It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hatred for the Israelis?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
There is a general odour of Israeli hatred on this forum recently and to be honest I am a bit perplexed as to why this is so.The Jews were driven out of Europe after the second World War because no country wanted to harbour them so they were forced to settle on land that was not historically theirs. These people have to live somewhere right? Then people get on their backs when they strike the Palastinians after being bombarded by rocket attacks, these Palestinians hide behind Civilians and with cowardly acts of indescriminatley showering rockets on Jewish settlements. Are Israel not allowed to defend themselves? If Israel were just left be there would be no aggression, but they get attacked from all sides and their neighbours have been quite open about wanting to wipe Israel off the map. Is this really fair? I for one have sympathy for the Israeli people.

This is a very poor, short-sided view on the situation. You've done NO research and are taking what the media tells you as 100% truth. You'd think that people would have figured this stuff out by now. NOPE.

Israel is responsible for some SERIOUS Human rights violations that go beyond Nazi aggression. You're NOT aware of this, because you only study what already fits into your world-view or schematics.

No one should hate anyone, but, the reason why that hate exists is because of the VERY NASTY tactics that Israel has used against other nations.

You'd better do some research outside of your PERSONAL BELIEFS.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
religion

made up stuff people kill for

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
religion

It isn't hard to do
And no religion too

Scoping the Israel Palestine conflict as just being religious betrays the legitimate struggle for independence, freedom and land. Israelis aren't killing Palestinians because they're Muslim and Palestinians aren't killing Israel because they're Jews.

Knowing Israel, the sale of music CDs is probably banned for Palestinians, so I doubt they've heard the song. You could look up the conflict and what's happening to who and why, then you might grow up past idealistic "War is bad" responses.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Having lived and worked in Israel many years, I was taught first hand by Sabras how to deal with it. I stay away from these people and do my best not to associate with them. And I have a legal CWP for my Jericho if all else fails.
It has always been that way and it will always be that way. As you can see it the many posted videos, as soon as the " All Clear " sirens are heard people go right back to what they were doing, totally unaffected. It was always absolutely amazing to see in person how tough these people really are. During the many bombings in the 90s,
many of the business, as soon as the Crime Scene unit was finished, they cleaned up and reopened for business.
Even though a tragedy occurred just a few hours before, they refused to give in to the threat of terrorism.
edit on 17-11-2012 by flatbush71 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I don't hate Israelis, I hate their government and anyone who supports their government.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

But if the Palestinians weren't locked in a cage, maybe they wouldn't be so crazy to elect radical parties like Hammas?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
religion

It isn't hard to do
And no religion too

Scoping the Israel Palestine conflict as just being religious betrays the legitimate struggle for independence, freedom and land. Israelis aren't killing Palestinians because they're Muslim and Palestinians aren't killing Israel because they're Jews.

Knowing Israel, the sale of music CDs is probably banned for Palestinians, so I doubt they've heard the song. You could look up the conflict and what's happening to who and why, then you might grow up past idealistic "War is bad" responses.

you're right, it's the idea of country as well. the point is if it we all saw each other as a brotherhood of man, and there were no labels of palestinian or isreali, we wouldn't have all the hate

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
All I can say is, until you have been there and lived there, day after day, year after year, and learned the real facts and not the B.S. you see in the news. You will never have a full understanding of the circumstances that both sides
have to deal with. I went at the start of Oslo Accords believing some kind of peace was possible, billions of U.S. tax payer dollars were wasted on the Palestinian Authority, most all of it was stolen by Arafat and his cronies.
We provided weapons and security / military training to the PA only to have it used against us as well as the Israelis. Ehud Barak offered everything they wanted and they still refused. They only want war, all the land and the death of all Jews. How can you negotiate with people that have that kind of mind set ?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A rare history lesson: The truth about Israel and Palestine

communities.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
There is a general odour of Israeli hatred on this forum recently and to be honest I am a bit perplexed as to why this is so.The Jews were driven out of Europe after the second World War because no country wanted to harbour them so they were forced to settle on land that was not historically theirs. These people have to live somewhere right? Then people get on their backs when they strike the Palastinians after being bombarded by rocket attacks, these Palestinians hide behind Civilians and with cowardly acts of indescriminatley showering rockets on Jewish settlements. Are Israel not allowed to defend themselves? If Israel were just left be there would be no aggression, but they get attacked from all sides and their neighbours have been quite open about wanting to wipe Israel off the map. Is this really fair? I for one have sympathy for the Israeli people.

