It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You, ATS for restoring the calming blue!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Oh, my gosh, that orange was getting to me. I still see the ad at the top, and it isn't screaming at me anymore!

It's like painting a room red..........LOL, you are going to find people in a bad mood just by what they see, and with a possible WWIII scenario, the orange, just didn't fit. Even to promote a product.

Thank You......over and over and over again!

About Colors in a Room

ATS is our room, no?

We plan to use six specific colors to see which ones bring out aggression, relaxation, energy, etc. in a person. We hope that through careful collection of data, a pattern will be evident in how moods relate to colors. This research is relevant as well as of interest to everyone who can see colors because every daily act involves color. Color is everywhere, and however simple it may seem, it affects us all in ways we can never completely know.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Hmm...
Not gonna bi a big thread but I agree.
The orange was a bit distracting.
I just unfolded my tinfoil hat and made a custom screen cover with a cutout for the center.
I was abducted shortly after that.
No respect I tell Ya.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
reply to post by Sissel

Hmm...
Not gonna bi a big thread but I agree.
The orange was a bit distracting.
I just unfolded my tinfoil hat and made a custom screen cover with a cutout for the center.
I was abducted shortly after that.
No respect I tell Ya.

Mehhh, LOL, it was my own personal feeling about it, and I might be expressing what other people, "felt"

If it isn't a big thread, no biggie to me, however I greatly appreciate the orange not being so much in my face.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Mehhh, LOL, it was my own personal feeling about it, and I might be expressing what other people, "felt"

I noticed it earlier this evening too

It went back and fourth a few times but then stayed blue,, I was going to ask if others had the same thing going on but didn't want to jinx my new blue. I thought if I mentioned it the red would come back.. along with those red "terrorist threat" levels on my TV screen from back in the day.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I have always preferred blue. It is calming and less distracting. Red and orange give me headaches. Yellow seems to reduce my focus so it is harder to read. Green is not bad but not as good as blue. I have no preference on purple or violet. I know this sounds dumb but that is how i feel about colors on web pages.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I kind of liked the sloth. Maybe we could talk SkepticOverlord into cross licensing that image and we could have him too. Seymour the Conspiracy Sloth.

Then I'd be able to hire teams of South Korean animators to put him into a cartoon... get it picked up by a network... giving me the ability to influence the thoughts of every child in the world. I could create an entire marketing machine based upon sloth toys, becoming a billionaire! Then, with my army of toddlers and tweens I could order them to RISE UP and finally realize my dream of being EMPEROR OF THE WORLD!!!!

Oh wait... the background is blue now. Never mind. That orange apparently effected me.... Still, I liked the sloth.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I kind of liked the sloth. Maybe we could talk SkepticOverlord into cross licensing that image and we could have him too. Seymour the Conspiracy Sloth.

Then I'd be able to hire teams of South Korean animators to put him into a cartoon... get it picked up by a network... giving me the ability to influence the thoughts of every child in the world. I could create an entire marketing machine based upon sloth toys, becoming a billionaire! Then, with my army of toddlers and tweens I could order them to RISE UP and finally realize my dream of being EMPEROR OF THE WORLD!!!!

Oh wait... the background is blue now. Never mind. That orange apparently effected me.... Still, I liked the sloth.

~Heff

Nice Heff.... we all have dreams man... yours are just... strange and grandiose! I thought a change of pace was good withe the orange. Something different from the same old same old. I think it would be cool for the ATS banner to be in green with offsetting black. Wouldn't be so offensive on the senses as other color schemes.

Edit: The conspiracy based animal icon is actually a very good idea Mr. Icide. It would look good on ATS monikered tee shirts and merchandise. Maybe you should pitch that idea, all kidding aside.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Still, I liked the sloth.

As did I my friend

He is still hanging out across the banner on the top of my page with the advertisement. Just a smaller version of his slothy self

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Dude, you are a riot.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Orange you glad the old border is back? Nyuck nyuck nyuck.

Okay, excuse me while I go ban myself for that godawful pun.

But remember: the Sloth sees all.

Edit: Oh yes. I almost forgot. In other news, please welcome our new web designer...

We can all expect great things from him in the coming months.

edit on 11/17/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I feel much calmer after watching this

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I could create an entire marketing machine based upon sloth toys, becoming a billionaire! Then, with my army of toddlers and tweens I could order them to RISE UP and finally realize my dream of being EMPEROR OF THE WORLD!!!!

~Heff

What you need are minions.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Oh yeah, forgot to ad, like the way it looks now. A banner at the top looks way better to me at least

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

LIAR - you like Mary-Anne - the young lady holding the sloth.

Come on now, it's me you're talking to.

btw, I registered for the chrome plug-in and SO thank-you with his mates was soooooo cute (hehehe)
edit on 17-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Ahh - beer!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I just spat tea all over my living room.... perhaps the funniest relaxation tape I have ever heard of. Once the initial coughing fit had passed, I did actually attempt to get zen with this tape, and I can tell you that I now require the tender mercies of a medical massage therapist, and possibly a radox bath.

Properly brutal, and thoroughly hilarious. Thank you very much !

TB.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I see what you did there - Seymour the Conspiracy Sloth. Seymour. See-more. Because we "see more". Get it?

...whatever.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Phew, mine just turned an orange'ish color and it really weirded me out!

Thank goodness there is the ATS search bar!

lol cracked myself up. Easy peasy, I find out the background changes.

-edit- lol I am totally not trying to complain about it, I'm game for whatever the ATS team is up for. Just was so stoked to see this was an occurance here, I had to type something.

edit on 1/5/2013 by mcx1942 because: fix

edit on 1/5/2013 by mcx1942 because: edit

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Oh man,
It's back.
Why orange?
WHY?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Damn, the retina burning red is back...

I too ask: Why lord, why ??!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Seems to be a giant ad. And my god is it annoying.

top topics

join