It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does America support Israel?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I simply cannot understand how one can be allied with a nation that does absolutely nothing for them in return. The relationship between the US and Israel is, in my opinion, more of a parasite to host relationship than an actual alliance. Is this about the "chosen people"? Are we allowing scripture to dictate our foreign policy now? Am I to be forever called antisemitic for not supporting that which can only be described as free hand outs in the form of "foreign aid" while my own country suffers double digit unemployment? Are we to continue brainwashing our troops into believing that they are fighting for American interests while in a state of constant holy war with only Muslim nations? I simply ask, someone, enlighten me on the advantages of this "alliance".

I, as an American, do not care what happens to the middle east. I do not care what Iran does. I do not care what Israel does. The United States were not founded to become the world's police men. We are not here to end thousand year old wars. Hitler is dead and he's not coming back. Get the lobbyists out of Washington and start worrying about America again. To hell with the middle east.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by shelookslikeone

We support Israel for two main reasons.
1. Israel is Strategically Located in the Middle East as it is in the U.S. interests to protect our energy supply.

2. There is a VERY LARGE Jewish Lobby in Washington due to large Jewish population in the U.S.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

We support Israel for two main reasons.
1. Israel is Strategically Located in the Middle East as it is in the U.S. interests to protect our energy supply.

2. There is a VERY LARGE Jewish Lobby in Washington due to large Jewish population in the U.S.

Split Infinity

To your first point, I'm not sure I can agree. American soldiers can be anywhere in the world in a matter of minutes. This "strategic" location is all but obsolete with our current technology. In regards to the energy supply, which I'm guessing means oil, the United States is perfectly capable of drilling it's own oil without fighting constant war. In my opinion, the price to drill it ourselves far outweighs the cost to steal it.

On your second point, I think I've already addressed it. Just get them out of Washington. I know a lot of people don't agree with Governor Jesse Ventura, but he had a strict stance with lobbyists. He simply refused to meet with them. Our politicians needs to understand that they were elected to represent the people of the United States, not foreign nations.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Although I agree with your statement that the U.S.Military is capable of Force Projection anywhere in the World...the U.S. looks at all possible scenarios where it would be safer to Land Large Numbers of Troops from the Med...as apposed to coming in from the Persian Gulf or the Red Sea.

This would be during a large scale conflict. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
When Gaza defends itself from Israel's invasion it's called terrorism

When Israel carpet bombs Gaza it's just self defense

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This is an old video, but I stumbled across it somewhere not long ago. I wasn't really sold on this "Zionist" thing everyone else seems to know about (except for me), but the more I read up on it, it seems even Jesse Ventura believes it. I read up on the Rothschild family, and it seems they are also a part of it. Hell, I don't know. The guy in this video explains it good enough. Maybe.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Every policy of the US ultimately has to do with $$$, nothing else.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

If not Israel, then who would be an ally for us in the ME?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

“Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations...entangling alliances with none”

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

“Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations...entangling alliances with none”

Nice ideal. But in the real world? Ain't gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Where would this even begin? Obama tried it but it's not working out very well (Benghazi, all the protests around the world) It isn't just that we stick our noses in their business but also that they hate our way of life. You can't negotiate with some of these people.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Nice ideal. But in the real world? Ain't gonna happen.

I'm not sure how much closer to the "real world" you can get in America. If we are taking our founder's words as ideals now, why not simply throw out the entire constitution?

Thomas Jefferson First Inaugural Address:

peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Where would this even begin? Obama tried it but it's not working out very well (Benghazi, all the protests around the world) It isn't just that we stick our noses in their business but also that they hate our way of life. You can't negotiate with some of these people.

I think it would start by bringing our troops home and minding our own business. That's not meant as a smart reply or anything, simply my honest feelings on the subject. We were attacked on 9/11 and had to respond. That war is over. It's time to come home.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Great pic.

The Israelis have decided to take Palestinian land. They work slowly and methodically using various mechanisms and harassment techniques towards this end. The Palestinians respond to this victimization with small gestures that are within their meager budgets. The Israelis respond by killing them and with mass propaganda calling the Palestinians "terrorists". Wash, rinse, repeat.

The US supports Israel because:

1) religious indoctrination from birth - many Americans still believe the nonsense that Jews are a "special, chosen people".

2) our political system has been overwhelmed with Jewish-American and Israeli-American dual-citizen politicians and financial supporters.

3) Foreign aid is supplied to Israel as money and "credits" to buy American military products. These credits are propping up the US commercial miltary-industrial complex. Portions of the money are used for lining the pockets of US politicians and "political parties"

If we look deep enough, I have no doubt we could find some standard blackmail and threats -- most likely centered around child molestation, infidelity, drugs, theft, etc..

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Well,when you have the Israelis who have taken over America..........what can you expect?

America belong to the Jews.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The economy of Israel is a technologically advanced market economy, including rapidly developing high-tech and service sectors. As of 2011, Israel ranks 17th among 187 world nations on the UN's Human Development Index, which places it in the category of "Very Highly Developed"
Israel diamond industry is one of the world's centers for diamond cutting and polishing
Israel is a world leader in software, telecommunication and semiconductors development.
$$$$$$$$The first research and development centers outside the USA for companies including Intel and Microsoft. Israel is also a major tourist destination, with 3.45 million foreign tourists visiting in 2010.

World Food Program trucks to the West Bank 1.2 million energy date bars produced in a Gaza factory.$
Dont bite the hand that feeds you lesson 1
Little dog needs to stay on the porch & just bark

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

They "hate our way of life"? I'm amazed every time hear this.

Our 'way of life' is smoke-filled-rooms, payola, narcotics/nuclear/contraband trafficking, kidnapping, torturing, murdering, raping and stealing. Our way of life is using the military, IMF, World Bank and other mechanisms to loot and pillage the third-world into perpetual submission. Our way of life is mass pollution thru DU, raping nuns, death squads, School-of-the-Americas and every deleterious conduct known to man.

The America you think you know .... does not exist. Turn off the damn TV propaganda and get some real news from the alternative media!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
The economy of Israel is a technologically advanced market economy, including rapidly developing high-tech and service sectors. As of 2011, Israel ranks 17th among 187 world nations on the UN's Human Development Index, which places it in the category of "Very Highly Developed"
Israel diamond industry is one of the world's centers for diamond cutting and polishing
Israel is a world leader in software, telecommunication and semiconductors development.
$$$$$$$$The first research and development centers outside the USA for companies including Intel and Microsoft. Israel is also a major tourist destination, with 3.45 million foreign tourists visiting in 2010.

World Food Program trucks to the West Bank 1.2 million energy date bars produced in a Gaza factory.$
Dont bite the hand that feeds you lesson 1
Little dog needs to stay on the porch & just bark

And how many billions of dollars are handed to Israel by US taxpayers per year? Exactly, don't bite the hand that feeds.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

Give me a break. Smoke filled rooms? LOL Ooh, how scary and vague!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join