It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13-year-old Palestinian boy is killed in Gaza Thursday, November 8th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
On November 8th a 13 year old Palestinian boy was shot and killed in Gaza. Witnesses and reports say the shot came from an IDF soldier from either a helicopter or a jeep or a tank. Israel said it's investigations came to the conclusion they did not shoot and kill the boy. The bullet should be enough evidence to prove or disprove the IDF's innocence. On November 9th a funeral was held for the deceased boy and the conspiracy world says it was attacked by the IDF. On November 10th Hamas fired an anti tank rocket at an IDF jeep in retaliation and from this the largest operation by Israel against Gaza since 2009's Operation Cast Lead has begun.

Palestinians: 13-year-old boy is killed in Gaza - CNN.com

Sun November 11, 2012

Jerusalem (CNN) -- A 13-year-old Palestinian boy in Gaza was fatally shot Thursday, the Gaza Health Ministry said.

A spokesman for the ministry accused the Israel Defense Forces of killing the boy. "Hameed Abu Daqqa was killed by an Israeli military helicopter after being shot in the head while playing football with his friends east of Khan Younis," ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qidra told CNN.
Read more: Gaza truce gets off to a shaky start

Israeli Military Lt. Col. Avital Leibovich told CNN that the IDF could not confirm they were responsible for the shooting. "There is no information that the IDF targeted a person," he said.

The shooting happened around noon and the Palestinian teenager died in the hospital, the Gaza ministry spokesman said.

Funeral held for boy killed in Gaza - CNN.com

Jerusalem (CNN) -- Funeral services were held Friday for a 13-year-old Palestinian boy shot and killed while playing soccer in Gaza a day earlier.

A spokesman for the Gaza Health Ministry accused the Israel Defense Forces of killing the boy, identified as Ahmed Abu Daqa.

Read more: Gaza truce gets off to a shaky start

Initially, the ministry said the boy was shot in the head by an Israeli helicopter. Witnesses disputed that account Friday, saying the boy was shot in the side and the gunfire came from Israeli military vehicles.

Israeli Lt. Col. Avital Leibovich told CNN that an initial investigation by the military "did not indicate the Israeli military had any connection to the shooting." She said the military was reviewing video footage of the area and so far had not seen anybody in the area where the shooting is said to have occurred.

Gaza boy reportedly killed by Israeli troops | Times of Israel

A 13-year-old Palestinian boy was reportedly killed by Israeli fire on Thursday in the southern Gaza Strip, Palestinian media reported. Some reports also claimed that three Palestinians were injured in the strike near Khan Younis.

The IDF said it was not aware of the incident and was investigating the report.

Hamid Younis Abu Daqqa was hit by “machine gun fire, either from Israeli helicopters or tanks” east of Khan Younis, the Palestinian Ma’an news agency quoted Gaza Health Ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qidra saying.

He was pronounced dead at a Khan Younis hospital, the Wafa news agency reported.

Wafa also reported that four IDF bulldozers and six tanks pushed 400 meters into the Gaza Strip as part of the operation.

Earlier on Thursday, IDF soldiers exchanged fire with Palestinian terrorists from Gaza.

According to initial reports, a work crew came under fire near Kibbutz Nirim on the Gaza border and the soldiers returned fire.

Tanks and attack helicopters were dispatched to the scene and opened fire toward suspicious areas.

After two weeks of no fighting Palestinian boy killed in border clash | Demotix

The body of a a young Palestinian boy, Ahmed Abu Dagah, is at the morgue of a hospital in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip. The boy died during a clash between the Popular Resistance Committees and IDF soldiers.

