It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred That Many Have for Fox News is Simply Partisanship

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

ALL NEWS NETWORKS LIE
They all Vomit the same Vile crap as the next.
For instance, I find the left (worship Obama
like a god or something).he can do no wrong, no matter
what trouble he finds himself in.

And the right can find fault in the manner in which
he finds himself to be alive and breathing today.
Yes, I've heard crazy, insane stuff on Fox news
But, I find that if you know they are ALL liars,
You dont get sucked in and become a ' Poll Result.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Read these posts?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sure sounds like someone did not.

And then comes up with this:

Yet another fail

You proved my point. How anyone can view these posts as wanting to silence fox is beyond my ken. Saying something sucks is just that. I am aware you equate opinions to fascism.

CJ

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Apparently someone failed to go use that ATS search feature.

you can keep your stupid SUPER P.A.C. aka FOX
just dont call it NEWS

its pretty simple really,

xploder

Dude, don't know if you get it or not, but the lefts Super PAC is MSNBC, NBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NPR, PBS, Hollywood, Sony Pictures, and most print media.

If we got rid of FOX and talk radio, then the partisan left would have NO (zero) opposition in the media.

I know we don't agree on many issues. But no ideology should hold a monopoly on the media and free expression.

Be it left or right.

Wouldn't it be nice to go back to the good old days when news services weren't worried about making profits and didn't lean towards any side.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
According to Rupert Murdoch FOX isn't a news service they are infotainment. This helps them get out of many lawsuits.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
According to Rupert Murdoch FOX isn't a news service they are infotainment. This helps them get out of many lawsuits.

Don't point out the facts. You may be labled a nazi, book burner or slave owner.

CJ

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by buster2010

Don't point out the facts. You may be labled a nazi, book burner or slave owner.

CJ

I'm sure there already is a few people who think that already.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The Love That Many Have for Fox News is Simply Partisanship

Yep
what is this thread about?
Pointing out the obvious and trolling the left?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Personally, I'd start by saying Fox isn't just as bad as the others. In some ways, it's worse. I wish Fox itself would realize it and the reasons why too.

It's all just one conservatives opinion here but I think Fox is unique and stands out for a major reason. They touted themselves as the alternative news source and the conservative place to go and not only get news but enjoy that general commentary. That's how they started anyway. They've watered that down and played to the center and then, clear into the left .....while still keeping SOME of the other people are are still right leaning enough to almost fall over while trying to walk. It's been a disaster and sick parody of 'fair and balanced'. That isn't quite what I think the term is supposed to mean.

In at least one example of how they've moved left though would be one I was nearly overwhelmed by while trucking. I'm not sure how it came across on TV since obviously, at the time, TV wasn't something I did at all. However, starting right after Obama nearly pulled their ticket to the press room and threw them out of the White House entirely, they covered as close to every speech he gave as they could without really tearing up their programming completely during the day. It was like night/day for comparison because in that circumstance I had just satellite radio, not cable or internet regularly, so I flipped between Bloomberg, MSNBC, CNN, NPR Radio, Fox and Fox Radio on a pretty regular, rotating basis. NO ONE covered Obama like Fox for live airing of his speeches and events.

Fox needs to go right or go left.....being in the middle of the road like they're playing frogger won't carry forever, IMO.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Fow news lost it with its incessant obama hate during the election campaign

then claiming they are unbiased

small things like that

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I call fox news Unfair and Biased. I don't listen to a news agency including CNN who tout their opinions and DEMAND people agree with their point of view and if you don't they scream at you and call you an idiot and tell you to shut up. News medias today are tools for corporations and their agendas. Corporations being political parties who spew their propaganda all over TV. Its complete brainwashing. My parents watch fox news in every room of their house 24/7. They are blinded by the hate, angry retoric and mindnumbing negativity that comes off of these networks. Their total existence revolves around these morons. And they will scream at you and tell you your wrong for not thinking like them. Its sad really. They toted Ron Paul as a Crackpot, Unelectable, Unwinnable when he was the only candidate talking about real issues and whats wrong with this country. My generation 30's to 40's Hate politics. Were tired of CNN and Fox spewing lies all of the networks in fact. Its all an illusion. An illusion of choice. Our country is bought and paid for by corporate interests and the media is their tool. If you don't believe that SORRY YOUR STUPID AND BLIND. And I feel sad for you.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The Hatred That Many Have for Fox News is Simply Partisanship

Partisanship and extreme raging jealousy !!

The anti-Fox "crews" are sooooo mad because they can't seem to figure out a way to end the checks & balances system.

The Left says one thing, the Right counters and vise-versa.

But it does seem the Left is more hot headed and more often than not they use more diversionary tactics than the Right.

It's Jealousy mostly

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
FOX news is exactly why conservatives were shocked when Obama won.

FOX is the reason conservative America exists in a self made bubble that rejects reality
on a regular basis.

And the big government security apparatus that is now apart of the American way was
first sold by Fox News. If Fox didn't do the bidding of the conservative political establishment
the Patriot Act, Gitmo, Warrantless wire taps and all the other, liberty eroding policies would have
been opposed and never put into effect. Today's security apparatus was erected by Fox, they laid the
cement and created the blue print.

Fox news ensures that conservative America remains slightly retarded and self deluded.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
OP, I totally disagree. I try to be neutral, politically, as far as having an open mind to a good argument for or against a subject. Each subject stands or falls on its own. And I have seen far too many times when Fox takes things out of context, uses bits and pieces to back a faulty argument, and then find out what was said was not the intent as it was taken out of context. I have seen just outright lies, and they are lies simply because the speaker knows the truth but wants to get his or her point across and uses falsity to back it up. This is outrageous in journalism, from the left or the right! I want the truth. I want unbiased information. Are the other channels guilty? At times, yes, but from what I have seen, Fox is above and beyond in the way of falseness. They do not seem to be open minded or neutral by any means. If I am partisan, its partisan for the truth.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Imagine something folks.

