely lived along the coast and not inland along the river.

This is just part of his story....

The new book goes on to document how scientists reached the conclusion from Kennewick Man’s skull size and shape that he wasn’t directly related to modern-day Native Americans. He was most similar to the Moriori, a Polynesian people in the Chatham Islands, near New Zealand. He is also like the Moriori’s ancestors, the Ainu, who lived in coastal areas of mainland Asia 15,000 years ago.

“Did they leave their homeland when people from central Asia migrated to the coast?” Owsley and Walker ask. “Over many generations, had they paddled to new homes, some traveling south toward New Zealand, while others coast-hopped in boats northward and finally east to North America? Their skulls and those of the earliest Paleoamericans seem to support this.”

What I find more interesting is that his skull structure is closer to the early population of the South West Pacific. Mainly the Moriori descendants of the Ainu. Which opens the discussion up to a much more in depth look at possibly the earliest seafarers. The question in my mind has always been were they open ocean sailors or simple coastal ones, skirting along the shore as they hunted and explored?

In my thread Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders? I discussed Kennewick man's possible ancestral heritage which might be of a more interesting genetic scenario which differ from most academic circles opinion.

"Easter Island:

What if, In prehistoric history the Pacific was explored and colonized by these possible ancient hybrids? We do find megalithic structures throughout the Pacific island chains. Yet, often times the Islander themselves clearly state that they were built by some previous ancient people from long ago. Now I'm going to stop right here and clearly state. Many of the ancient monuments were in fact built by very well known cultures and people in recorded history.

But, Were they all?"

15,000 years ago or earlier seems to be an interesting period in human activity in the Pacific. Are we seeing clues of a long forgotten period of in prehistory?

I ask again as I always do, Is there a possible lost past of say an Island chain now submerged grouped cultures and civilizations that have been washed away as the oceans rose around the last of the ice age melt off?

Possible?

Probable?

As always you decide.

edit on 17-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I read about this a long time ago but have not heard of it for a while.

Thanks for the reminder.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

He was probably part of one of the earlier groups to either pass over Beringia or along the coast. His ancestors were the ancestors of the present day Ainu and the later groups that became the Polynesians.

Good to see his genetics are getting narrowed down

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Hi slayer,
Awsome as usual,
From my own research its my opinion that kenewick man representsthe early caucasian peoples spread around the world. His ancestors were ancestral to the ainu and were also an ancestral component of the Australian aborigines, as well as other populations around the world.
If you haven't been to this site check it out

users.on.net...

It's a little involved and has a few references to some stuff I automatically psuedo ignore, but otherwise is a complelling tale.
And it links several of you threads together.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Thanks for another interesting thread, Slayer. You DO know that you are debunking those who aver that scientists in general, and archaeologists in particular, are hiding our REAL history. I note that our local archaeological society is hosting a presentation next week entitled The Peopling of the Americas: New Evidence, Old Controversies. Those in south-central Ontario can U2U me for the info. S&F to you for the thread.

Originally posted by punkinworks10

From my own research its my opinion that kenewick man represents the early caucasian peoples ...
Caucasoid...important difference. This dude may look like Picard, but wasn't 'white'. Still one hell of a yarn as it unfolds. Mind you, the politics attached are quite something as well.

edit on 17-11-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

The peopling of the Americas came in 'waves' from Asia, the last 'wave' were the Inuits not counting the Vikings and the BIG wave consisting of the other Europeans and Africans.

How many there were, is unknown

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

You know it's funny but...

I keep returning to Peru's Puma punku and Tiahuanaco and Mexico's Olmec. Which both have remaining artifacts and representations of how they looked which show many varying physical characteristics....

Asian, Caucasoid, African etc etc etc

The timelines just don't seem to line up in my humbles...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

edit on 17-11-2012 by DISRAELI because: misunderstanding, probably

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's a little bit tangential to the topic, and I don't know too much about them, but I'm surprised the Moriori are supposed to be descended from the Ainu?

Wiki had a link to a picture of the 'last full blooded moriori' which I found while reading up a little for a post in an older thread,

[this one btw: www.abovetopsecret.com...
"Is there an ARCHAEOLOGICAL COVERUP going on in New Zealand?"]

Here's the link to the picture:
christchurchcitylibraries.com...

I think he obviously looks like somebody from India, not an Ainu.

There's an obvious route from India to New Zealand, especially when you go back to ~10,000BC and before when Sundaland is above water, so it didn't seem like a stretch to me at all. I mean, isn't that where Australia's aboriginals ultimately hail from? And haven't they been in Australia since like, ~50,000 BCE?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 11andrew34

I tossed you a star for your reply. I don't agree with some of it.

