It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nintendo Wii U will Fail, Nintendo fall, sony buyout, my prediction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I predict that nintendo wii u will fail and be the crushing blow to the nintendo legacy once and for all. Nintendo is so backwards with there age demographic that they believe that children will like there gimmicks of gaming. Supernintendo greatest console ever made IMHO. Even the 64 was a crappy console!

I believe that sony will buyout nintendo what they should have done 15 years ago to begin with. With this merge the competion between microsoft and sony will come closer

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Sony had a horrible launch with the PS3 , it was overpriced and they nerfed all of the initial selling points (cant install linux on there anymore etc). Nintendo will do fine because they are getting the jump on sony and xbox 360. I doubt next gen graphics are going to be that much better than current gen. If Nintendo can have a smooth online service they will do fine.

Honestly the gaming market has lost its edge. Its all about DLC and micro transactions for games you beat in a week. They rehash the same tired franchises and they hold back innovation and hold the players hand in the most annoying of ways.

Sony also has a problem of making everything proprietary and in house some times this works and sometimes it flops.

Microsoft seems to forget they are a gaming console and have bloated the console with so much garbage and useless addons. Not to mention you pay out the @$$ for everything you buy from them even customer service.

Nintendo's easy access initial price will be key for it I feel. They usually lag behind in tech but what you pay for works for years. I still have every one of my nintendo systems and they work just as good as the day I got them well except for blowing on the occasional NES cartridge.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Even the 64 was a crappy console!

Meh, it wasn't that bad. Mario, Zelda, Starfox, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Rogue Squadron all great games.

Nintendo messed up with the Wii, but I think the Wii U is actually a step in the right direction for them, they are actually trying to appeal to gamers of all ages instead of simply going for the E for everyone crowd like they have for the past couple years.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
While I don't think they're heading into Virtual Boy fail territory. I don't think it's going to do well and although Nintendo had stated that they wanted to lure the dedicated "gamer" back; it seems they chose to do this by marketing the Wii U to to the same casual player as the Wii. If Sony does buy them out I'm interested to see where they're gonna take Mario and Zelda.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
^^ Written on a console I gather

to be honest i don't even know where the future is going with gaming devices (including PC) as new technology is always around the corner changing the entire playing field. And this is good, but frustrating. Means everything is expensive and then instantly obsolete.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yamauchi doesnt seem like the type to just sell. I dont know anything about nintendo's financials but they made over 50 billion in the 80s not sure on the 90s im sure about the same or more . and they havent really been unprofitable. Its not like we are talking Atari.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Next gen consoles are to have better graphics!!!!! Ultra realistic that is, there are articles online about it.

But the next gen consoles, I probably wont buy, because of massive online fees and probably DLC-universe. and you have to be connected to the internet to play as well. BSSSSSSSSS

Nintendo believes that by fusing the nitendo WII with the Nintendo DS will create a better market for them... Although, graphics are still on par with current consoles. Nintendo will be out graphics within 2-3 years when sony and microsoft release next gen. They are perpetually behind

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The thing is though no one buys nintendo for the graphics its the game play. If the titles arent there the system wont matter but they are getting 3 party developers. I can throw in mega man 2, link to the past, mario 64, pikmin, or any other nintendo title and it still plays great. Go throw in one of the first sony games and let me know if you make it passed the load screen Zzzzz....

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

I stand by what i said, but all things that made Nintendo great. Megaman for a great example... gone to sony
edit on 16-11-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
how is the nintendo wii u a step forward and how will that save them. doesnt compute on my end.
i think nintendo will survive no more or less the the rest of the consoles. it will eventually be a novelty anyways.

edit on 16-11-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

True and we see how horrible those games are now. It will be a toss up. Im sure in Japan Nintendo does absolutely fine but I haven't liked how NOA has marketed themselves the last decade or so.

I am never an early adopter anymore though because with the prices asked you never know if you will have another 3do on your hands lol.
edit on 16-11-2012 by NihilistSanta because: typo

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

Meh, it wasn't that bad. Mario, Zelda, Starfox, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Rogue Squadron all great games.

Nintendo messed up with the Wii, but I think the Wii U is actually a step in the right direction for them, they are actually trying to appeal to gamers of all ages instead of simply going for the E for everyone crowd like they have for the past couple years.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

Dont forget 007 Golden eye....I beleive the best 1st shooter of all IMO

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

SNES was better...Just because. Most of the games ib 64 that were great were sequels to the console.

the greatest original 64 game...

Battle tanx 1 and 2

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Didn't everyone say the Wii was going to be a major disaster for Nintendo???? I remember, Sony and Microsoft making fun of all of the Wii's motion based controllers. Then what do they both do?? Motion based controllers. Reports are Nintendo's demise are greatly exaggerated, once again.

Nintendo is all about gameplay and characters, they know what they do well and they execute it very very well.
edit on 16-11-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
nintendo is king.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Nintendo 64 was a what system? huh? You must be a space cadet!
Ocarina of Time and Golden-eye... enough said.

I predict it doing about as well as the Wii did.
I'm sure when it releases it will sell out. To maintain sales, it will need third-party support.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

I stopped reading right there...and not just because it was the end of your post. And Genesis > SNES, but N64 was a heck of a video gaming memory.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
looking at the games of course Wii U will fail. Sony on the hand needs more split screen co-op games and less lame games. Also, Gran Turismo 6 anyone? I know SEGA can do better with their games, which they choose not to do. That is their own fault. Make better games or else. The new Rayman for Wii U sucks balls(you require a 2nd player in order to get through the game).

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Not rocket science but Sony will also fall with the release of the Xbox 720 because Sony haven't even got a full chipset yet.. Microsoft have got the model, chipset and are now working on yet more new Kinect type tech with also having the fabled Blu-Ray player..... My prediction bye bye Nintendo and Poor boy Sony PS with Microsoft eventually owning the Nintendo game rights as the Nintendo brand itself will remain in limbo. Sony will come close to Bankruptcy.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Haha; console gaming.

Glorious PC gaming master race reporting: Nintendo won't likely reach SEGA status unless they try to rehash the Virtual Boy. Nintendo has its core fan base, all they really need to do is remember that and keep making those games and similar titles and they will be ever present in the market, regardless of the American lust for Call of Duty and Madden clones. Nintendo does seem to be stuck in the same-room multiplayer days. Online multiplayer for the Wii was unintuitive and well, a hassle, so sure the WiiU is going to have a hard time competing with the PS3 and 360; but if you think the WiiU or the Wii were ever really competing with the two of them I don't think you've been looking at it right.

Even if the WiiU does "fail" Nintendo is still the better portable console producer and will always dominate with the on-the-go gamer.

But for now I must take my leave. I'll allow you dirty console gaming peasants to play in the mud or whatever it is you do.

and for those of you who are no doubt missing the reference Zero Punctuation; game reviews from someone more jaded on the subject than I am. Caution, naughty language.
edit on 11/25/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/25/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join