It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Footage on Youtube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I was sifting through youtube and came across this clip containing supposed paranormal footage. Adam Dawson, the recorder of the footage, claims it was recorded in 1991 and it does seem genuine. Here is the link:

www.youtube.com...

Tell me what you think. Watch it in its entirety please.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Watched it, pretty creepy dude! I've been looking on youtube for some decent paranormal videos but most seem to be fake or a joke. This one was pretty good, the music made it that much more creepy. Nice find!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Just watched it fully, and the music or sound added really ruins it, as it seems to dramatize it to much, the shadows could be someone creating the shadows from behide the camara, and as for that running up the stairs sound, in my old house, me and the wife used to hear this, and after about 3 weeks we realized it was next doors kids as our walls were so thin, and there stairwell was on the otherside of our stairwell with thin walls..

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
I was sifting through youtube and came across this clip containing supposed paranormal footage. Adam Dawson, the recorder of the footage, claims it was recorded in 1991 and it does seem genuine. Here is the link:

www.youtube.com...

Tell me what you think. Watch it in its entirety please.

Hey there seen2much ... I've seen worse and although most of it could be explained logically parts of it were interesting ... there were two things that spoilt it for me

(1) That stupid music made the whole thing farcical and overpowered some of the alleged paranormal noise towards the end ... awful !

(2) As a paranormal investigator myself I found it very frustrating that they didn't investigate the noise coming from the wall in the sitting room properly ... that to me implies that it was simply someone on the otherside of the wall (in the ajacent room) bumping it for effect ... a paranormal investigator can never let fear get the better of them or they will never discover anything ... very disappointing !

Woody

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your comments!

Yes, I agree that the musical insertion was crudely done and that they did not investigate the noises further. Yet, it seems that such lack of professionalism can be explained as a novices simply recording what was happening and not thinking any further than that.

However, the shadow does seem as if it is in a sitting posture when it rises up and leaves. I think the ghost footage is genuine, I think but I do not know. As for the sounds, they can most likely be explained away.

I just thought this recording was worth a serious look.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I am always leery of videos online. It seems everyone wants their fifteen minutes of fame these days. It's hard to tell what's genuine or not especially with the software available now for video editing. A shame too. Too many fraudsters out there ruin it for everyone else. Unless I'm there to see it personally, I'm always skeptical.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
Thanks everyone for your comments!

Yes, I agree that the musical insertion was crudely done and that they did not investigate the noises further. Yet, it seems that such lack of professionalism can be explained as a novices simply recording what was happening and not thinking any further than that.

However, the shadow does seem as if it is in a sitting posture when it rises up and leaves. I think the ghost footage is genuine, I think but I do not know. As for the sounds, they can most likely be explained away.

I just thought this recording was worth a serious look.

As I said in my first reply 'I have seen worse' ... much worse in fact
and you're absolutely right about the lack of further investigation by the team being down to them being novices ... I apologize if I came across as a 'paranormal snob'

The 'shadow' was definately the interesting part and it's a shame the other parts of the video detracted from that ... that said I don't know whether it was the real deal or a technological effect of the camera ... but these things are always worth a looksee because you never know when there will be a little gem amongst the rocks.

What we really need is someone who has more knowledge about cameras and potential ways this could have been the result of an effect ... if it's not possible to create such an effect then it is a genuine ghost.

Woody

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine

I am always leery of videos online. It seems everyone wants their fifteen minutes of fame these days. It's hard to tell what's genuine or not especially with the software available now for video editing. A shame too. Too many fraudsters out there ruin it for everyone else. Unless I'm there to see it personally, I'm always skeptical.

Totally agree !

Woody

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Youtube videos are like having sex when you're drunk,
a good idea at the moment, but most likely you will end up with a big pile of nothing.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

I agree, adding music like that to it just screams
fake. Not saying it is, but if it was
why would you need to make it seem more 'spooky'

I have real issues with the ones that doctor up the
video to 'enhance' it or 'make it cooler'.

kind of like half the shows on tv, they all freak out
"Did you here that" but all we get to hear is music..
makes you wonder how much they are faking.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

No, you didn't come off as a snob. Your point is valid and I agree with it essentially. I just thought this clip was unique from the others.

Does anyone have any good clips?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LionOfGOD

That, compadre, sounds like a youtube video title to me!
edit on 18-11-2012 by seen2much because: ?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
when it comes to ghost videos on youtube .. i don't even click on them .

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The "steps" are pretty obvious. Some guy or gal is just smacking a wall or step. Knocking sounds are pretty useless when it comes to legitimate paranormal research in my opinion. Buildings make all types of sounds and so do people. Just too easy to discredit. I guarantee it is just one of them making the so called "steps". If ghosts pass through walls, why do they not pass through the ground/floor?

Once I saw a banging noise was their second piece of evidence, I immediately skipped. Too easy to fake, no merit.

The shadow man is interesting but I believe non the less a hoax. Does anyone know if this has been professionally analyzed? I've searched a little bit and all I have found are tons of the same videos and paranormal sites. I tried using different filters but could not find decent real information about this. This is what was listed using the News filter lol.

I am not a fan about places using quotes like this below. It should read -"This is an interesting piece of proposed evidence. Let us ask questions, let us put it through a battery of tests!"-. Instead we get this...

One of the most authentic ghost videos I have ever seen! This house was built on an old cemetery, with a sad history of accidental death. Leave your lights on for this one!
www.realghostvideos.net...

Until I can see that an expert has analyzed this, I must remain skeptical.

new topics

top topics

join