It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred That Many Have for Fox News is Simply Partisanship

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You title is exactly right.
We hate FOX because it's partisan.
And nonsense.
Why is everything everyday an ALERT !!! on FOX?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
You title is exactly right.
We hate FOX because it's partisan.
And nonsense.
Why is everything everyday an ALERT !!! on FOX?

It's called sensationalism. Attach a sense of urgency regardless of the topic, add an attractive blond to tell you about the "alert", play off of the emotional inadequacy of the viewer and you have a recipe guaranteed to draw in the unintelligent masses.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The posters that absolutely hate, abhor, debase FOX are the same ones that adhere to a progressive agenda.

Just an interesting observation.

Motive, perhaps for the hate?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The posters that absolutely hate, abhor, debase FOX are the same ones that adhere to a progressive agenda.

Why does someone necessarily adhere to a progressive agenda if they disagree with Fox? You actually illustrate one of the tactics used by Fox....disagree with them, they label you a liberal progressive commie.

Can you comment on the facts brought against Fox? For example, as pointed out in the video I posted earlier, how can Fox be considered a news outlet when they have openly endorsed, financed and promoted protests and actions in direct opposition of the US Government?

By definition, that would make Fox a political action organization, not a news source.

Beezer, you know better and you know Fox is garbage.
edit on 17-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Hatred That Many Have on Fox News is Simply Partisanship

Yep they don't like competition, they don't want any opinions out there other than their own it is their way or the highway.

Partisanship from those who claim to be liberal, who claim to be unbiased from those who go around claim fair shot fair play, and all that rubbish
edit on 17-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Why does someone necessarily adhere to a progressive agenda if they disagree with Fox? You actually illustrate one of the tactics used by Fox....disagree with them, they label you a liberal progressive commie.

No. You're categorising me now. I just pointed out that those who hold a progressive agenda, hate Fox. As seen just on this thread alone. Are you saying that it is not true? I never stated liberal-progressive-commie.

I just stated those that hold to a progressive agenda.

Can you comment on the facts brought against Fox? For example, as pointed out in the video I posted earlier, how can Fox be considered a news outlet when they have openly endorsed, financed and promoted protests and actions in direct opposition of the US Government?

By definition, that would make Fox a political action organization, not a news source.

Are we going to nitpick and go back and forth with purile examples by both media establishments? If so, please defend MSNBC's use of the race card.

Or do you not want to be "fair and balanced"?

Beezer, you know better and you know Fox is garbage.
edit on 17-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

As stated in a previous post, FOX provides for one side, MSNBC for the other.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

i dont know if you mean me,?
but i tend to think "the truth" is more important than bias,
and "the facts" are more important than bias
and that "anyone" who goes to court to support the right to "misinform"

should not be called "news"
so call it FOX (fine)
but call it fox NEWS (is not ok)

it is ILLEGAL in my country to "knowingly" transmit false or "intentionally misleading" information in the format of NEWS

this law is to prevent people from being "manipulated"

xploder

edit on 17-11-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

i dont know if you mean me,?
but i tend to think "the truth" is more important than bias,
and "the facts" are more important than bias
and that "anyone" who goes to court to support the right to "misinform"

should not be called "news"
so call it FOX (fine)
but call it fox NEWS (is not ok)

it is ILLEGAL in my country to "knowingly" transmit false or "intentionally misleading" information in the format of NEWS

this law is to prevent people from being "manipulated"

xploder

edit on 17-11-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

I'm not picking on you or anyone else.

Just making an observation. I see a correlation between political ideology and preference to a certain news outlet.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My question would be why would anyone want to watch Fox, or MSNBC or any "news" programs at all? They all are trash.

CJ

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by beezzer

My question would be why would anyone want to watch Fox, or MSNBC or any "news" programs at all? They all are trash.

CJ

Because it enforces a pre-existing opinion.

The "news" agrees with "me".

People tend to drift towards subjects that adhere to their beliefs.

About the best answer I could provide.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Agreed. Birds of a feather, or something like that. BTW, I am going to have nightmares after really taking a look at your avatar. That is one seriously hideous "person".

CJ

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
as one has already said, fox calls themselves entertainment. that allows them to lie with impunity. they even went to court on this and one. the judges stated that since they call themselves entertainment, they do not have to follow journalistic standards. remember the republican rep. mark foley busted for sexting teen male pages? whne the story broke on fox, they purposely changed his party affiliation when his picture was shown to that of a democrat. and he is not the only one they did that too. that is just one example.

i am on the left, i admit. i do not care for those on my side who bend the truth either. when one of ours does so, i am just as pissed at them.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
All mainstream media is filtered. MSNBC just happens to be one of the most obviously biased. Why do you think it's such a favorite channel amongst the left-wing?

There fixed it for you. See how that works?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hahaha, hadn't gotten to your post yet. Great minds think alike.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Just because you believe it doesn't make it so. Here watch this:

Ooops, look like CNN is busted.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
No other cable news channel has fought harder to lie to the American public than Fox News. This Right Wing propaganda machine would give Joseph Goebbels a run for his money. That's why Fox News is banned in Canada.

The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

Source

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I guess they didn't see this one either.. On MSNBC of all places they discover that nuts with of cross hairs over Scott Walker, calling him Hitler, etc didn't any anywhere near the airplay similar signs by nuts on the tea-party did.

Oddly they admit that similar signs by the tea party would be all over the news..and wonder why these are not ..

Guess what conclusion they come to?? Liberal bias.

Of course Fox is bias toward the right, just as MSNBC is biased to the left. Both lie and both slant the news toward what the reporters and producers want you to believe about whatever the topic is..

edit on 17-11-2012 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
The Hatred That Many Have on Fox News is Simply Partisanship

Yep they don't like competition, they don't want any opinions out there other than their own it is their way or the highway.

Partisanship from those who claim to be liberal, who claim to be unbiased from those who go around claim fair shot fair play, and all that rubbish
edit on 17-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

So says you. Most rational humans hate Fox news because it is garbage. Same reason most hate MSNBC.

CJ

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
MSNBC tells the truth about the world and politics, and they try there very best to educate the truth to the puppets and extreme programmed sheeple.

FOX news love the puppets and sheeple of the world, they understand how easy it is to MAKE....MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY.

MSNBC try’s to cut the strings and deprogram the populace who are really, well, not that bright.

Ummm.... ya sure...
You could not be further from the truth

Remember how Phil Donahue told Bill O'reilly: "Just because you are loud it doesn't make you right"
Well for MSNBC just because they can be over-emotional does not make them right.
It's the exact same tactic

You know what the number one problem of liberals is?
They believe in the word "free"
Free Education, Free this, free that. People need to understand that nothing is free
People act as if Govt. has this stash of money sitting there waiting to be used by the people without taking people's money. No Govt. is funded by YOU, there's nothing free.
And when you believe in redistribution of wealth where the redistubor is the most corrupt entity in the country MSNBC should be exposing all redistibution costs, embezzlements and how and why every entitlement system they support is bankrupt.

Second problem is the love they have for over-regulation.
If they really believe this much regulation and perhaps more is what the country needs then why not maintain that ideal by dealing with what threatens it.
Which is why do regulations create monopolies and loss of jobs.
Why did Obama put people that sent him buckets of buckets of money from mega corporations be appointed into execs of regulatory commities that regulate industries where that mega-corps deals in.

MSNBC does NOTHING to educate the people, they are only there to spread propaganda all day everyday.
Do you think the below really was an attempt at EDUCATING SHEEP?

OR

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hahaha, hadn't gotten to your post yet. Great minds think alike.

May I throw up now?

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join