It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does America support Israel?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

Originally posted by madenusa
The economy of Israel is a technologically advanced market economy, including rapidly developing high-tech and service sectors. As of 2011, Israel ranks 17th among 187 world nations on the UN's Human Development Index, which places it in the category of "Very Highly Developed"
Israel diamond industry is one of the world's centers for diamond cutting and polishing
Israel is a world leader in software, telecommunication and semiconductors development.
$$$$$$$$The first research and development centers outside the USA for companies including Intel and Microsoft. Israel is also a major tourist destination, with 3.45 million foreign tourists visiting in 2010.

World Food Program trucks to the West Bank 1.2 million energy date bars produced in a Gaza factory.$
Dont bite the hand that feeds you lesson 1
Little dog needs to stay on the porch & just bark

And how many billions of dollars are handed to Israel by US taxpayers per year? Exactly, don't bite the hand that feeds.

"UN's Human Development Index" not the USA we are just part of the food chain our dollar is worth nothing.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I've still yet to get a solid answer on why Israel deserves billions of dollars a year in foreign aid, weapons and military support while people in our country sleep on the street. If nobody can answer these questions, why is it done then?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
In Europe in the 1940's there was a war - often referred to as WWII. It was fought to prevent Europe becoming unified under German rule. Today we have a unified Europe under German rule. Two things that came out of the war - apart from countless deaths, misery, chaos, confusion and despair - hereinafter referred to as 'Collateral Damage' were
1. The League of Nations - Now the UN and
2. The State of Israel
Both of these are owned and operated by the Rothschild zionists.
The Jewish homeland is a myth. The majority of the worlds jews are converts from Eastern Europe - no more related to the 12 tribes than the pope (unless....) The Palestinians are far more Semitic than the Israelis which is kind of ironic when you think of the 'anti-semitic' tag line given to anyone who disagrees with Israel foreign policy. The bombardment of Palestine by the Israelis in in fact an act of Anti-Semitism. Go figure... Anyhoooooo
The Rothschild Zionists pretty much own the US government as well as Canada, Australia and the EU which is why these countries are such strong allies of Israel and also why the above have also armed Israel to the teeth including Nukes which is why the IAEA haven't been allowed in. Israel has no real geopolitical role, they have no oil or any other usefel resources they are just zionists which is why they "must be protected" It's all BS of course and the hypocrisy needed to justify all of this on the worlds media has turned the nightly news into 'comedy hour'. That's it really.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by shelookslikeone

Correct me if I am wrong, or just drinking the koolaid of paranoia, but is there not a large faction of the religious right that supports Israel out of the sheer conviction that war in the Middle East will bring on the final Armageddon and...taa dah!...The Rapture?

Scary scata, that!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Correct me if I am wrong, or just drinking the koolaid of paranoia, but is there not a large faction of the religious right that supports Israel out of the sheer conviction that war in the Middle East will bring on the final Armageddon and...taa dah!...The Rapture?

Scary scata, that!

There are a lot of religious nuts in this world and it's not limited to the rapture people. The problem is, sometimes, these people get into power.

With that said, I'd like to expand on my thoughts in this thread a little bit. When I created the original post, I actually expected some conversation here. As of this point (in my entire life), there hasn't been a single person that's been able to give me a valid reason why we throw billions of dollars a year and infinite military support towards a nation that does absolutely nothing for us in return.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have double digit unemployment in many parts of this nation, people being thrown out of their house because they lost their jobs, 15 trillion dollars in Government debt and we're sending billions a year to Israel (and other nations)? Someone just explain to me how this can happen and we the people don't even say a word? As I asked in the original post, are we really letting scripture dictate our foreign policy here? Or does Israel just have us wrapped around their finger?

Hitler is dead folks. He's not coming back. We can let Israel fight her own wars now. God knows she has enough nukes to do it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I will be honest. I created this thread for one intention. I want someone to post here and tell me they have no idea why we support Israel and send them foreign and military aid over our own people. That's all I'm looking for. One person to stand up and say "I have no idea". Because that is the reality of this situation. Nobody knows why. There's not a single other topic that I've come across that makes people stand there like a deer in head lights other than Israel.
edit on 18-11-2012 by shelookslikeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
A few days ago ISAF killed a Taliban leader in Afghanistan, very few media reported it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

On your second point, I think I've already addressed it. Just get them out of Washington.

Get Jews out of Washington? Umm..., why?

That to me does sound more than a little Anti-Semitic,

You don't agree with them, therefore you want them gone...

I don't agree with some people, I don't want them gone... reminds me of this racist guy I talked to once, I told him I had some Cherokee blood, he said I should "get it out of me", it was a joke, but a racist joke, I later found out the guy was extremely racist from other things he said, I didn't laugh.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

On your second point, I think I've already addressed it. Just get them out of Washington.

