It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt bus crash kills 47 children near Manfalut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

At least 47 children aged four to six years old have been killed after their school bus was hit by a train in central Egypt, officials said.

The bus was carrying about 60 children from a nursery school when it was hit by a train near Manfalut, 350km (230 miles) south of Cairo.

Distraught families are searching for the remains of their loved ones along the tracks.

www.bbc.co.uk...

How awful...

My most extreme sentiments and thoughts go out to all those involved in this.

It must be a horrific scene, especially to be searching along the track for your loved ones...

Terrible..

Transport minister and head of state railway authority have resigned, not that that helps much, but I can feel the heartfelt pain on all sides of this tragedy.

May the pain pass swiftly, and the children rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Goodness sake!, that driver should have looked where he was going!! ohh
bloody hell!

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
My heart goes out to all the parents. It's sad that once our children grow up, their lives end up spread across among the hands of others. I can only imagine how horrific this may have been.

What a way to start a beautiful morning, but for some reason reading a story such as this has a way of making one feel depressed. Really wish I wasn't an empath sometimes.

R.I.P to all those who died.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

It's events like this that really hit home.

Makes you wonder why certain adults got to war with each other or stitch each other over a percentage..

Instead of making the world a place we can all live and play safely, we get resignations and mess like this due to the adults not coming together as one.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The number is 50 now.

Utterly horrific.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Apparently, the reason for the accident was that the man in charge of the crossing was asleep..

He has been arrested.

What a terrible mess.

top topics

join