It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for wearing watch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Common sense and discretion are obviously traits that a lot of TSA staff don't seem to possess.

Quite appalling that this man was arrested and locked up merely because (of all things) his watch might have, possibly, potentially been used as an explosive device.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Its probably more than their job is worth to use discretion and deviate even ever so slightly from the rigid rules they have to abide by. If they are caught, they would most likely lose their job, and have to endure the same humiliating experiences they put people through so they can put food on their table and feed their families.

And the sad thing is they see nothing wrong in what they are doing, because its "just a job". Like the people they mistreat on behalf of their psyco employers are not actually real and their feelings do not matter. Like all people in positions of power, they ignore their conscience and carry out what they must know deep down is wrong, just so their kids don't starve.

You could argue they are simply doing what is necessary in order to survive. That's probably how some see it, but there certainly are also people who do the job purely for the power trip. I will not go into a rant about them because I will be here for hours.

They just need to wake up and realise there are better ways to make a living, and they are contributing towards a negative system themselves or their family have no protection from, because it can just as easily screw any of them over. And when that happens, then they will understand, but it will be too late.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'd like to see what his watch looks like.

I guess i'll keep my $19 Casio after all.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

He wasn't arrested for nothing. He was arrested for having materials that could be used in a bomb. Fuses, timers, etc. Just because they didn't locate explosives, that doesn't mean he wasn't planning something. Did you catch the bit about his over-sized shoes, and the many layers of "insoles"? For all we know, those are explosives, and simply some new type. At the least, this clown was testing the system, to see what could be gotten away with.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Free publicity, not sure if intentional or not, but this is exactly what he would want.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is sad.

Airports are fascism central.

It's ridiculous for him to not think there would be a negative reaction, and it was equally as ridiculous that such a reaction occurred. You can always count on the unintelligent to behave as such.....

Oh Murica what have you become?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
He posted bail of 150,000 and supposedly no charges were filed as they were dropped. There is a picture on this article of the watch. Although it is crazy looking we can't continue to just slam every poor soul to the floor and throw them in jail because they don't fit the norm...

oakland-man-suspected-wearing-soph isticated-bomb-watch
edit on 19-11-2012 by HellstormRising because: not sure whats wrong with link

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

I retract some of my previous statement now that I've actually seen the watch. I would have detained his butt too, it doesn't get much more suspicious than that.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

He wasn't arrested for nothing. He was arrested for having materials that could be used in a bomb. Fuses, timers, etc. Just because they didn't locate explosives, that doesn't mean he wasn't planning something. Did you catch the bit about his over-sized shoes, and the many layers of "insoles"? For all we know, those are explosives, and simply some new type. At the least, this clown was testing the system, to see what could be gotten away with.

this post is disgusting

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
artist should take train next time

the rules of flying have changed forever, and no you do not have a "right" to fly commercially any way you feel like it

That's not the argument here. The argument here is that this man is being held and charged with something based on perception - something ALL Americans are now subjected to.

Under these paranoid rules any person in the USA can now be held without charge, indefinitely, because you have a watch on your wrist, a clock in your home, cleaning chemicals under the sink... if all they need is to be able to state that it is possible that something *could* be used to make *part* of an explosive device, that can include anything.

The wires to your speakers could be used - you're guilty
The tape in your kitchen drawer could be used - you're guilty
The plastic lunch box you use could be the housing for a device - you're guilty
The gas flowing into your kitchen could be used - you're guilty

There is a never ending list of things that we all have that could be theoretically used in such a device, and yet you have no problem with people being arrested and detained for this?

If a watch - even when proven not to be dangerous - can be used as cause for detaining someone like this, then your entire system is corrupt to the core.

Welcome to 1984.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
LOL you have retards working in police stations ,retards working at the tsa and retards running your county.. LOL

I don't really feel sorry for Americans as you keep voting for full retard .

Only a "retard" would believe in the electoral system in the first place, as if the choice between two other "retards" matters.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

He was kinda asking for it if you ask me.

But they should've let him go right away after they had established that he had no explosives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join