If all we had for information was FOX, then all we'd know is;
Fast & Furious
The Obama administration is corrupt
They cheat a the polls during the election
Obama hates Israel
Foodstamps at a record number
The economy sucks
Jobs are gone
Dollar is dropping
Country is going down the tubes
We all gonna die.

If all we had was MSNBC;
Republicans are whiny and greedy
Country is going strong
The ME has issues
Obama is trying to repair the damage wraught by the GOP
Jobs are improving
We're moving Forward.

We need both since an unbiased network does not exist.

In my humble. . . .

or you could just watch cspan skip all the bull and avoid all the ridiculous justifications you have to make for watching that garbage
ive been watching cspan for a while now and find it to be fairly unbiased (as in good luck trying to guess the political leanings of their reporters interviewers and hosts)
edit on 18-11-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I don't watch FOX and so know little about it, but I thought I'd take a look at the charges that FOX was Banned from Canada for lying, and that FOX could lie because they're "infotainment."

Snopes says the Canada charges or "rumor" is false. I couldn't cut and paste the article but here it is. www.snopes.com...
Among other things, Snopes points out that FOX is carried in Canada by dozens of different digital providers, and the regulations don't even apply to non-Canadian broadcaters.

And here is someone's interpretation of the FOX ruling on lying:

A Florida Appeals court ruled there is absolutely nothing illegal about lying, concealing or distorting information by a major press organization. The court reversed the $425,000 jury verdict in favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information. The ruling basically declares it is technically not against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news on a television broadcast.
I would think that would relieve just about every major news source out there. Larry Flynt has used the same First Amendment principle in his cartoons and stories attacking people. The same can be said for every source to one degree or another.
www.librarygrape.com...

It seems that the opposition to FOX is based on the idea that "Well, they lie more than my favorite channel." A claim difficult at best to support with solid evidence. Perhaps conservatives will tolerate FOX's "misstatements," and liberals will tolerate those from other channels. It sounds like ideological blindness to me.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Yep you heard it

I was reading a few threads on ATS and alot of people are bashing Fox News
They laugh that Fox News was your source? HAHAHAHA and posts like that

But how come these same people don't say that about MSNBC or CNN?

MSNBC is a horrible news station, maybe Dylan Ratigan is sometimes good but other than that it's SUCKS!!!
So why do they only hate Fox?

I'll tell you why... it's because though MSNBC spreads propoganda all the time it's liberal commentary so it's fine!

Same thing like all those who hated Bush for what they considered as war crimes now give Obama the pass after he expanded the war into the entire middle east after campaigning as a peace candidate.

Some people really really need a reality check
And some consider themselves skeptics yet still behave like this

edit on Sat Nov 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

The election will be a landslide for Romney! He will win 300+ electoral votes, and 3-4% in the popular vote.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Not true. I reckon FOX is awsome. Where else can we get incredible entertainment. Take a look at just 2 of its anchors. Hannity and Billy Boy O'Reilly. I've made loads off pools run on how many times Hannity will bag out the Dems in any given hour and Billy Boy (or should that be bully boy .................. sheesh, it's hard to think that this [in my humble opinion], pushy maggot actually was permitted to teach). Just the memory of this coward, or that's how he came across, being put in his place by Jesse Ventura is sooooo sweet. And look at what else FOX gives us. Little blonde "hotties" that try to give the impression that they know what they're actually talking about. And acting, wow! do you remember the bad guy in a tv series that made you cringe? They must be some really good actor to do that. Well take a look at say "the five" surely they must be acting to come out with some of the faeces that dribbles out of their mouths. And even looking at the statistics that came out of how FOX was anything but unbiased against the dems, it's fun to compare the one eyed rhetoric of the would be if they could be "stars" of FOX.

So, do I hate Fox? not on your nelly. It's a fantastic chanel to watch. And if you really want to find out the truth, I reckon you could simply listen to what Hannity or his running mate Bill O'Reilly say and think the opposite.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
Fox just happens to be one of the most obviously biased.

... says the person who must never have watched MSNBC.

Seriously .. it's the absolute worst. True .. FOX leans right and CNN leans left.
But MSNBC .. it's an absolute JOKE. A bad one at that.

Originally posted by LastProphet527
MSNBC tells the truth about the world and politics, and they try there very best to educate the truth to the puppets and extreme programmed sheeple.

Got news for you ... (using your own words to make the point) .... MSNBC does NOT tell the truth about the world and politics and they don't try to educate people .. they try to program puppets and sheeple. It's VERY obvious.

edit on 11/18/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Before I school you. Let me ask you something first.

Do you watch Fox news? Are you a fan of Bill O? Shawn H. and Fox and friends?
Do you think they are speaking the truth? For a moment lets forget about these left wing based news outlets.

I have no desire to put my foot in my mouth, and assume to much before I get these straight up answers.

I can say this though. Fox news= Right wing agenda.
CNN. MSNBC= left wing agenda.
These truths are common sense. So yeah, its true other 24 hour news stations are bias. All of them are bias.

The real question is, Do you watch Fox news and get your information from Fox news? Do you support Fox news?

Or are you playing devils advocate here?

Once I have the answers to these questions I can then address you properly.
As a thread like this WILL evoke knee jerk reactions.. So allow me to give you the benefit of the doubt here, and please answer my questions.. With all due respect. It is important that I know where you stand before I go any further here. Less I get baited, or take you the wrong way.

But so you know ahead of time.. I HATE fox news, and it has nothing to do with their right wing Bias.
And I will explain why once I know where you honestly stand on these questions I have asked you.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join