It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hatred for the Israelis?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by purplemer
It is illegal to use in civilian areas and a crime under international law...

how can they be civilian areas when they are used by Hamas terrorists to attack israel from?

There is no coming back from ignorance such as this.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sicksicksick

Originally posted by Allenb83
Many of them could have spread out all over the world if they wanted to. They could have even gone to America. Nobody forced them to settle on the land that for a thousand years previous was the palestinians.

Can you show me a map of this country known as Palestine which, according to you, existed for 1000 years? Because I'm intrigued.

Why am I intrigued? Because I'm of the impression that the area where Israel is now situated was part of Ottoman Syria until the Ottomans were defeated by the British in WWI and that all the states around Israel - Lebanon, Jordan, the Palestinian Authorty, the Gaza Strip, modern Syria and parts of Turkey and Iraq - were also, just like Israel, carved out of Ottoman Syria.

But you and your fellow pro-"Palestinians" keep banging on about there once being an ancient Palestinian nation state in that area which suddenly ceased to exist when the nasty Jews came along and annexed it.

I want you to provide prove of that - now - in the form of a map. Also, if you can, give me a list of all of the leaders who once ruled this Palestinian state.

edit on 18-11-2012 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2012 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

The map showing Palestine is on the back or front flaps of many editions of the Bible.

edit on 18-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sicksicksick
There's always an excuse for the "Palestinians" more like. They can kill as many Israeli civilians as they like and don't get hit by UN resolutions.

There is always excuses for the Israelis also. How many Israelis have actually been killed compared to the Palestinians killed over the last 65 years? Israel broke the UN mandate that was drawn up pre WW2 concerning any peopleon the land which is modern day Israel. As much as Palestinians are going about things the wrong way, what else can they do? Be blockaded for the rest of eternity because they will not bowel to Israel and the west?

If China were to come to Australia, block me in a 50 mile annexed piece of land, I would be pissed also and would find every resource to kill as many of the goo bags as I could.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Under this broad, regional and not political definition of Palestine, wouldn't the Jewish people be considered "Palestinian" also?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
EXCUSE ME???

You wrote that Israel (Palestine) was not the original homeland of the Jews.

Jews have lived in Israel for well over 3200 years up to the present. While they were not always in control or the majority, they have lived there far longer than the "Palestinians" . Keep in mind that they Jews were subjugated by several conquerors, and taken away as slaves. Each time they were freed they returned to their home land.

Why were/are the Jews hated? Because of education. They must learn to read, write, and count. This made them superior in their apparent abilities to their Arab neighbors. Thus they indeed became bankers and successful business men. Thus they were and are hated for their education.

The Jews and the Irish are famous for taking land that was virtually all stones and sand, and turning it into a land of plenty. How did they do it? They took seaweed from the ocean, dried it and turned it into soil. Obvious this wasn't the whole approach, but it is significant in their success.

Remember the quote "From silken Samarkand to cedered Lebanon." (Hope I got that correct [from memory])
Anyway where are the ceder's of Lebanon these days? The King of Lebanon cut down all the ceders to sell to the Europeans for boats, and much of the soil ran off into the sea. What has Lebanon done to return to that previous natural glory? Very little. And this is another reason to hate the Jews. Jealousy.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

Well Now... that was an Interesting Opinion Post you wrote.

Can we try Sticking to Facts Perhaps?

Try this Tidbit of Interesting Investigative research, you might be Surprised by your Results.

Look up the Top Ten of the US Enemies, no make it 20.. ah Heck, lets do EVERY COUNTRY on the Planet.

See Who has had the MOST SPIES EXPELLED from the USA.

America's Ally , Israel.....or every country on the Planet Combined... Some Friend.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Whose land is it anyway?
www.paltelegraph.com...

The Canaanites and Philistines, who accepted Christianity during the Byzantine era, and subsequently Islam, are the same people who continued to inhabit the area until 1948, and for the last 4500 years. Thus, they are the legitimate autochthons of this land. Any forceful occupation of their land and denial of their rights should not be legitimized under any conditions whatsoever because it is the basic right of a nation to determine its fate. Due to the Zionist terrorism, and until 2002, there were 4.8 millions Palestinians living as refugees around the world and 1.6 millions in refugee camps in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, most of whom are direct descendents of the Canaanites and the Philistines who had once given this land its fame as the land of milk and honey.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Originally posted by michael1983l
Well if Hamas didn't hide amongst the civilians and launch rocket attacks from there, Israel would not be forced to fire back. Simple no?

Well if Israel wasn't there in the first place there would be no trouble on either end. You can't just come into a country and take it over and expect the world to not see you as a bad guy. Nice try.

True, Israel wasn't there but got created and apparently not very happy with the land it was given. So the big question of why this conflicts, hate, killings and bombings....? Maybe this map below might explain something

edit on 18-11-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
People keep slagging hamas saying they are starting it.

