It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hatred That Many Have for Fox News is Simply Partisanship

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Yep you heard it

I was reading a few threads on ATS and alot of people are bashing Fox News
They laugh that Fox News was your source? HAHAHAHA and posts like that

But how come these same people don't say that about MSNBC or CNN?

MSNBC is a horrible news station, maybe Dylan Ratigan is sometimes good but other than that it's SUCKS!!!
So why do they only hate Fox?

I'll tell you why... it's because though MSNBC spreads propoganda all the time it's liberal commentary so it's fine!

Same thing like all those who hated Bush for what they considered as war crimes now give Obama the pass after he expanded the war into the entire middle east after campaigning as a peace candidate.

Some people really really need a reality check
And some consider themselves skeptics yet still behave like this

edit on Sat Nov 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

I personally do not trust much of "mainstream media'. HOWEVER, that being said I also can state that FOX news has had polls and studies done where full time FOX news viewers were less informed than other news sources.

While all news has some degree of bias and twisting (mostly due to it's CORPORATE influence rather than a "liberal agenda") FOX news is overly blatent in how it presents news, what it reports on and HOW it reports it. It's "fox and Friends" have been repeatedly caught in lies and just plain ignorant statements.

The thing is.. anyone who watches ONLY one news source (and it is intersting that the majority of Conservatives choose to watch FOX over other media, 99% of their viewing time). is going to only be getting part of the picture.

If I met someone who said that they ONLY watch FOX news and then proceeded to spout some story or viewpoint they heard on FOX I would seriously question the validity of their information!.

I scan a variety of mainstream news sources and try and find some source that was reliable. Sometimes that is hard to do. Yet if I watch a Right wing and then an obvious "left wing" source I SOMETIMES can determine some level of "truth" in the middle.. (but this is not always the best approach).

It is vital that EVERYONE understand Critical thinking and learn their LOGICAL FALLACIES. You MUST be armed understanding Fallacies in reasoning if you are going to get at the truth!!.

Fox does deserve much criticism... but so does MSNBC and CNN

But again.. it is more about Corporate influence and the manipulation of public opinion that is the problem!.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
They know MSNBC is just as bad though.

No one who bashes Fox, uses MSNBC or CNN as a source.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I rarely use TV news as a source.

The main problem is, that once you come out from the umbrella of Fox -- everyone looks like a Left wing marxist. CNN is just corporate news -- it pushes the similar memes to Fox, just with a lighter touch. Even NPR makes sure it does not offend and treats right wing info as equivalent.

And before people say that Rachel Maddow is awful -- they need some sourced proof of her putting out misinformation. It's easy to find such things about Fox. But I don't expect much maturity or intellectual honesty from this thread, because if you can't figure how messed up Fox News is -- you aren't ever going to figure out much of anything.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I could post several youtube videos to show you why fox news sucks
but i'm not going to do that, because you'll just make excuses, or somehow blame the liberal media for their garbage reporting
There has been poll after poll done showing fox news viewers are among the most uninformed, the circus they allowed to happen with Karl Rove election night was a disgrace to news.
edit on 21-11-2012 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

<< 8  9  10   >>

join