It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody Here Get the Flu Yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Okay, I can't say I have a confirmed case, but, yesterday I was feeling kind of dodgy. I smoke, and thought that my cigs tasted kind of funny. I woke up this morning, with a sore throat, and my coffee tasted funny. By 10:00 a.m. I started coughing up nasty stuff (no, I don't usually from smoking) and yellow stuff coming out of my nose. The cough really hurts, and the pain feels like heat, and a bunch of little needles. By 11:00 a. m. I got a severe bloody nose! I haven't had one of those for years! It was really bad, like a faucet. Now I am having stomach cramps, and hot & cold flashes, and a slight temperature. Mine is usually about 96 and it's almost 98.(Yes, mine runs really low, and I have freakishly low blood pressure on top of that.)

Now, the odd part. My boyfriend came down with a cold earlier this week. He is still somewhat stuffy, and he took Zycam and swears he feels better.

I finished up my work duties early today, and decided to get out of the house and ride along with him to go meet some of his employees that he needed to get paperwork from. Now, as soon as they showed up, and he got out of the car, instantaneous bloody nose...............whoooosh. All over his arms, shirt, face.........it was nasty. He hasn't had a bloody nose in years, either!

Anyway, I am sitting here nursing some chicken broth, feeling like poo! I have never experienced an illness go from a few hours warning into something so full blown, and the bloody noses on top of it.

So, just wondering if anybody else is having these symptoms, and if it's been confirmed as the flu.

Side note: I have had a flu shot only once in my life, and got sick from it, so I am flu shot free!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't know if what I have is a cold or the flu, but it's bad. Started with a sore throat, then deep chills for hours that had me shaking and covered in goosebumps for hours, then the next day a fever, which lasted 3 days. I have had weakness, weird stabby pains through my body, stuffy nose, terrible cough, seems like I have new symptoms every day. I came down with it Saturday night, so it's been almost an entire week. This is unlike any cold I have ever had. I have been off my feet for almost this entire week. I have had a headache today since I woke up, and ibuprofen didn't put a dent in it. I can't taste my food at all. I am stubborn, and haven't gone for antibiotics because the fever went away on it's own, and I don't have swollen glands. I just miss tasting food, and being to function in general. There are some nasty cooties going around this year, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
sound like a cold !
no worry in a few days you will start feeling better

stay inside and call sick .. dont go out unless you really have to

take care and be well

btw .. mother have a big cold atm
so you are not alone
she can barely speak
edit on 11/16/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tl1977

I hope you feel better soon. This seems like the tip of the iceberg for me. Hopefully you won't get the bloody nose bit!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
sound like a cold !
no worry in a few days you will start feeling better

stay inside and call sick .. dont go out unless you really have to

take care and be well

Thanks for the advice. I don't plan to go out and infect anybody else, unless I have to.

I work from home, doing dispatching for a company local to Phoenix. That's why I can't have a lot of windows open at times, but it still allows me the pleasure of being on ATS for hours a day! LOL!

My boyfriend is the boss, so, unless he get's mad at me, I will never get in trouble for this!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

I hope you and your loved one feel much, much better very soon. Remember to... drink a huge amount of fluids.

The symptoms you have described could be something else besides the flu; maybe I am wrong; but when I have had the flu over the years... a spontaneous bloody nose was never one of the symptoms.

If you have not already done so...please go to the doctor...(and I have found this helps) before you go to the doctor; write down all of your symptoms and questions; that way you won't forget anything.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I haven't had the flu or a cold in over 4 years, because I take Samento (derived from Cat's Claw herb). It is an anitmicrobial which really works wonders.

At the first sign of feeling a little ill, I take a few drops in water on an empty stomach. Within a few hours, the germ is defeated.

I used to get sick constantly, always needing medical attention, so Samento has been a life-saver for me, literally.

I knew that this year was going to be a bad year for germs, as I have had to hit the Samento at least 5 times since the fall started.

My whole family takes it now, and nobody gets sick anymore. It even kept my 87 year old mother in law out of the hospital last Christmas when she became severely ill within a few hours with a nasty flu.

I know there's a lot of people out there that cannot believe that an herb can fight cold and flu germs, but I'm telling you, it works, and is worth every penny. We have no insurance, and I have rheumatoid arthritis, so I cannot afford to get ill, because when I get sick, it is for weeks, and always requires medical intervention.

It can be found on Amazon. If you combine it with natural apple cider vinegar, and Wellness Formula vitamin / herbal capsules, you'll never get sick like that again.

Feel better soon!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Nope, I haven't even gotten a cold yet this cold/flu season -vigorously knocks on wood-. I don't have time to be sick anyway, much too much to do. I think it's a miracle I'm not sick though. I rarely get enough sleep and am always stressed out/not always getting to eat healthy.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

I'm so sorry you are feeling rotten. Plenty of fluids, you don't want to dehydrate. I haven't been sick in about 12 years. I take herbal supplements. and Lipo-C. Golden seal, and echinacea, are favored ones for dealing with colds/flu, you can purchase them in the vitamin section of your pharmacy, or health food store.,. I make my own Liposomal-C. Here is an excellent thread on ATS on Lipo-C and how to make it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope you are feeling better real soon.

