It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World´s Largest Amateur Built Rocket Motor ( with Video )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The World´s Largest Amateur Built Rocket Motor ( with Video )

translate.google.dk

Hallo ATS.

Not the biggest News in the world from little Denmark, but anyways "The association Copenhagen Suborbitals firing the world's largest amateur-built rocket motor TM-65, nicknamed "Tordenskjold ( "lightning shield " )"

Since the group started in 2008 has performed numerous tests and launches, but with the new large engine, the goal is within reach.

Thumps Up from me too them.

the orginal danish text : www.electronic-supply.dk...

Link to the Amateurs homepage. if want more info on them : www.copenhagensuborbitals.com... ( the rigth one ) www.dark.dk... ( not much on this beside, the History of Danish Amateur Rocket Club )

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-11-2012 by kadara_dk because: missing some text.

edit on 17-11-2012 by kadara_dk because: link to the amateur webside.

edit on 17-11-2012 by kadara_dk because: fixed extra link

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If USA ( Obama ) desides too shut down NASA.

People should start there own new "amateur" Nasa. if some people in Danmark can, so can people do it in the USA ;D

Hope u all enjoy this little Flare from little Denmark ( In the EU )

IF MODS THINK THIS IS BETTER IN ANOTHER FORUM. Then Move to the right one.

LINK to video : www.bt.dk...

translate.google.dk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-11-2012 by kadara_dk because: about mods move threads

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Sounds like a wonderful idea. That is until a few crash into buildings and or houses

Would you really feel safe knowing a bunch of amateur wannabe astronaughts might be flying over your house at any point?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Makes ya wanna jump in and reach for the sky

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I clicked on the video link,

and there was this popup, says this page is in Danish do you want to translate it,

so I clicked yes...

But the audio on the video still did not sound like English?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Sounds like a wonderful idea. That is until a few crash into buildings and or houses

Would you really feel safe knowing a bunch of amateur wannabe astronaughts might be flying over your house at any point?

And its this simple idea that will keep us forever bound to this planet. Fear. Fear of the unkown, the disasters, the setbacks, the failures and the death. When we first set sail in the seas, we lost ships, we lost men and women, we got lost and got marooned on islands, marooned in the middle of the sea. People died. Now, as we dip our toes into the sea of space, we must expect the exact same failures, the same setbacks and the same opportunity for death.

The ultimate goal? Well, with seven billion and counting, finite resources and possibility for open thermonuclear war; I say its pretty simple to see. We need to get off this rock and it won't be NASA that gets us there.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

hehe very funny.

if you want so, i can write down all the voice in the video and translate it to english

a little help at first he says: start engine ( something about Start ) 7, 6, 5, 4 and its starts fireing....

after Fireing says one : Cool ( Sejt )

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kadara_dk

Oh, thanks for that.

Must be a problem with my browser, running Chrome.

What a great garage built project!

Good for them to make something so cool. We used to launch model rockets when we were kids, never tried to make the engines ourselves, wow.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Kristian von Bengtson and Peter Madsen are the main people behind the organization and development of the rocket.

Peter Madsen who is behind this rocket. has build his own ( amateur ) submarine ( fore 1 person ).
i am trying to find some more stuff about this submarine
and talking about facing fear and when he is putting his life on the line up too, how good his enginer skill is.

like the Vikings and Nasa and all the people before them overcoming ther fears fore DEATH and go out in the big harmful world

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I guess then, that when they build this rocket, for launch purposes, they are going to have to make the engine size larger to account for the man with a drum,who beats out the oar rythmn, right?

So... in seriousness now, do you know when they are due to try to launch a modest vehicle using this rocket motor? I must assume there is a plan to do so, since they essentially have completed a test of the hard part, that is engineering a decent rocket motor.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Its terrorist activity in the USA.
ask Billy Bob

disregard if this has already been posted

new topics

top topics

join