I'd be pretty pissed with the way israel has been treating them if I was them.

pretty easy to sit back and discuss who's right and wrong in this but the fact remains that when you watch members of your family and friends get killed and you see the tragedy unfolding in front of you day to day, after a while it stops mattering who started it, you're just going to want to get even.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Article is dated back in '08, but this why we can not support Israel in everything they do.

Palestinian activists routinely claim to be suffering a "shoah" at the hands of Israel, but the Jewish state normally denies any moral equivalence between the suffering of Palestinians today and European jewry under the Nazis. Matan Vilnai, deputy defence minister, broke that taboo when he used the term "shoah" during interview on Army Radio.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I don't mean to upset anyone here (though I know I will) with my response to this post and I do not in any way mean to push religion onto anyone. I simply want to point out to those willing to look back in time that the answer to "Why the hatred for the Israelis?" has been provided to you:

"“Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will now restore the fortunes of Jacob[d] and will have compassion on all the people of Israel, and I will be zealous for my holy name. 26 They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid. 27 When I have brought them back from the nations and have gathered them from the countries of their enemies, I will be proved holy through them in the sight of many nations. 28 Then they will know that I am the Lord their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind. 29 I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the people of Israel, declares the Sovereign Lord." Ezek. 39

"But now many nations are gathered against you.They say, “Let her be defiled, let our eyes gloat over Zion!”
But they do not know the thoughts of the Lord; they do not understand his plan, that he has gathered them like sheaves to the threshing floor." Micah 4

"The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person, declares: 'I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations." Zechariah 12

"When I have brought them back from the nations and have gathered them from the countries of their enemies, I will be proved holy through them in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind. Ezek. 39

"Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: In that day, when my people Israel are living in safety, will you not take notice of it? You will come from your place in the far north, you and many nations with you, all of them riding on horses, a great horde, a mighty army. You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I am proved holy through you before their eyes." Ezek. 38

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthLover557

I don't mean to upset anyone here (though I know I will) with my response to this post and I do not in any way mean to push religion onto anyone. I simply want to point out to those willing to look back in time that the answer to "Why the hatred for the Israelis?" has been provided to you:

"“Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will now restore the fortunes of Jacob[d] and will have compassion on all the people of Israel, and I will be zealous for my holy name. 26 They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid.

I strongly suspect that a lot more recent history, has much more to do with the current conflict and any anti Israeli sentiment.........rather than any Biblical text.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Why?

No offense, but I therefore strongly suspect you don't believe in God.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hmmm............not sure I am good or not.

Why the hatred for the Israelis?

Didn't we learn a bit from Jews, who sows who reaps?

Was it good and simple? or why we make a mess?

By the way, you can't say "why hatred for Jews" unless you can prove there are hatredS for the Jews.

If there are hatred from around the world for these another race so called Jews, then it is what it is.
What goes around comes around, it is in Kabbalah.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The Palestinians attack with rockets, Israel responds, yet the Palestinians are upset, BS! Israels neighbors will stop at nothing less than seeing the tiny nation of Israel driven into the sea! Too many think what's wrong is right and what's right is wrong in that region, you can't compromise with such hatred!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthLover557
reply to post by Logical one

Why?

No offense, but I therefore strongly suspect you don't believe in God.

Israel has been in the Holyland once before for a very short time according to a few people. They murdered there way back into palestine, broke UN mandates along the way and continue to get away with anything they choose including land grabbing. An example is shown in an earlier post.

In the late 1800's, the Zionist movement was created and from then on, Israel was a massive agenda for the Zionists. They didn't even recognise Palestinians as the natives of the country or to be more precise, as people to start with. They slowly weaseled their way in before committing a genocide against the palestinians. You can find evidence of this from the mouths of Israeli soldiers bac in the late 40's.

Ever since Israel has been established, they have used democracy to justify their actions. They continue to bluff the world, very similar to the US. The point is, Israel call "no fair" when it comes to Hamas and gaza yet they forget the very things they committed to push Palestinians out of the land in the first place.

Coming straight out of the Holocaust, you would think the Jews would of been a bit more compassionate knowing their very existence almost ceased. Guess what, they still use the holocaust balony whilst killing not only palestinians, but people around the world. I have respect for the people of Israel, but the Zionist government can kiss my white butt. The forefathers of that government were very goods friends with NAZIs and I wouldn't be surprised if they played a hand in the holocaust to push for the state of Israel.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

There is a general odour of Israeli hatred on this forum recently and to be honest I am a bit perplexed as to why this is so.The Jews were driven out of Europe after the second World War because no country wanted to harbour them so they were forced to settle on land that was not historically theirs. These people have to live somewhere right? Then people get on their backs when they strike the Palastinians after being bombarded by rocket attacks, these Palestinians hide behind Civilians and with cowardly acts of indescriminatley showering rockets on Jewish settlements. Are Israel not allowed to defend themselves? If Israel were just left be there would be no aggression, but they get attacked from all sides and their neighbours have been quite open about wanting to wipe Israel off the map. Is this really fair? I for one have sympathy for the Israeli people.