Des

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks for your reply. I was at home today working while perusing ATS, and found myself without anything but tap water and coffee. Your advice is right on. As soon as we were done with business today, I got a fresh stock of bottled water, and 7up, and I loosened the cap to let the carbonation out. My tummy is rumbling!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I haven't had the flu or a cold in over 4 years, because I take Samento (derived from Cat's Claw herb). It is an anitmicrobial which really works wonders.

At the first sign of feeling a little ill, I take a few drops in water on an empty stomach. Within a few hours, the germ is defeated.zzzzzzzzzz

Okay, I don't think I have ever heard of that. Where can a person obtain it?

I used to get sick constantly, always needing medical attention, so Samento has been a life-saver for me, literally.

Me too. This year is different, though. I am always sick by Halloween. This year I wasn't. Then I feel okay for about 2 - 3 weeks, and am sick for Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I know, colds seem to really linger with me.

I knew that this year was going to be a bad year for germs, as I have had to hit the Samento at least 5 times since the fall started.

My whole family takes it now, and nobody gets sick anymore. It even kept my 87 year old mother in law out of the hospital last Christmas when she became severely ill within a few hours with a nasty flu.

I know there's a lot of people out there that cannot believe that an herb can fight cold and flu germs, but I'm telling you, it works, and is worth every penny. We have no insurance, and I have rheumatoid arthritis, so I cannot afford to get ill, because when I get sick, it is for weeks, and always requires medical intervention.

It can be found on Amazon. If you combine it with natural apple cider vinegar, and Wellness Formula vitamin / herbal capsules, you'll never get sick like that again.

Feel better soon!

Thanks so much. I see you answered my question about where to locate this herb. Much appreciated!

edit on 16-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Excellent advice I always do this now, it's suprising what you forget on the spot

To the op yellow snots and green flem can be signs of your body fighting back or worst case pneumonia setting in but you'll feel like death himself if it was the latter. I hope you get well soon and nose bleeds I have never associated with the flu or cold, even when I have seen the elderly extremely ill never have I seen nose bleeds when it comes to the flu or cold so that has me a bit stumped

Any new chemicals been introduced into the household or are you allergic to anything? things like this can cause symptons like this sometimes

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
Nope, I haven't even gotten a cold yet this cold/flu season -vigorously knocks on wood-. I don't have time to be sick anyway, much too much to do. I think it's a miracle I'm not sick though. I rarely get enough sleep and am always stressed out/not always getting to eat healthy.

Gosh, you are lucky. Must be your fight or flight hormones protecting you!

When I was younger I used to be that way, and one time, ignored walking pneumonia until I finally went to the DR.and was told, "if these antibiotics don't work, you will be admitted to the hospital."

I was a young Mom, with 4 kids and a dead beat husband I was in the process of divorcing. Thank God for FMLA, 'cause I spent about 4 weeks in bed, with pay! Short term disability. I didn't earn my pay, but it kept our heads above water!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you Des. I haven't taken supplements for a while, but I do eat very well. I eat mostly raw organic food, but do imbibe in meat a few times a month.

I am getting older, that's a fact. What used to be just an inconvenience as far as illness, now knocks me on my rear.

It is very important to keep hydrated, bad news about that though is I get the raw mustache from wiping my nose! Good news about that, is the fluids are working the gunk out!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990

Excellent advice I always do this now, it's suprising what you forget on the spot

To the op yellow snots and green flem can be signs of your body fighting back or worst case pneumonia setting in but you'll feel like death himself if it was the latter. I hope you get well soon and nose bleeds I have never associated with the flu or cold, even when I have seen the elderly extremely ill never have I seen nose bleeds when it comes to the flu or cold so that has me a bit stumped

Any new chemicals been introduced into the household or are you allergic to anything? things like this can cause symptons like this sometimes

Hey, thanks for chiming in. I have a few allergies, one f which is celiac disease, so I am really careful about what I eat. I am stuffy in the spring, but where I live now, it's the damn olive trees, which started blooming very early this year. Usually it's December, but they started in October. That was bugging me, but what was coming out of my nose was clear, until today.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yep, I got it around 10 22, started with itchy ears and just exhaustion. Made me miss my surprise party for my bd on the 24th. Then it moved to my chest with first chills then fever going back and forth. Wicked cough, the tickle kind. It took about a week and a half to move into my head or sinus area. I have just now finally seem to have shaken it. The cough lasted forever it seemed.

The only thing I didnt have was the bloody nose. Good luck, you are in for quite the ride. Im usually pretty healthy so for something to last this long was pretty odd. I kept wondering if the winds from the storms kicked something up as I am in Rhode Island.

I also have a couple friends suffering from the same thing as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

YIKES, symptoms on 10/22? That's a long recover period being almost a month.

I appreciate your reply so people know what they are in for!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Yes, it wasnt fun at all and my friends are also lasting the same amount of time. We have all taken different things, they went to the Dr., I didnt. Doesnt seem anything really works, it just has to play itself out it seems.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
reply to post by Sissel

Yes, it wasnt fun at all and my friends are also lasting the same amount of time. We have all taken different things, they went to the Dr., I didnt. Doesnt seem anything really works, it just has to play itself out it seems.

Thanks for your contributions. It's still really in the flu season, so I think it's great we can let others have an idea what to expect.

new topics

top topics

join