There have been several waves, some came down through central Asia which is how some speculate Denisovian DNA ended up in the Melanesians way out in the Pacific and later some others did the coastal migration route out of Africa into India and then along the now submerged coast all the way to Australia etc.

There are some signs of human habitation in Australia as early as 70,000 B.C.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Howdy Slayer

Could you explain further please I'm not quite getting your point? Those two cultures come up 7,000+ years after Kman - now if he'd had a Sebuktegin Ghuznivide in his 'pocket' I'd be impressed
edit on 17/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
as always slayer provides another thought provoking read

usual s and f for you my friend!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I guess we will never truly know though as the genetics are being kept under guard with little access being allowed and the skull itself has been buried and concreted over.

I do however believe that Kennewick man could of been one of,or related to,the Ainu as they were very Caucasian looking before the Korean and Japanese colonisation of their land in the 20th century,which could explain the Caucasian similarities that the skull has.European migrant though? possible but not likely.Although 'Ice Age Columbus' is interesting if anybody wants to check that out.

edit on 17/11/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Not 'caucasian' which is often the cry of people who wish the Pacific was populated by Caucasians, thus showing their 'superiorirty'. but 'Caucasoid', which is another thing altogether.

Slayer, I was interested in the reference to the Moriori, as they are from these parts. I must hunt out more information regarding them. however, may I bring your attention to Barry Brailsford's book " Song of the Waitaha". Now, I'm a bit dubious of Barry Brailsford, but this one was endorsed by (Dame) Whina Cooper who was a well-respected Kuia. It has some interesting premises.

link

Now, I ask, why would she, of such esteemed lineage, endorse such a book? Kaumatua and Kuia traditionally had great knowledge of the past.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Just a quick summary: the white race is being suppressed from their ancancient artifacts and this is basically in lieu of the PC term called "white privelage".
As an example, why are caucasion/caucasoid ancient artifacts neing kept in vaults behind locked doors or even thrown out. My theory is that it would nulify the out of africa theory, whick in turn would cause a huge back lash amongst mostly primitive peeopls.

Eta: this post is relevant to the topic at hand, if you think not, please reread the thread.

Eta: i appologize from my grammatical errors, im on my android device but anyone with intelligence gets the gist of what im saying.
edit on 18-11-2012 by kimish because: add

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Not from where I am standing.
I know of no willful dismissal of material found in archaeological sites here in New Zealand, at least in modern times (where my experience and contacts are).

What I do see are people clutching at straws and making things up to justify their insecurities.

Or, perhaps it IS the museum mafia, those evil bastions of misinformation.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
They have found even more primitive bones of humans in Brazil. So how did they get to South America? There is even theories that they are descendants of the Australian Natives.

Dont forget they have found 6000 year old, 6 foot tall, blonde and red haired White Man mummies in China, of all places.

Be aware that the Maoris are thought to have been in New Zealand for only 1000 years or so. Previous to that, there was, apparently, tribes of white people (not neccessarily European) in New Zealand who were wiped out by the ruthless Maori. Who btw follow their gene lineage directly to the indigenous peoples of Taiwan...no not the Hun Chinese...the original Taiwanese.

Humans are certainly a mixed up lot.

Then theres the Alien tampering.............................

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Your information regarding (ancient 'Celtic' for want of a better phrase ) New Zealand is seriously flawed, and not correct at all.
I'm well aware of the theories, and of Martin Doutre and Noel Hilliam and all, but there is no physical evidence, no genetic evidence, that this is so, There is no evidence in the geologic record, even amongst the remains of the avifauna. I'm sorry, but you're well off the mark on this. All it is is crypto white supremacist crap.

edit on 18-11-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gort51

Dont forget they have found 6000 year old, 6 foot tall, blonde and red haired White Man mummies in China, of all places.
:

Western China yes there were nomads in central Asia why do you find that unusual? Here is a challenge for you draw a line over Asia and tell us why and for reason Asians should be one side and 'Europeans' on the other side and what stopped them from crossin the line?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

15,000 years ago or earlier seems to be an interesting period in human activity in the Pacific. Are we seeing clues of a long forgotten period of in prehistory?

I ask again as I always do, Is there a possible lost past of say an Island chain now submerged grouped cultures and civilizations that have been washed away as the oceans rose around the last of the ice age melt off?

12-15 thousand years ago would be right around the time of the "flood" in Genesis. Personally I think Sitchin's descriptions/translations of the Sumerian tablets are more than likely the most accurate to reality. Instead of rain somehow for forty days and nights flooding the entire planet (there's only like enough moisture in the atmosphere to cover the planet with 2 inches of water) instead the resulting tsunamis caused by the polar ice sheet breaking up are what caused these major worldwide floods.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join