It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The I'm Proud of Myself Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Well I am immensly proud of myself today, so I just thought I would let you all know how well I have done. I got rid of my car yesterday and now have a bycicle. I arouse at 0530 this morning to cycle to work in the pouring rain all 6.5 miles of it. I am so proud of myself, it might sound easy but I'm a fat knacker and a lazy one at that so it is a big acheivment for me. I am now patting myself on my back.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Well done! Just remember you would have spent more money using the car then you would using the bike!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Good for you mate. Let's jut hope we have another mild winter.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

The financial side is the whole driving force behind this. Unfortunately I cannot afford to run a car anymore but in all honesty it might turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Here's to hoping, I'm not sure I fancy cycling through snow

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

WELL DONE I applaud you!! and who knows what additional benefits you will acquire

# Saving money ?

# Losing weight?

# Getting fitter?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Wow. Kudos to you! Just think how fit you'll be and how much better you'll feel in a few months... not to mention the money you're saving! Huge congrats on your new journey.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm proud of you! Good job! Maybe you could make other arrangements and travel with others to work in the bad weather.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I'm proud of you! Good job! Maybe you could make other arrangements and travel with others to work in the bad weather.

No, no.... they don't like for more than one person to be riding the bicycle at a time, it's dangerous

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Well I am immensly proud of myself today, so I just thought I would let you all know how well I have done. I got rid of my car yesterday and now have a bycicle. I arouse at 0530 this morning to cycle to work in the pouring rain all 6.5 miles of it. I am so proud of myself, it might sound easy but I'm a fat knacker and a lazy one at that so it is a big acheivment for me. I am now patting myself on my back.

And not once did it cross your mind, first day riding my bike and it rains! God hates me.

Originally posted by the Purple C
No, no.... they don't like for more than one person to be riding the bicycle at a time, it's dangerous

I bust out laughing at this!

edit on 11/17/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/17/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Just remember...

"Bikes run on fat and save you money. Cars run on money and make you fat."

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Cover your rear end with LOTS of lights, or you'll be splattered by one of those school run mums who's brushing her hair, talking on the phone, and doing her kids homework, while she's driving!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Congrats. I hope to be proud of myself also, tomorrow when I finally start getting my 'crap' together and doing things i've been meaning to do, but procrastinating

new topics

top topics

join