It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient (2008) Text From India Explains the Cause of Crime, and Describes a Woman's Goal in Life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There's a lot of concern over what is being taught in American schools. And, yes, a lot of it is rubbish, but it is taught because it fits well with an individual's (or committee's) view of what's right and wrong. Here's an example of that philosophy being exposed in India.

AFP - The pros and cons of meat-eating may be the subject of debate for nutritionists, but one Indian school textbook is clear: a fleshy diet will make you lie, steal and even commit sex crimes.

The unusual moral guidance appeared in a school book for 11-year-olds, purporting to offer education on issues from health and hygiene to sex education and exercise, the NDTV news channel reported.

On a page about non-vegetarians, the book said that they "easily cheat, tell lies, they forget promises, they are dishonest and tell bad words, steal, fight and turn to violence and commit sex crimes".

It also claimed that "it is the waste products which largely produce the flavour of meat", and praised the Japanese for their vegetarian diet -- failing to mention their love of seafood.

The book's marriage advice was also questionable, suggesting women should find a husband between the ages of 18 and 25.

"To get married without a bad name is a dream of every young girl," it said.

www.france24.com...

We can laugh, but don't our schools (at least, some of them) teach children that the world is dying because of global warming? That abortion is a perfectly routine choice that their parents won't be told about? That they should pledge allegiance to Obama? Not to mention our own dietary beliefs on which foods are good or bad, and in what amounts.

What about the history of Columbus, the first settlers, and the founders? Is there much talk about how important religion was to both groups?

The purpose of this thread? To give you a little smile, make you think about the tremendous power educators have, maybe encourage you to give an example from your own experience. And to start a thread which isn't obviously attacking anyone, and isn't filled with hate.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. I think I'm a little old to be committing sex crimes, but I'll eat a burger and find out.

P.p.s. I see I've left out that the text is an Indian school text first used in 2008. The publisher claims they will be pulling it. The examples I gave of American doctrines being taught was intended solely to show that opinions are being taught without much control. You may like the opinions or not, but the kids get them in their heads all the same. I certainly didn't mean to start a fight over the validity of any one of them.

edit on 16-11-2012 by charles1952 because: add P.p.s.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Ancient eh? Man I wonder what life was like back in 2008.

Back when eating meat made you tell a bad word.

I'm pretty sure that global warming has more substance to it than "Meat gets it's flavour from dung!", too!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Well, if I had said "Modern text from a single Indian school," who would have stopped by?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

I'm pretty sure that global warming has more substance to it than "Meat gets it's flavour from dung!", too!

Wait, what? The article is dated 11/16/2012. The picture at the side shows a chap cooking kabobs in 2010.

That's not all, but your reference made me feel really old.........LOL. I remember life in the early 60's!

Anyway, the article is a rehash of sorts. Everybody knows eating meat is bad for ya, but who's going to turn down a decent steak?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by winofiend

Wait, what? The article is dated 11/16/2012. The picture at the side shows a chap cooking kabobs in 2010.

That's not all, but your reference made me feel really old.........LOL. I remember life in the early 60's!

Anyway, the article is a rehash of sorts. Everybody knows eating meat is bad for ya, but who's going to turn down a decent steak?

I've forgotten what a decent steak is. All meat tastes wrong to me these days, especially bacon. SO UNFAIR!!! it has a chemical taste to it. I should splurge one last time on a restaurant steak for once.. lol

In ancient times, I could have done this on any weekend. but modern times forbids it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Dear winofiend,

I really feel badly for you. It wasn't your fault that you lived just a few years too long. Tell you what, order the steak, then tell yourself that it's really arugula. That way you'll keep Michelle O. happy and probably prevent some sex crimes.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yes feel this is not right

new topics

top topics

join