Palestinian man look at the body of Ahmed Abu Dagah, who was killed by gunfire from Israeli forces, at the morgue of a hospital in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip November 8, 2012. Gunfire from Israeli forces killed a Palestinian boy, Abu Dagah, in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, local medics said, during border clashes between the Israeli military and Palestinian militants. Israeli military officials said soldiers who were engaged in ''routine activity'' adjacent to the security fence came under attack from Palestinian militants and responded ''by firing at suspicious locations. Photo by Ali Jadallah

Israeli Soldiers Kill 12-Year-Old Boy With Shot To Head | Rense.com

Palestinian witnesses and medics said that Israel Defense Forces soldiers opened fire on the funeral of two Palestinian militants in the southern Gaza Strip on Friday, killing a 12-year-old boy and wounding seven other people.

An IDF source said troops guarding a nearby settlement fired toward dozens of Palestinians who entered a restricted area away from the funeral procession, after ignoring warning shots to stop.

Palestinian witnesses said soldiers opened fire near the cemetery in the town of Khan Yunis when children went to throw stones during the burial of a Gaza-based militant leader and his assistant killed Thursday in an IDF strike.

Witnesses said 20,000 people, including gunmen firing in the air, marched in the funeral procession. They said IDF gunfire erupted sporadically as the men were being buried after children went to throw stones toward a nearby army post.

Doctors said a boy believed to be about 12 years old died of a gunshot to the head and three other children were among the wounded, including a 13-year-old boy in critical condition.

The IDF source said troops fired only at a phalanx of adults walking in front of children marching toward a security fence and refusing orders to turn back.

The source said soldiers were aware of having hit only one person. He said Palestinians had often entered the restricted area before to plant bombs or infiltrate IDF positions.

Palesti nians release video showing Gaza anti-tank missile hitting IDF jeep - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper

WATCH: Popular Resistance Committees' military wing fire missile at Israeli jeep; four soldiers were wounded in the attack near the Israel-Gaza border on Saturday.....

....Four IDF soldiers were wounded when the jeep was struck by an anti-tank missile fired from the Gaza Strip. Six Palestinians were killed in ensuing IDF strikes and shelling of the Gaza Strip in response, and rocket fire on southern Israel has been ongoing since Saturday's incident. Since a statement by Gaza militant groups on Monday that they would enter a truce if Israel ended all military operations in the Strip, however, there has been relative quiet.

Is this how it all started?

edit on 17-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yet hamas will strap explosives to thier own 13 year old children to murder civilians.

I live in Israel and hate, HATE WAR. We want peace more then I can tell you. My brother was killed by a youngster who blew up the bus he was on trying to get home after school. For months we have listened to sirens warning us of the rockets coming over our house. You say get out, leave the occupied land? What if the aboriginals told you that (USA, CAN, AuS, ect) and started hitting your brothers trying to kill them NIGHTLY!. Many of my family have moved away. We might do the same but where to ?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

Yeah you're missing the point or derailing (and by your rambling I say the latter) but from the looks of it Israel may have fired first and now your little nation is thinking about striking Iran cause they gave Hamas shiny new rockets. A strike on Iran, yeah that's a good idea......
edit on 16-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Kargun

Yeah you're missing the point or derailing (and by your rambling I say the latter) but from the looks of it Israel may have fired first and now your little nation is thinking about striking Iran cause they gave Hamas shiny new rockets. A strike on Iran, yeah that's a good idea......

Israel did *NOT* fire first, their entire purpose of firing, is well documented, for the purpose of, A; destroy the source of the rockets that have been fired against us. Nice attempt at derailing yourself, but it's a Fail.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

reply to post by Kargun

Israel did *NOT* fire first, their entire purpose of firing, is well documented, for the purpose of, A; destroy the source of the rockets that have been fired against us. Nice attempt at derailing yourself, but it's a Fail.

They didn't fire first says who? Fact is a boy was shot and killed playing soccer in Gaza. Reports and witnesses point to the IDF. The IDF say it is innocent. This scenario we've seen before, right? Both sides are dirty and it's really hard for some of us to take either at their word. So you say this has all been well documented, by that do you mean this boys death or just the rocket attacks in general?

