It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart files U.S. labor charge against Union

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Walmart files US labor charge against Union

(Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc is taking its first legal step to stop months of protests and rallies outside Walmart stores, targeting the union that it says is behind such actions.
Wal-Mart filed an unfair labor practice charge against the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, or UFCW, asking the National Labor Relations Board to halt what the retailer says are unlawful attempts to disrupt its business.

Walmart says UFCW behind actions of sockpuppet organization

Union denies

two groups behind protest are affiliated with union

PICKETING PROHIBITED
The National Labor Relations Act prohibits such picketing for more than 30 days without the filing of a representation petition. The NLRA also requires the NLRB to seek a federal court injunction against such activity, the letter states.

being going on for more then 30 days

OUR Walmart is not a union, though the thousands of Walmart employees it says are members do pay $5 monthly dues.

of note they collect member dues

This is just after the UNION caused hostess to close during Bankruptcy... and the union does play dirty....

I think there is a huge chess game going on here between the fools on both sides vying for control...So short after the election ...

So far- 18500 jobs gone to the chess game....

edit on Sat Nov 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: PROPER TAGS INSERTED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Amazingly things are about to hit the fan. Walmart could also get sued for bogus unions if they say that they are not union. Interesting times. 2012! lol

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Wal-Mart vs Unions is like watching Stalin vs Hitler in a knife fight. You don't know who to root for, and the best possible outcome is that they kill each other.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Dear God, why am I pro union? They save jobs and look after the average joe. What are wrong with unions, my dad was in one (Chrysler )

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I have a son that has made Wally world his career. He started out of high school, part time while attending college. He's worked his way up to being a manager, and still can't afford to have a bad tooth pulled, based on the health care benefits he receives there.

This has been going on for over a year.

Sad, to me that my son works his rear off, and pays his own way, yet can't afford to get a tooth pulled!

I'm going to call him and see what he has to say about this, plus the increase he has pending for health benefits.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

union lose...same metaphor numbers, pure numbers in size

it depends on what type of judge and how they classify those two organizations... What I would like to see is... I'll go look brb

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If you are anti union you might as well be a "at will employment poster child"
Get fired for farting wrong

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This company has had over 60 years to "metastasize", and boy has it ever... it's the beast that keeps on devouring.
Gluttony doesn't even begin to describe it's appetite.

If you haven't seen it, you all should watch The High cost of Low Price

I'm not a union fanboy by any means, but when a company gets to be big enough whereby it can just plow through small business and opposition at will regardless of the lives destroyed and impact that creates - something needs to be done.

To think that this started out as a five and dime is disgusting.... I see this "growth" as a disease, not success.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Excuse me there sir, i believe you just vomited some capitalism gibberish on the floor. I'll clean that up with my american flag

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Sunlight foundation report UFCW

President OBAMA, BARACK (D) winner Support $296,561.93

and

UFCW

Making Change at Walmart is a campaign challenging Walmart to help rebuild our economy and strengthen working families. Anchored by UFCW, we are a coalition of Walmart associates, union members, small business owners, religious leaders, women advocacy groups, multi-ethnic coalitions, elected officials, and ordinary citizens who believe that changing Walmart is vital for the future of our country.

well looks to me like Walmart is on sound ground suing....

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Chess game it is indeed. There are many that would happily crash the economy to prove our president is incompetent. He upsets the plutocratic order of things.

No matter the outcome....we all lose.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by HIWATT

Excuse me there sir, i believe you just vomited some capitalism gibberish on the floor. I'll clean that up with my american flag

Here, you can have my Canadian flag too... it's a big mess, you're going to need it

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hey OP,

Do you realize that Obama had a discussion with the top CEOS a few days ago. Discussing about economy and such... Guess who was in that group? Walmart ceo
www.nytimes.com...

Michael T. Duke, chief executive of Wal-Mart Stores, warned in a statement after the meeting that “before the end of the year, Washington needs to find an agreement to avoid the fiscal cliff.” He said Walmart customers “are working hard to adapt to the ‘new normal,’ but their confidence is still very fragile. They are shopping for Christmas now, and they don’t need uncertainty over a tax increase.”

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by HIWATT

Why would this be vomit? Seriously. You must live in an area where this kind of encroachment is invisible to you. I now live in Arizona, where this kind of beast is invisible, but, I lived in Kentwood, LA for quite some time, where the town is literally crumbling. A Wal-Mart opened up about 18 miles away in a town called Amite.

So, what little is left of the town of Kentwood is being destroyed and moving south, to mega Wally world. Gone are the Mom and Pop stores. Specialized clothing retailers, and even the local grocery store, where many local people were employed.

You need to get you head out of your rear, because you need to learn something, or the sand, just because you think it's cute to duck and hide.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Hey OP,

Do you realize that Obama had a discussion with the top CEOS a few days ago. Discussing about economy and such... Guess who was in that group? Walmart ceo
www.nytimes.com...

Michael T. Duke, chief executive of Wal-Mart Stores, warned in a statement after the meeting that “before the end of the year, Washington needs to find an agreement to avoid the fiscal cliff.” He said Walmart customers “are working hard to adapt to the ‘new normal,’ but their confidence is still very fragile. They are shopping for Christmas now, and they don’t need uncertainty over a tax increase.”

Like I said... disgusting.... Christmas shopping? REALLY?

If Obama had any stones at all he should have gotten up, grabbed that dough-head by the scruff of the neck, and thrown him out the door

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

I live in a city where there are 3 walmarts on the same road about a mile to 3 miles apart. Same road.

take a joke

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

do you think that is all they talked about? probably the plot to destroy unions... make sense

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

I live in a city where there are 3 walmarts on the same road about a mile to 3 miles apart. Same road.

take a joke

Lucky you. Have you had much experience with Wal-Mart in regards to produce?

Never mind........you have no clue.

Nothing like an ear of corn from a local grocer, that hasn't been blasted with whatever. Enjoy eating cardboard, and paying into the machine.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

wtf is wrong with you? you seem very derogatory. and yes walmart produce is bad

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

wtf is wrong with you? you seem very derogatory. and yes walmart produce is bad

I may seem derogatory, while you laugh.

Even people who don't know what to do at a funeral laugh, for lack of something better.

Welcome to your future. Death to small businesses.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join