Is this a joke...or do you really not know/understand the history of the Middle East?
...and I'm not asking sarcastically.

If you genuinely are looking for the reasons why Israel is so hated by the vast, VAST majority of the world... I will be more happy to break it down for you. I have a Master's degree in History and it's always been a significant area of focus for me.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Please google tears of GAZA its free online

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
What would you do if the U.N kicked you out of your house and then gave it to other people?

Those people didn't have a home and they have to live somewhere right?

That is a farce. Just because it's been repeated for years does not make it true! I swear, people have no clue about the history of this region. After WWI when the Turkish Ottoman empire fell, there was a unnanimous vote of 55 countries to creat the Trans-Jordan region. They created Syria and Lebanon, Jordan and Israel. The Arabs of the region got 80% of the land and the Jews got 20% of the land. Within weeks of Israel settling in 1947 they were attacked by said Arab countries surrounding them.

Those Arabs lost the Gaza strip, Golan heights, Sinai Peninsula and West Bank in two wars. The Israelis eventually gave back the Sinai along with two well developed military bases. The land the Israelis were given was an undeveloped desert area. You had nomadic Arabs in the region and some small towns. There were Jews and Arabs there for thousands of years who lived fairly peacefully together.

Rome renamed the region Palestine to insult the Jewish people thousands of years ago. Yet, there has never been a country of Palestine and thus no Palestinians. They are Arabs and Jews. But, since the region is called Palestine, the both the Arabs and Jews are Palestinians. Before the 6 day war there was never any idea of a separate Palestinian state because their state is JORDAN! These Arabs were only displaced because the Arab countries who attacked during the 6 day war told all the Arab inhabitants in the state of Israel to leave their homes because they were going to slaughter the Jews and push them into the sea and did not want to hurt the Arabs living there.

Well, guess what? They lost the battle, Israel won, and those who chose to leave were told they were not welcome back. Those Arabs who stayed are full citizens of Israel, they vote, and live in their family homes along with the Jews who live in their homes. The "displaced" group could have gone to Jordan, Lebanon, Syria at anytime, but guess what? Lebanon and Syria said "No", and left them as refugees. Jordan has always said they can come home.

You see, this issue is nothing but a propaganda campaign to ultimately create a massive World War in the Middle East. I firmly believe the Jesuits are behind this along with the elite Kenite banking clan who claim to be Jews and are not. The world it doing exactly what it's been trained to do. As a people we bark when we are told to, we beg when we are told to, and we fight when we are told to fight. The Arabs in Israel believe their homes were stolen because of the lies perpetuated now for generations. Some know the truth, but when you have a pack of barking rabid dogs, are you going to draw attention to yourself and speak the truth which they don't want to hear?

There is more to this story, and you might find the history of the region, Islam, and who controls this world interesting:

The Final Act

Egypt renigs on their peace agreement with Israel

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Well if Hamas didn't hide amongst the civilians and launch rocket attacks from there, Israel would not be forced to fire back. Simple no?

Well if Israel wasn't there in the first place there would be no trouble on either end. You can't just come into a country and take it over and expect the world to not see you as a bad guy. Nice try.

True, Israel wasn't there but got created and apparently not very happy with the land it was given. So the big question of why this conflicts, hate, killings and bombings....? Maybe this map below might explain something

edit on 18-11-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

That's a cute play on words of showing a region called Palestine as just the state of Israel. The real map should be this as it was the tran-Jordan Palestine mandate. Italy administered the Syria and Lebanon part and Britain administered the Jordan and Israel part:

The Arabs in the region got 80% of the Trans-Jordan mandate. My prior post explains how the Arabs quote "Lost" their homes. The whole massive region was called Palestine, not just Israel. Israel is Palestine per the mandate, so no territory was lost really. Now, let's talk about war.

There is a very interesting time map of the territories of the world that goes back at least a thousand years or more. When countries go to war, there are often boundary changes. It's amazing that people want to pretend that these Arabs lived in a country called Palestine and they are thus Palestinians. The fact is these Arabs come from Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, African nations and most did not have a land claim in particular because they were nomads. After WWI the region that Turkey controlled was changed, and it's as simple as that. I'm sure some who got stuck in Lebanon might have wanted to be Turkish or Jordanian with a Hashimite king. They don't seem to have their panties in a wad.

This conflict has nothing to do with land, and everything to do with Jews.

Here is a nice map showing territory change from 1900 to 2012, now why don't we hear people proclaiming how unfair this all is?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join