Get Jews out of Washington? Umm..., why?

That to me does sound more than a little Anti-Semitic,

You don't agree with them, therefore you want them gone...

I don't agree with some people, I don't want them gone... reminds me of this racist guy I talked to once, I told him I had some Cherokee blood, he said I should "get it out of me", it was a joke, but a racist joke, I later found out the guy was extremely racist from other things he said, I didn't laugh.

This is taking my quote out of context and you know it is. Post the rest of the statement beyond that. It's not about taking Jews out of Washington, it's about taking ALL FOREIGN lobbyists out of Washington. Please, I'm not a noob to discussion, do NOT attempt to twist my words.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If not Israel, then who would be an ally for us in the ME?

Saudi Arabia(still on US petrodollar sytem), Egypt(allows unrestricted US use of Suez), Jordan, Kuwait(hosted US-British invasion of Iraq), Morocco, Turkey(hosts US Air Base), Qatar(hosts US think-tanks for US mid-east policy), Bahrain(hosts US Naval fleet), the new al-Qaeda aligned government of Libya, the newly US appointed al-Qaeda aligned government in waiting for Syria, etc. the list is big.

The US gets something from all these alliances (however much I may disagree with the value or wisdom ), but Israel? seems like a black hole sucking away from US, with nothing to show for it but strained relations with the other allies.
edit on 20-11-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

As of this point (in my entire life), there hasn't been a single person that's been able to give me a valid reason why we throw billions of dollars a year and infinite military support towards a nation that does absolutely nothing for us in return.

I seriously doubt that you'll ever get a valid reason. I will be watching this thread just in case some genius can produce a valid reason.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The US supports Israel because of religion plain and simple. Christianity is taught in the Bible that anyone who does not support Israel will not have Gods favor.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
The US supports Israel because of religion plain and simple. Christianity is taught in the Bible that anyone who does not support Israel will not have Gods favor.

So our foreign policy is literally dictated by scripture?

God help us.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky

This is also what I agree with when you boil it down far enough.

This is what influences our Christian politicians.
But of course for some of the other reasons mentioned in the other post as well.

Whoever decided that they would put it in print that they were chosen by GOD (and we are not) was brilliant, I mean who wants to support the enemies of GODS chosen people?

Why do people choose to believe in a god who prefers one group of people over the other anyway, isn't that racist?
Not if you are god I suppose.

Who does the flying spaghetti monster like best?
Italians?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I will be honest. I created this thread for one intention. I want someone to post here and tell me they have no idea why we support Israel and send them foreign and military aid over our own people. That's all I'm looking for. One person to stand up and say "I have no idea". Because that is the reality of this situation. Nobody knows why. There's not a single other topic that I've come across that makes people stand there like a deer in head lights other than Israel.
edit on 18-11-2012 by shelookslikeone because: (no reason given)

I have no idea. No really I don't. I look at everything Israel does and wonder daily why we continue to support this maniacal country. You are right with a deficit of $1.6 trillion, why do we send money to this monetary black hole? All they do is promote anxiety to all of their neighbors and constantly harass them.

edit: Not trying to promote my threads or anything, but I thought you might find this relevant to your quest for an answer to your questions. abovetopsecret
edit on 20-11-2012 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If not Israel, then who would be an ally for us in the ME?
"Every time anyone says that Israel is our only friend in the Middle East, I can't help but think that before Israel, we had no enemies in the Middle East."
-- John Sheehan, S.J.

I think that sums that up.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Because the general sentiment is that it's much easier to deal with the Israelis than everyone else in that region. Personally, I'd much rather a stable Jewish state over a group of warring tribal Muslim factions in that region any day.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Ya, perhaps I just need to bone up on my history but I've never understood why the United States helped found and maintain the Israel state. Why do we care? What business is it of ours? If the Jews their feel threatened and can't defend themselves from a land that the Palatines obviously feel was wrongly taken from them then why not move them to a different country not surrounded by enemies eh? I am no coward, I simply don't see why the United States is involved at all other then perhaps for the convenience of strategic position but even that I would consider a lack luster convenience considering what it costs to maintain. If the Israeli's want to maintain their own lands then let them try. I see no reason to get involved though. It's not as though their country would help us if we were suddenly in need for foreign aid due to some domestic threat would they? Seriously.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I would also like to point out how vague that statement is. It doesn't say to help the people of Israel or the culture but to help Israel itself. That being said even if we were following some sort of religious dogma then technically all we would need to do is support the land itself, not the culture therein. As long as the land prospers no matter what culture lies there then we technically be doing exactly as that statement quoted from the bible said.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Scarily, no.
You are not wrong.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join