oh really ! so advise the Israel regime to stop it's genocides !! and spend the money for it's citizens !!! do you know that Israeli citizens fired themselves because of economical problems !?!
while after the defeat of Hitler there were no hatred against Jews, they were thrown out of EU and many other countries to migrate to a land that is the holy land of all monotheistic religions. but soon the project of Israel started and it occupied other's lands and contrary to international laws, it is still spreading. someone should stop this overindulgent child of UK kingdom and USA !

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

White people had a lot of places to live too, yet for some reason taking over pretty much all of North America didn't seem like a bad idea, and does anyone really talk about the people who originally inhabited North America?

If palestinians are squatters then so is the entire population of North America, as their ancestors truly didn't occupy Washinton, or Ottawa.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa
A rare history lesson: The truth about Israel and Palestine
communities.washingtontimes.com...

Judaism is a religion neither a race nor a nationality !
they mean no jews converted to Christianity and none of them converted to Islam or vice versa ! it is odd !!
you know what is
when those atheists politicians speak about God and religions !!!!! they mean we should throw out international laws and just read the history of Judaism !!!!!!! when they speak about religion and God I become sure that they have something evil in their minds in this new Medieval !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 17-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Very good point !! Being mostly Native American this is exactly the reason I believed that the Accords should be given a lengthy chance of working. One day during a break, Shimon Peres, knowing of my heritage, said to me "
Maybe you will come away with a better understanding of the dilemma your people ( Cherokee ) had when dealing with President Andrew Jackson and U.S. Government. " I replied if that is the case, then only the strong will survive, as there is no point in negotiating.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by flatbush71
All I can say is, until you have been there and lived there, day after day, year after year, and learned the real facts and not the B.S. you see in the news. You will never have a full understanding of the circumstances that both sides
have to deal with. I went at the start of Oslo Accords believing some kind of peace was possible, billions of U.S. tax payer dollars were wasted on the Palestinian Authority, most all of it was stolen by Arafat and his cronies.
We provided weapons and security / military training to the PA only to have it used against us as well as the Israelis. Ehud Barak offered everything they wanted and they still refused. They only want war, all the land and the death of all Jews. How can you negotiate with people that have that kind of mind set ?

well said...the old adadge "until you walk in their shoes".......should be a thoughtful consideration for all of the israel haters.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Got nothing but love for Israel. But I have nothing but hate for what I'm seeing them doing right now. There are smarter ways to deal with this Hamas.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever

If that's your response, you obviously don't understand the term ethnic cleansing.

Actually, YOUR response shows you havent the required understanding of the term. If you did, you would know that although you can find a neat description of ethnic cleansing on many humanitarian sites, you will not find a codified and complete description in the only place that matters.

That place of course, is the International Criminal Court. Even thier lawbooks are vauge and unhelpful when attempting to aquire a proper description of this crime. Some in the UN think that it should be simply bunched together with the term genocide, and others believe that there ought to be a more complex (and therefore harder to prove) description. The preference for the more complex description of course, means that since it is harder to prove, the ICC can be given a more mobile hand in dealing with it. Unfortunately this might not be a good thing, because it often means one thing for one group of accused parties, and a totaly different thing for another.

However, you cannot deny that Israels various military organisations have done the following things:

1)It has forcibly ejected, over many years, huge numbers of Palestinian non-combatants from thier homes, businesses, and land.

2)It has looted vast quantities of religiously and culturally significant items from the people it displaced.

