House Science Committee calls for probe of secret EPA email addresses

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Sounds like another "transparent" surprise from Administration officials !!

This time it's secret email address and fake names being used for "official" business

It seems they were dodging that dreaded Freedom of Information Act as well as the Federal Records Act, the Presidential Records Act and perhaps a few others !!!

Of course, this all violates the law. What a surprise.

Republican members of the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology called for an investigation into the alleged use of secret email addresses by top Obama administration officials, including Environmental Protection Agency administrator Lisa Jackson, in letters released Friday.

Members of the House Science Committee demanded information on the secret email addresses from Jackson and expressed concerns that conducting official business through such means may violate the Federal Records Act, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Presidential Records Act, and other transparency laws.

“The use of alias and private accounts that are hidden from staff responsible for retaining and providing access to records calls into question the fidelity of previous responses to not only the public through FOIA, but also to the Office of the Inspector General as well as Congress,” Republican committee members said in a statement.

They say arrogance is usually a "cover story" for hiding guilty activity

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Sounds like the Batphone but instead of Commissioner Gordon you get Tony Hayward saying "we have a little problem down in the gulf".
Nice.
Seems to have been going on at least since 2008 (probably since the EPA's creation).
Murky business indeed.
Nice find.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Since we are on the topic of the EPA, I just wanted to gain a better insight as to WHY exactly do the Conservatives and Right wingers have so much BITTER HATE towards anything or anyone that has the good and decent intention of that involving the preservation of our environment?

Your thread and post history reveals CLEARLY that your number one MISSION here on ATS is simply to shine light upon ONLY those topics of which you and the other hardcore, radical Conservatives and extremist Right wingers despise (while letting REAL ISSUES go unmentioned) so why all the HATE for those folks whom wish to keep our environment as safe as we all can?

I think it is because the Conservatives and Right wingers are all about BIG BUSINESS, CORPORATIONS, GREED, CORRUPTION and PROFIT AT ANY COST, and therefore the Conservatives and the Right wants ZERO regulation so that companies can POLLUTE the planet at will, dumping TOXIC, CANCER-CAUSING chemicals into our ponds, streams, rivers, oceans, soil, and air without being held responsible. DO you think that is the GOOD AND DECENT thing to support? Profits over keeping the environment as safe as possible for our children and grandchildren in the future?

I am just curious. Save the "tree-hugging-liberal-hippy-communism" BUZZWORDS-of-the Right-nonsense out of it as that is not what I am. Its a serious question that doesnt need the usual nonsense buzzwords that the Conservatives and the Right puts forth when they have no decent answers for questions.

So whats the deal with the Conservatives and the Right winger hate for our environment? Seriously what is it?

edit on 17-11-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

Ever since Nixon created the EPA to appease the youth movement and the DEA to suppress them, both agencies have been fraught with corruption. Six months ago the EPA had a little training excursion into my little town. According to their alleged representatives, the EPA isn't concerned with protecting wetlands! How's that for ya?

IN PRINCIPLE, EPA is a great idea, a boon to mankind and a grand protector of the environment - but no one has any principles any longer, least of all the fedgov.

ganjoa
edit on 11/17/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed Insult.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
And let us not forget that the EPA is now in the pocket of Monsanto and Dupont. They have no relevance in environmental protection anymore, if they ever did; they're just just another corrupt and thoroughly bought-out federal organization....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

It's all about graft and corruption my boy.

This new email deal clearly shows the arrogance of bypassing laws that They don't like.

What else will we find out ?

Did you ever wonder why the EPA doesn't seem to be so effective and sidetracks with many "regulations" that are hardly even enforceable without extreme costs ? Many of those "costs" are actually payoffs.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Federal agencies cause more harm that good.

Enviromental protection should be handled at the state level. When too much power is in too little hands in the case of the Federal government, this is what happens.

Conservatives do not want to destroy the environment or allow corporations to pollute at will, that's a nonsensical argument. What they want is less meddling from an entity that consistently shows it's inability to do the job properly.

It's pretty simple. If I had a employee that did a terrible job, I would fire them.

The government should start firing the departments that don't do their job.

~Tenth

join