It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Known Criminals allowed to enter the USA/Canada?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
British Petroleum has pleaded guilty to a plethora criminal charges for their part of the Deepwater Horizon incident.
With the recent Citizens United ruling declaring corporations people, does this mean our government will/should deny them access to American/Canadian markets and drilling permits now that this corporation has a criminal record?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Don't use rational logic when it comes to corporations and government.

If they had to treat each other like they treat us they would all be in jail by now... But don't worry, they will have "public hearings" about most of their criminal acts. Just so the public knows they are really, really sorry about what they did.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
DEFINITELY YES!

Every time any of our elected representatives returns to the country...

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Why do they have to enter the US when they are already here...

Maybe this will help you out...

help.cbp.gov...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Generally no, Canada is really picky about our immigrants, and even just visitors.

But "British" Petroleum, I'm not sure about.
I think anyone/anything British already has a foot in the door in Canada, being one of the Queen's countries.

I wonder what the rules are for Brits visiting here. Is getting into Canada for a visit easier (less complicated) than getting into the US?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
To vote,
I suppose.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No, absolutely not. I have witnessed the US send Canadians back over marijuana violations of under a gram in Canada. Likewise Canada will deny you entry if you have had a DUI (felony in Canada).

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't know why people ask legal questions about the United States anymore. We have a king who says he can make laws with a crayon and his fisher-price phone! "Illegal"? we don't do that here anymore. We do reality TV. and you no longer are required to ask permission to enter the UNited States. just show up. the "authorities" will tell you to "wait there a second" and when they turn they're backs, you just walk away. Anyway, the tiny little spill they had in the gulf of mexico was no big deal and plus, it was BP. These are the same guys that paid off the UK government to get the Lockerby Bomber released so they could pick up some leases of the coast of libya. Legal?. When it comes to oil and politicians there isn't any such thing. After all, our elected lords and ladies have to keep up appearances you know. and it's no big deal. the solar system only has about 8 yrs left. we should just be having massive keggers every day.

top topics

join