3)It has done these things via not just the threat of violence, but indeed has performed massacres when it encountered resistance.

4)It has also killed by either design or brutal lack of concern, people from various nations who have protested, and/or acted to prevent such actions on the part of the Israeli government, and its military.

These are all facts, a matter of historical record. You may not have come across them, but they are none the less part of history, and not up for debate. With these facts in mind, it is important to realise that the currently accepted versions of the description of ethnic cleansing, include reference to the displacement of people from thier homes, and businesses, and lands, by either threat of violence, or the use of it. They also include reference to the taking of trophies and possessions from those who are being displaced.

I believe that it is only the ICC's lack of ability, or desire, to comprehensively describe what is, and what is not ethnic cleansing, that allows Israel to continue its DECADES long campaign against the Palestinians. I believe that if the ICC were forced to codify the law on this matter, then Israels leadership, going back quite some time, would be up before that court, and tried over thier behavior.

Now, to clarify one other thing.

I believe that Israel has a right to DEFEND itself against attack. Any nation has that right, and its leadership have that responsibility to thier people. That point has never been in question.

However,the Israelis are the worlds foremost designers and manufacturers of anti missile technology, and for ten years now, they have had the technology to make thier borders absolutely, one hundred and ten percent missile safe. The reason they have not installed the infalliable systems that they have created there, is that they could not justify thier outrageous, over the top, senselessly brutal and inexcuseable treatment of the Palestinian civillian population, thier expansions or any of thier other barbarisms, without the "threat" of rocket attack as a political device to accumulate sympathy and understanding.

The responses to the frankly minimal threat posed by Palestinian rockets have been largely devastating, and utterly uncompromising, despite the fact that the reason that they are under threat has rather less to do with Palestine, or its residents (combatant or not), than it has to do with the Israeli governments desire to appear as if they are merely preventing the death of thier citizens, by piling up the bodies of the citizens of Palestine.

Because Israel have the capacity to make themselves safe WITHOUT killing Palestinian civillians, the fact that they continue to do so, cannot be explained without resorting to discussing the possibility that the Israeli government are STILL in the process of ethnically cleansing as much of Palestine as they can.

Another thing to say is that killing one terrorist with a airstrike might be effective, but it causes far too much collateral damage, something which I for one protest about, no matter who does it, or why.
If you cannot take a target cleanly, then you shouldnt be taking it at all. Its not right when Israel do it, when the US do it,or when the UK does it. It is a pointless, and avoidable situation to put ones national honour in, and those that order it, and perform it, should be bloody well ashamed of themselves.

I have no hatred for Israel, the nation, or Israel the people. Its governments behavior, callous as it is though? That I hate.
edit on 17-11-2012 by TrueBrit because: Add reply line.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

BOY! Every time a thread comes up like this, several people all ways get banned.

Just waiting for the 'SPECIEL ATTENTION'…THIS IS AN 'ATS EXCLUSIVE ALERT'… DONT TALK ABOUT THE JEWS' for the hundredth time in 3 months.

edit on 17-11-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

You are just too easy.

Ethnic cleansing is a policy designed by one ethnic or religious group to purposely remove by violent and terror-inspiring means as well as deportation and killing the civilian population of another ethnic or religious group from certain geographic areas.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Are you dizzy?

You live in a land owned by Israel, they're screwing you over yet you keep defending them.

What kind of punks use their own countrymen and tribe as human shields?

What kind of animals keep human trophies?

And then wait for some baby and its mom to get killed so they can parade their dead bodies in front to TV crews for emotional explotation?

Who killed them?

Go spread your propaganda elsewhere....give yourself a face palm while you are at it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by purplemer

Strange that the Gaza Strip has the sixth highest population growth rate in the world, if they're under genocide.

www.cia.gov... Strip&countryCode=gz®ionCode=mde&rank=6#gz

Or the Israelis suck at it?

Or people don't know what the word genocide actually means.

That's because the Gaza strip keeps getting smaller...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join