It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Rockets Fired from Egypt Hit Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Report: Rockets Fired from Egypt Hit Israel

www.weeklystandard.com

Two major Israeli newspapers are reporting that rockets fired from Egypt have hit Israel.

"Terrorists in the Sinai Peninsula launched rockets into Israel Friday night," reports the Jerusalem Post. "The rockets fell near an Israeli village on the southern border, causing some damage, but no injuries."

The Israeli daily Haaretz reports, "Rockets fired from direction of Egypt toward Eshkol Regional Council."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Havent been on in a long time but with this heating up and now military action from Egypt, I think this is worse than the normal 'mid east violence". Wife and I disagree, she amounts this to same ole same ole, but I think and feel something different this time. Wanted to come here to get the best thoughts on this. so ATS'ers much ado about nothing, or something more?

I put this in the WW3 thread but since its been awhile since Ive been on I wasnt sure which board was more appropriate. So mods, sorry, feel free to merge whichever thread to where it belongs.

www.weeklystandard.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I've got a feeling that it's all gonna kick off real soon

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Those two Israeli sources don't really say "Egypt" proper.

But they are very "suggestive".

Sounds more like sensationalism.

[a similar thread was moved into Skunk Works already]
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I myself think it's very possible just the same !!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Really? Another post about a major war possibly starting, with a thumbs up? Why are people so desperate for another major war to start? Not enough death and destruction in your lives? Want more? It's getting sickening watching people going on about "It's here!" and "This is it!" and sounding so excited about yet another war going on.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The funny part is, Israel starts this entire thing by killing some guy (and half a block with him) a few days ago, and now we're supposed to feel sorry for them? Israel, if you're looking for the terrorist, check the mirror.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Really? Another post about a major war possibly starting, with a thumbs up? Why are people so desperate for another major war to start? Not enough death and destruction in your lives? Want more? It's getting sickening watching people going on about "It's here!" and "This is it!" and sounding so excited about yet another war going on.

I starred you because I'm disgusted like you. But anyone with half a brain is worried. Everything is a powder keg right now.

Those of us with a bit of foresight saw this coming during the birth of the arab spring. It's kind of like being a deer in the headlights, at this point.
edit on 17-11-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Very well put. If we wish for war, we should wish for it in our back yard, not others.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I dont think anyone here is hoping for war. Not sure where you get that... Im just trying to dig deeper and prepare if necessary. Like I said, my wife and I have been debating if this was nothing new for the region, or something more escalated.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Ah I see what you were referring to. I think the thumbs up was more of a, youre on the right track. Not a thumbs up to war.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

I starred you because I'm disgusted like you. But anyone with half a brain is worried. Everything is a powder keg right now.

Those of us with a bit of foresight saw this coming during the birth of the arab spring. It's kind of like being a deer in the headlights, at this point.

You mean you actually foreseen a conflict happening in the middle east?! Shocking, truly. Someone inform Ms. Cleo.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
When the Israeli government failed to garner the support for their assault on Iran they will use the back door approach.
By deception.
First they fire katyusha rockets into their territory in the Golan Heights and not satisfied this has raised sufficient
cause for hand wringing in the West, they proceed to fire the rockets to fall harmlessly of course, in their own territory and now blame by broad innuendo that Eqypt is responsible.

When enough sturm und drom has been generated and as a side shoot of the ever-widening conflict,
Israel will attack Iran as planned all along only this time with full American support.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

You mean you actually foreseen a conflict happening in the middle east?! Shocking, truly. Someone inform Ms. Cleo.

Wow. You were so focused on being witty you seemed to just completely disregard real world issues such as the fact the Muslim Brotherhood is now in control of Egypt (which borders Gaza). It's cool though, bro. TROLOLOLO

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by shelookslikeone

Wow. You were so focused on being witty you seemed to just completely disregard real world issues such as the fact the Muslim Brotherhood is now in control of Egypt (which borders Gaza). It's cool though, bro. TROLOLOLO

Well that's what happens when you play puppet master isn't it? Here's another shocker, I don't care what happens to the middle east. Shocking, I know. As an American, I could care less what happens to Egypt or Israel. I don't care what Iran does. I could care less about Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya or Syria... come to think of it, being best friends with Israel sure is taxing isn't it? I'm curious, by 2013, how many more holy wars will Americans have to fight?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Well said, it says a lot about some folks. War is disgusting but necessary at times. The problem is both the blockade of Gaza (an act of war) and Hamas firing rockets into Israel (which is against the Geneva Convention as well as human decency). No one in their right mind wants an escalation let alone Egypt joining in. I hope cooler heads prevail.

I saw a picture of Morsi kissing a dead child whose father was holding in his arms. I have a son that age. My God its not worth it. Why can't we just sit down and behave like human beings. NO one should oppress or be oppressed.

edit on 17-11-2012 by seen2much because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I would not be surprised at all.

Ask yourself the question.. how stable is Egypt? Their recent civil upheaval is a risk; Egypt has a newly elected Government and major problems with terrorist cells within their own Country.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
why have you opened 2 threads on the same story?

rockets were possibly fired into israel by some terrorists in egypt.

egypt is not attacking israel.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Did you read the second one? IF you did, you have your answer

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by shelookslikeone

"As an American I COULD CARE LESS"....?
As an american learn firstly to speak your own language... i could care less means you care enough.... i never understood how anyone could write it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
reply to post by shelookslikeone

"As an American I COULD CARE LESS"....?
As an american learn firstly to speak your own language... i could care less means you care enough.... i never understood how anyone could write it.

I'm guessing you've never heard of sarcasm have you? It is an idiom, technically slang.

I'm sorry, let me speak correctly then.

I COULDN'T CARE LESS

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join