It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Paul filibusters defense bill [NDAA]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

im glad you're happy.

to me theres nothing this rat can do that will undo the damage he has done.

only reason i care to even look at articles like this is that he has the famous Paul surname

while i agree what he did seems shadey, sometimes you have to take one for the team out in the open(so enemies will friend you), to stick it to them later behind the scenes. i think this is what rand paul has done, maybe even under his fathers orders, they knew winning was slim so sent a wolf in sheeps clothing to get behind the enemy lines. i think we will see him cockup theyre plans more in the future, at least we can hope.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
He has proven himself again and again to be on the peoples side,but there are still detractors.Why not show some guts and support him?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I am more than willing to support this libertarian known as Rand Paul on this issue. The things approved in the last NDAA act are totally unacceptable. If he wants to fight it then I will stand by with him in solidarity. It is not common for any member of the American political class to actually fight for the liberty of the people.

Usually I would not be willing to support libertarians on anything but this time, Rand Paul, is fighting something worth supporting.

He deserves support. This also show how the filibuster is still something which should remain in the Senate rules. There is a push in the Senate currently to end the power to filibuster. The filibuster allows for minority ideas to have more equal power and influence in government.

Filibuster Reform: Democrats, GOP Gear Up For Fight

So, I hope Rand Paul fights sections of the NDAA which give the Federal government the power to murder US citizens and to jail US citizens without being charged with a crime. Fight for democracy!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
I am more than willing to support this libertarian known as Rand Paul on this issue. The things approved in the last NDAA act are totally unacceptable. If he wants to fight it then I will stand by with him in solidarity. It is not common for any member of the American political class to actually fight for the liberty of the people.

Usually I would not be willing to support libertarians on anything but this time, Rand Paul, is fighting something worth supporting.

He deserves support. This also show how the filibuster is still something which should remain in the Senate rules. There is a push in the Senate currently to end the power to filibuster. The filibuster allows for minority ideas to have more equal power and influence in government.

Filibuster Reform: Democrats, GOP Gear Up For Fight

So, I hope Rand Paul fights sections of the NDAA which give the Federal government the power to murder US citizens and to jail US citizens without being charged with a crime. Fight for democracy!
Have you read the current NDAA for 2013? I posted a link for it, and you'll see that Rand is just grandstanding.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
GO RAND PAUL!!!!

He is holding up the vote over the NDAA.

Until they agree to affirm that american citizens will be given a fair trial, making the NDAA conform to .. you know.. the Constitution. Here is his amendment:

“A citizen of the United States who is captured or arrested in the United States and detained by the Armed Forces of the United States pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107–40) shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense,” the amendment states.

I am so glad I voted for him now.

thehill.com< br />
Edit to add, I'm not surprised, but I can't find this in any big media news stream. Of course they are not going to report on this!

edit on 16-11-2012 by pianopraze because: ...

I wish it would have been worded, "...wherein the crime was alleged to have been commited...".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join