Oh and a please, show me how I derailed my own thread? Show me this FAIL you speak of?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Kargun

They didn't fire first says who? Fact is a boy was shot and killed playing soccer in Gaza. Reports and witnesses point to the IDF. The IDF say it is innocent. This scenario we've seen before, right? Both sides are dirty and it's really hard for some of us to take either at their word. So you say this has all been well documented, by that do you mean this boys death or just the rocket attacks in general?

Further attempted derailment, Israel did *NOT* fire first, period.

As for the boy, all war is sad, death is sad, especially youth, the boy had nothing to do with those in charge that decided to fire rockets at Israel, the boy is innocent and it is a sad thing, but mixing lies with news for political purposes is a fail.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

You dove war weary British soldiers out of Palestine by blowing up Hotels and murdering them by sniper attack.
You drove millions of palestinians out of their homeland by chicken shoot machine gun massacres.
Get real.
Your reaquiring of Israel after approx 2000 years was done by mass murder.
Ok its got what you want ..you probably live in a ara formerly palestinian...but you appear to have no contrition..no conscience....we cannot teach you that..you are brainwashed...goood luck to you in the name of GOD.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by Kargun

You dove war weary British soldiers out of Palestine by blowing up Hotels and murdering them by sniper attack.
You drove millions of palestinians out of their homeland by chicken shoot machine gun massacres.
Get real.
Your reaquiring of Israel after approx 2000 years was done by mass murder.
Ok its got what you want ..you probably live in a ara formerly palestinian...but you appear to have no contrition..no conscience....we cannot teach you that..you are brainwashed...goood luck to you in the name of GOD.

"I" never did any of what you siad.

Where are you from?

Britan? I can tell you about your coups? Iran no ? Algeria? El salvidor, the americas? ect for 10 pages. No
America? Where to start? I can't

I do not blame you.
I have been in war and hate it, you sound like you justify war to us evil jews.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Stupid War.

While you guys point and say who started what people are being bombed and killed.

Both sides are at fault. There really is no valid point or reason in taking another persons life.

One day hopefully everyone wakes up and just puts down the weapons and lives in peace (won't happen).

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Kargun

Further attempted derailment, Israel did *NOT* fire first, period.

As for the boy, all war is sad, death is sad, especially youth, the boy had nothing to do with those in charge that decided to fire rockets at Israel, the boy is innocent and it is a sad thing, but mixing lies with news for political purposes is a fail.

Further derailment? Wtf are you talking about?

I get that you think the IDF didn't fire first but it doesn't make it true. We know the story line, Israel good and Palestine bad. I'm all for getting to the bottom of this, who wouldn't be, so you already said something about this all being well documented and I asked where can I find this documentation, so I'll ask again, where is it because I would like to see it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Yeah war sucks but there are people in this world who don't think it sucks and continue to engage in it so with that its very important to figure out who started what and why. I get your point, both sides are guilty of atrocities but it won't solve itself by ignoring it and calling them both bad.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

Iam from Australia and I have seen the footage of rows of Palestinian civilians being mowed down and dumped in ditches.
I have seen the footage of European Jews after ww2 mowing down defenceless Arabs in 1948 and them laughiing about it
I doubt you hav e a clue about the war crimes comiited by Israelis against the occupied Palestinians ..but I do noy blame you the press will not let the majority ever know.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm so tired of this. Both sides are wrong, right, and fighting for something that makes no sense.

The rest of the world should intervene. Smack the kids on the back of the head and remind them if they don't play nice it's bedtime. You both want the same spot, fine. F-ing share. Hamas sucks, the IDF sucks, everyone sucks. Let's stop acting like children and accept that sharing is good. Two year old's can do it. Screw you Hamas, screw you Israel. You both want the same thing, if you could learn to share it would be beautiful and people wouldn't die.

Screw picking a side. Grow up and shake hands you f#47990n f6778054.

join