It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO photographed over Area 51

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This was published on the MUFON CMS two days ago:

Published: 6:23 AM 11/16/2012

Rachel, Nevada - 11-08-12

As a small group of tourists we had just left Rachel, Nevada (Lil A'Le'Inn) and stopped at the black mailbox en route to the Area 51 entrance.

Earlier in the day we saw a helicopter in the area and two people in our group insisted that we were being followed by another man in a blue car. While we were doing our tourist thing at the black mail box, one of the group members shouted something that caused all of us to turn around.

Two or three people began snapping photos of a shiny object in the sky. It hovered for a few seconds, seemed to move back and forth in different directions and after 30 seconds or so took off in an incredible speed.

I could not hear noise coming from the object, but it certainly freaked me out.

Obviously, everyone was pretty excited, but strangely enough one lady in our group from Germany got physically ill almost immediately after the sighting. When we got to the entrance to Area 51 she got sick directly in view of the men in the white truck that sit on the hill.

I thought you should have these pictures, but I really don't want any publicity. I can assure you of one thing... I will never go back to Area 51.

Camera - Panasonic DMC-FH8

Source and original photos

Looking by its shadow on the ground, seems like this is a small object somewhat close to the camera...

Thoughts?
edit on 17-11-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed, the photos appear authentic enough if not for a lack of detail. The guy in view taking a picture is a good sign that the object was surely there. Be interesting to hear the photo geeks opinion on the authenticity.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You can see the tiny shadow on the ground, i believe this may be a silver frisbee, or a hubcap being tossed in the air.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Great photo's and very interesting story. You sort of hit on the one problem with these photo's for me. The Shadow does not appear where my brain is telling me it should appear. At first I thought I could dismiss it if it was only in the bottom photo. I see a shadow (I think ) in the top photo as well but in neither case is the shadow where I think it should be. I could be dead wrong.. and most likely am but is interesting none the less.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
You can see the tiny shadow on the ground, i believe this may be a silver frisbee, or a hubcap being tossed in the air.

I don't see a shadow in the first two photos though, and in the third, there are two of those spots on the ground - not sure if they are shadows, but i may be wrong - correct me please.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Either the pictures were taken at different times of the day or they are pictures from 2 or more people. The shadows aren't consistent with each other. There isn't even a shadow in the second picture. Im gonna say that it was either a small remote control toy or some one throwing something up into the air so everyone could get some pictures to go impress their friends back at home with.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Pffft...lens flare.

Haha, just kidding guys. I think I may just go through all threads, no matter what it is about, and just post the above statement just in case the regular lens flare hypothesists are busy doing something else.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
LOL that is prolly one of the worst CGI's i have ever seen. Pretty clear its fake.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Well if these shadows are as i believe from the silver object, it shows that the silver object is infact very small.

If you look at this picture, and the close up shot in the right corner, to me it looks like a hubcap or silver frisbee, sorry i'm not buying it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
After reading everyones post I can't help but think it is funny the lengths people will go to in order to catch some light.

Though, in saying that I don't think I've ever come across a thread with a picture of a UFO on ATS where someone didn't endeavor to debunk it.

Are there any photographs the community can agree on isn't fake?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

The Shadow does not appear where my brain is telling me it should appear

Its kind of hard to tell without being positive of the suns location
though that post in the background cats a shadow in the same direction as the object
edit on 17-11-2012 by connorromanow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Was just looking at the stop sign and noticed it's shadow is the same in pics 1 & 3. These must ave been taken close together. Actually all three seem to be in secquence as the object would have moved passed the mountain in background. You can see the shadow of the sign across the road, if you look closely.
I then zoomed in on all three pics and notice some "possible" markings on the bottom in pic 2. There are also some thing just beside the sun glare in pics 1 & 3.
Can't say this is really real or really hoax, just wanted to point a few things out.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Let's see...

A "UFO" is seen over a Government Installation, that is known for Top Secret Military testing and there have
been only rumors of "UFO's" at this base.

Sorry, keep looking.

Edit to add "UFO" as in ET Craft, not unidentified man made objects.

edit on 17-11-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Just a small remark... according to the sun etc.: on the third photo, that black dot is NOT a shadow. It falls in the wrong place. I must be a piece of shrub or something like it. If it was a small object it would cast a shadow roughly down by the road.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Surveillance Drone

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I looked at the way the shadows are going and would say we cannot see a shadow for this object, at all in the photos. (Not that it isn't casting one - its just not in the photo.) The shadow, would be farther north and stretched out into an oval.

If you take a close look at the stop sign, you can see it has a long shadow stretching to the North (the mountains would be to the west). The small spots in the photo with the tourist (two of them) are more likely from objects (i.e. plants or rocks) on the ground. In fact, in the second photo with the stop sign - the "spot" on the ground is still there and the object is far away from it.

It is a very reflective object - the sun hitting it makes it look almost like there is a thruster or some kind of propulsion on the back of it - but I think its just the sun.

These are very interesting photos! Thank you for sharing them!!

peace,
AB

ps - well, drat, not sure about my sense of direction in this photo - I'll go find a map and see if I can locate "the black mailbox..."
edit on 17-11-2012 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

Help anyone? Which direction are they facing?
edit on 17-11-2012 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If you go to the source link and read the comments, one person said one of the images is marked as being photoshopped.

Just FYI as I don't know anything about photoshop.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
Surveillance Drone

I agree, that is what it looks like to me, is the most logical explanation. It is impossible to really tell if those are shadow or what on the ground and unfortunately pictures are notoriously poor to show distance/size related to an object. How far away is it? How big? Even with the guy in the foreground you really can't tell. imho

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
More, rather unimpressive fakes.

Move on, nothing to see here.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
interesting pics. i have no clue what it could be. below is a close-up with various filters/adjustments;

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join